Thread: [Pokémon] Four Paws [Rated T]
View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2013, 11:09 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Chapter 35
Unlike that cliff back in Johto, the green plateau here is steep, so it was easy to climb down to the base. There were a lot of trees around though, which shaded us from the sun, though the cool breeze would be enough for us to ignore the sun's heat.

Anyway, as we got closer to the base, the tall grasses were annoyingly getting taller and taller, until I was only a fourth or so of the grass' height by the time we reached the base.

Aside from the noises that we make, both from walking and from talking, we could also hear rustling noises from every direction. We weren't really sure if it was from the wind, or from other Pokémon. We decided to ignore them though, the noises, I mean.

“How the heck are we going to see where we're going?” I complained as I pushed myself through the thick grasses. “And why in blazes aren't these humans trimming these grasses down?!”

“Complained the used-to-be-human,” Fay snickered, and I shot her a glare.

“You complain too much,” Shock said as he led our small group. He stopped and turned to Saur, who stopped beside him. “Well?”

Saur turned towards...I dunno what direction he faced.

“There,” Saur simply said, and began walking.

“There?” I asked as we followed him. “There where?”

“To Pallet Seaside, of course!” Fay chirped.

I arched an eyebrow. “Are...you guys certain we're heading to the right direction?”

“Saur's a grass type,” Vixie explained. “He can feel the plants through their roots. Well,” she shrugged. “He used to, when he was an Ivysaur. I'm not sure if he still can.”

Oh? He was an Ivysaur before? Neat. I was about to ask our Bulbasaur friend what it felt like when he devolved, but then a thought interrupted me. Maybe it's a very hurtful and sensitive subject. I'll ask that question when the time's right, or when I can. Anyway...

“How can he tell?” I asked back.

Vixie shrugged again. “Not sure... Saur said something about his feet and plant roots, but the details are escaping me...”

I nodded anyway. No use understanding the illogical logic of Pokémon if I'm going back to human soon. “You guys have been friends for a long time, huh?”

Vixie smiled and nodded. “Yup! That's why we always stick together.”

I smiled back, but my ears fell flat. I suddenly remembered Shock's plan of settling down in Viridian Forest... I'm quite sure that they already know that I'm really going to return to being human, and they're probably ready for that to happen, but... I...wonder if they already knew about Shock. And...I'm going to be human soon...so why am I concerned by Shock leaving the party?

Well, in any case, I should probably concentrate more on getting to Pallet Town, and think of ways to move around without carrying an ‘OMG A RARE EEVEE’ sign around town.

We heard a loud rustling noise up ahead though, and it got louder as we progressed. We decided to make a turn to avoid whatever was making the noise, and after a few seconds of walking to a different direction, we heard groaning noises. A careful look and we saw a young teenaged guy annoyingly pushing himself through the tall grass.

“Geeze! If Pokémon weren't living here, I'd already asked you to burn the grass down!”

Oh, a Charmander sat on his shoulder, chuckling at his, or her trainer.

Suddenly, another set of rustling noises came from where the human came from, and a new voice to accompany it.

“Oi! Wait up!” a female voice called. She was a teenaged girl, and was grunting and puffing as she pushed through the tall grass as well. “Eek! I shouldn't have wore a skirt! Ow! I-I think I got a cut on my leg!”

“You complain too much...” a Squirtle scratched his head as he calmly followed his trainer. He stopped and blinked when he noticed us though.

Even though we were a few feet away, I glared at him. “I have a grass type here and I'm not afraid to use it.” I pulled an absent-minded Bulbasaur to my side.

“What are you doing?” Vixie asked, but I ignored her.

“Now move along or taste the fury of the grass!”

The Squirtle gulped and hurried to his trainer.

“Huh? What was that?” the female voice asked. “Oh, it's just you, Bubbles. I thought I heard an Eevee just now. Oh well... Here, let me carry you so you won't get lost.”

“Hurry up over there!”

“Sheesh! What are you hurrying for?! The gym's not going anywhere, anyway!”

“Well, the day is! Now, if you don't want to sleep in the middle of nowhere, I suggest you hurry up!”

“We can just go back to Pallet, you know!”

I chuckled and turned to my friends. “I have a feeling those two are going to be a couple, or they'll kill each other.”

The others smiled as Shock chuckled.

“That'd be hilarious,” the Pikachu said as he followed Saur leading the way. “But anyway, let's continue.”

I nodded as Fay, Vixie and I followed them. There was another rustling noise up ahead, and it was getting loud fast. Before we could react, a Nidoran jumped out and...skidded to a stop when she noticed that we were on her way.

The female Nidoran blinked. “Oh, excuse me.”

...were there Nidorans on Route 1?

“Hai! And no problem!” Fay chirped, making the newcomer smile. “What's the rush?”

“I heard a rumor from the Spearows that there's a large gathering in Green Forest.”

“Oh?” Shock said, interested. “I was born there. Something going on?”

...she just said that there's a large gathering there...sheesh...

The Nidoran just frowned and shook her head. “I don't know the details, but I heard that they're going to talk about something important. Or maybe it was they're going to meet with someone important, or someone important's going to show up and talk about something.” She shook her head again. “Anyway, I better get going. Hope to see you around!”

“Yeah,” Shock nodded as the Nidoran continued on her way. He then ‘tsk'ed’ and glared on the ground. “I hate interesting news without details about the news.”

“Hence why they're called ‘rumors’,” I smirked, and he glared at me as Fay chuckled.

“Still,” Shock said as we continued on our way. “We should probably check it out after we're done in Seaside.”

I shrugged. At least, if Pallet has nothing for me, then we have something else to do. But then, what if a female Pikachu caught Shock's eyes in Green—er, Viridian Forest? Will he leave our little group and settle down?

“Excuse me,” I whispered to the girls as I quicken my pace and slowed when I was beside Shock. Saur was a bit ahead, and Fay and Vixie were a bit behind, so I guess this is good enough. “Hey Shock...”

“Hm?” He didn't spare me a look.

“So...Green Forest?”

“Yeah? What about it?”

“Well, I remember our one-on-one talk that one time, and...well...” I hesitated... Why am I hesitating?

“Spit it out, already.”

Hesitation, gone. “You're going to find a girl there and start a family?”

Shock chuckled. “Me? Look for a female and suddenly start a family? What do you take me for?” He gave me an annoyed smile. “I'm hurt, but amused at the same time.”

Eh? Find a girl and start a family? Oh, I guess that's considered as ‘that escalated quickly’...

I deadpanned at him. “Seriously though. Will you?”

Shock looked ahead and shrugged. “Eh, I'll cross that bridge when Iget there.”

He's...using my own lines? I glared at him. “I hate you.”

He chukled.