Thread: [Pokémon] Four Paws [Rated T] (Complete)
View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2013 (11:01 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier
Nature: Careful
Chapter 42
“Vixie,” I said as I finally got to her.

She turned and smiled. “Hi.”

I kept a flat face. I wanted to tell her how long it took me to find her, and here she was, under a tree in Oak's front lawn, beside the gate. Unfortunately, there were more pressing matters we needed to talk about, and my heart wasn't making things any easier.

I took a deep breath and sighed to calm myself down. It didn't work. “We need to talk.”

“I know.” It was quick, but I noticed her frown before she quickly replaced it with a smile. “What do we need to talk about?”

“First,” I sat in front of her and raised a paw. “Could you please drop the smiling act. It's getting annoying,” and making me having a difficult time to be serious at you.

She frowned and sighed. “I heard a lot from females that a smile will always charm our potential mates.”

I rolled my eyes as I brought my paw back down. “You're just making yourself look so plastic.”

She blinked. “What's plastic?”

“Never mind that,” I shook my head and squinted my eyes a bit. The clouds have moved and the golden sunset rays struck my eyes. “Just be yourself if you want to attract someone.”

She grinned at me. “I'll keep that in mind.”

I rolled my eyes. “And the second thing... Could you please...” My throat suddenly felt dry. Am I going to say it? I never wanted to break hearts. I know what broken hearts felt like. B-but... She should have known better! I'm a human... “Go and find someone else to be your mate...” I lifted a paw to stall her. “...who will be willing to be your mate.” I brought it back down, sighed, and looked away. The mountains are golden now... “This won't work. You and I, I mean. You're a Pokémon, while I'm a human...”

“But you're not human yet...”

I turned back to her and gave her a soft glare. “And by the time I'll turn back into human... What then?”

She shut her mouth and looked at the ground.

“I'm sorry, Vixie,” I sighed. “I'm just saving you from a potential heartbreak in the future. It's better to end a blooming flower now than taking down a full-grown tree...” Wow, I admit, that was deep.

Silence reigned. I sighed.

“I'm a human. Please Vixie, remember that.”

She said nothing. She just stared on the ground.

I sighed and stood on all four paws. There, I said it. I turned and started walking away. It's better to leave her alone to think things through. Now, to concentrate on going back home...

If I recall correctly...

I stopped as my heart suddenly felt too freaking heavy. It was heavy, and painful. I sighed and slowly turned my head over my shoulder. There was no sound, but I saw her movements. She was sobbing quietly.

I wanted to comfort her... B-but that would be awkward, wouldn't it?

“I'll take care of it,” Saur's soft voice said.

I turned in time to see him walking pass me with an unreadable expression.

“Go inside and stop Fay.” His voice was calm, but it felt so commanding.

“Sorry...” I whispered. No idea it reached his retreating form.

I sighed and slowly walked towards the front door of Oak's house. The door was opened slightly, so I poked my head inside and pushed it wide enough for me to enter. Instantly, Shock turned to me from the sofa and gave me an arched eyebrow.

“ and Vixie, huh?”

Fay suddenly jumped beside him, giving me a wide toothy grin. Chikorita smiled at me, and Krystal just gave me a blank look.

It took them all a second or two to notice my frown.

“I...take it that things didn't go too well?” the Chikorita finally said, breaking the silence.

Shock jumped down and started walking towards me with a threatening glare. “If you hurt her, I swear to Cresselia's moon, you'll be so—”

“Could you shut up?” I spat, and Shock stopped in surprise as I fixed him a glare. “It was freaking hard to dump her, okay?! It hurt! And I have no idea why!”

“Then why have you—”

“I'm human!” I snarled at him. “She's a Pokémon! And I am a human! It will never work!” I grit my teeth and walked pass him. I continued walking pass the sofa.

“S-sorry...” Krystal said, but I didn't mind her, or anyone, as I turned to a corner and started climbing up the stairs. “H-hey!” she called as I heard her paws landing softly on the carpet. “Wait!”

“Leave me alone,” I continued my climb. “I want to be alone for a while.”

I heard her started climbing after me. “No! I'm not going to lose someone again!”

I blinked as I reached the last flight of stairs and turned to her with a puzzled look. “W-what?”

Her ears drooped as she stopped climbing. “M-my brother died from a broken heart...” She closed her eyes and shook her head. “L-long story, but please!”

Despite everything, I deadpanned. “Sorry, but I'm not suicidal.” I turned. “But sorry about your brother...”

“J-just promise me you'll be okay...”

“Why do you care?” I turned to her and gave her a painful smile. “Earlier today, you wouldn't even care if a meteorite fell on me.”

She glared at me. “Fine. Go and lock yourself in a room for all I care!”

I sighed as she carefully started climbing back down. I lost my sense of direction, so I randomly picked a room and pushed open the door. I suddenly found myself in a small room. The Ledyba from earlier was peacefully napping on a bed.

I quietly walked through the room and went out of the small balcony. Big mistake. I saw the tree...the gate...and my four friends...

I quietly lied on my belly as I stared at them who were trying to comfort her. Chikorita and Krys suddenly appeared from the edge of the balcony and were slowly walking towards my friends.

I quietly sighed. What's wrong with me? I thought that I'm not into furries...that I'm not into Pokémon. I had a few dates before, and lots of breakups... Why is this one so freaking different, and painful? it because that this is the first time that a girl was the one who made the first move? Mmmaybe, but that sounded kinda shallow... it because I've been wanting to love someone, but never actually lucky enough until now? Gah, now that just sounded stupid...

...or is it because...she was the first girl who I felt was so true and sincere about her feelings...for me...

B-but...she's a Pokémon... Yeah, sure, I'm a Pokémon right now but, what if I'll finally be able to return home as a human being again?

I know it's sad, and I know it freaking hurts, but I also know that I did the right thing. It's useless to make her feelings bloom. And I also need to stop worrying about her. She's just a Pokémon. She's just a Pokémon... that I think about's kinda surprising that she didn't beat me up to a pulp... I mean, she can do that to me if she wanted to...b-but... I just noticed that Vixie was staring at me. I blinked to clear my blurry vision, and finally noticed her eyes. She had very determined eyes. She had a very determined frown. And after she knew I was now staring at her, she gave me a very determined smile.

...she's giving me a determined and a very persistent smile.

...suddenly, jumping off this balcony sounds like a very very wonderful idea...

FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)