View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2013 (10:23 AM).
Exploring Hoenn
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
Thank you to everyone and anyone who's read my record of my Pokemon travels over these last few years. I plan on continuing in the Kalos Travel Journal thread. Thanks again, and see you there!

November 3, 2013

The clocks went back an hour last night, so I got up early to finish my hunt for Kyurem! I returned to the Great Chasm and traversed the maze, battling some of the strongest wild Pokémon in Unova in order to train my team. Eventually, I made it to the center of the forest, when suddenly I heard a roar from overhead! A blizzard of snow started to blow in the area, and through the haze, I saw a silhouette of a large dragon flying towards a cave to the north of me. I pressed through the snow, and entered the cave. Standing in the center of the cave was none other than Kyurem!

“Everyone, come on out and help me out!” I released all my Pokémon. My Pupitar looked ready to battle, and then it started to glow. My Pupitar is evolving!

“Tyranitar, the Armor Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pupitar. Tyranitar can knock down mountains and bury rivers if they rampage. The quakes caused when they walk make even great mountains crumble and can change the surrounding terrain.”

300. Tyranitar

“Ok, Tyranitar, you’re up first!” I was preparing for a very long, drawn out battle with Kyurem. “Tyranitar, use Rock Slide!”

Rock Slide hit, and was super effective! Kyurem merely used Imprison in return, leaving an opening for another attack.

“Quick, use Rock Slide again!” Another critical hit landed, and Kyurem seemed angrier. This time it struck back using Dragon Pulse! But Tyranitar took the hit with no problem!

“Way to go Tyranitar!” My other Pokémon were cheering it on too. “One more attack, hit it with Crunch!”

My Tyranitar got in close, and bit down on Kyurem, who was extremely weak at this point. (Read: in the red!) Now there’s just the tedious task of throwing Pokéball after Pokéball.

“Ok, go Ultra Ball!” The Ultra Ball scooped up Kyurem, and it rocked once… twice… three times…

I stood there staring, just blinking.

Did I just catch the most powerful legendary Pokémon in Unova with a single Ultra Ball?

“Jol-tik!” Suddenly, my Joltik landed on my head and gave me a shock to snap me out of my astonishment. I can’t believe it. I did it. My Unova Pokédex is complete. I caught Kyurem!!

301. Kyurem

Back at the Pokémon Center in Lacunosa Town, I was deciding what to do next. First, I decided I would take one final trip to the Dream World.

Dream World: Scolipede. Found: nothing new; Shroomish that can use Focus Punch.

So close. I’ve obtained one of each Pokémon with a special move in the Dream World, except an elusive Poliwag that can use Sleep Talk. Still, that’s not bad, all things considering. I also caught most of those Pokémon a second time with their other special move, coming up roughly 20 short. I also found a majority a third time as females with their hidden ability; but that might be a moot point, as I hear in Kalos even a male Pokémon can pass a hidden ability. I also found quite the plethora of items, though had to leave a lot of berries behind, since I wasn’t aware of the limits on transferring items to the Entralink. Overall, not bad for two and a half years of the Dream World!

I also received another batch of medals towards the Medal Rally, and since I’ve passed 100 medals, I’ve been advanced to Elite Rank!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 103/127
New Medals:
Ice-type Catcher
Rock-type Catcher
Dragon-type Catcher
Dark-type Catcher

Elite Medalist

I called Professor Juniper from the Pokémon Center. She was at a lab on Route 15. I traveled across the Marvelous Bridge from Nimbasa City and met her there.

“Well done on completing your Pokédex, Steve!” she congratulated me.

“Thanks, professor,” I responded. “I’m not sure what to do next though. I’d like to see how my Wailmer is doing, so I might travel back to Hoenn. Or maybe I’ll see my other Pokémon at Haley’s ranch near Sinnoh.”

“I have another idea for you,” said the professor. “How about starting a new journey? There’s a place called the Kalos Region where there are some new Pokémon even I’ve never seen before. And if I remember correctly, there are many more Pokémon native to that region than Unova!”

“Really? It took me two and a half years to catch 301!” I laughed a little, and then changed the subject. “What is this lab, anyway?”

“It’s a lab focusing on Pokémon transporting,” she informed me. “We can transfer Pokémon now, but the current system has its limitations. For example, I won’t be able to transfer any of your Pokémon from Unova all the way to Kalos. But, we are studying a new method that might allow us to increase our range someday.”

“Well, it would be awesome to see all my old friends again,” I said. Then I took out my Pokéballs. “Everyone, come on out for one last time!”

Karrablast, Joltik, Grimer, Pelipper, and Golduck all appeared with a shine.

“Thank you, all of you.” I looked at each one of them. “I hope to someday have you fight by my side again. And who knows, maybe I’ll meet some new friends to join us.”

Professor Juniper put her hand on my shoulder. “The boat to Kalos leaves in a few hours from Castelia City. I promise your Pokémon will be well taken care of at my lab in Nuvema Town.”

I made the short journey to Castelia City, and then boarded the ship. As the ship left the dock, I saw a flock of Wingull in the distance. Then, a Pelipper appeared among them. Riding it was Grimer, Joltik, and Karrablast! Inside its large mouth was Golduck. They were all waving as the ship sailed away. I waved back, remembering the fond times we all had together in Unova, but knowing that it was time for me to move on.

Next stop: the Kalos Region!
Hoenn Pokédex: Seen 159 Obtained 157
Hoenn Medals: 41
Kalos Pokédex: Seen 453 Obtained 453
Central Kalos Pokédex: Seen 151 Obtained 151
Coastal Kalos Pokédex: Seen 151 Obtained 151
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 151 Obtained 151
Kalos Medals: 108
Kalos Ribbons: 12