Thread: [Pokémon] Four Paws [Rated T]
View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2013, 12:24 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Chapter 46
Bill parked the truck outside Viridian Forest, a few kilometers away from where trainers usually enter or exit the said forest.

In the games, there was a building that separated the forest from the route. At least in the first gen. and the remakes of the first gen. games.

Anyway, yeah, we were up on a hill-like parts just outside the lines of trees. Oak sent out an Abra and helped him set up some research camp thingy, while Bill was making some final adjustments with the collar translator thing with Krystal.

Shock was quietly staring at Viridian Forest though.

“Hey,” I said as I sat beside him, Vixie following behind.

Shock's ears drooped as he sighed. “What do you want?”

I arched an eyebrow. “Stingy much?”

Vixie chuckled. “He's like that when we disturb his moments of deep thought.”

Eh, well, I'm like that, at work most of the time. It's kinda irritating to be disturbed if we're concentrating and having a lot on our minds, trying to solve a stupid problem on a broken webpage.

Aaannnyyywwwaaayyy...

“Sorry,” I whispered to Shock.

He sighed again and rubbed both his cheeks. “Nah, forget it.” He then took a breath as he turned to us. “So, we're ready to go?”

“Hm...”

I turned back and saw Bill was busy with his laptop while Krystal sat on the table a few inches in front of the laptop. Bill said something, and Krystal appeared to be talking. I faintly heard English words coming out from the laptop though, and I think that was a video player, currently showing Bill's face, slightly covered by his laptop. The collar has a built-in camera now?

I turned back to Shock and slightly shook my head. “Nope.”

Shock frowned, then turned to Vixie. “So, how are things between you two?”

I shrugged as Vixie replied. “Boring.”

Ouch. I glared at her. “Well, excuse me if I want to take things slow.”

Vixie sighed. “Human ways of mating is slow and boring.”

Mating also means...

Shock just chuckled. “What? You're giving up already? Quite unfair on my part, don't you think?”

Vixie just rolled her eyes and then turned to me. “Why am I falling for complicated males...”

I shrugged. “You could have just accepted Lithe's o...”

I swear, Shock's and Vixie's glares almost vaporized my soul...

I gulped... “...eh...heheh... S-sorry?”

Our ears twitched as a loud clap was heard in the air. We turned and saw Bill addressing to us.

“Jay,” he said. Or, he was just addressing to me. “Come here for a sec.”

I gladly ran towards him, but I felt humiliated as he suddenly and easily carried me on the table. I gave him a glare, but he didn't notice as he busied himself again with the collar.

Krys snickered. “You'll get used to it.”

I sighed. “I sure hope not. It felt like seventy-five percent of my adultness just went down the drain...”

“Well, does that mean I'm the older sibling now?”

“Don't get your hopes up, sister.” We're not even related by blood to begin with.

“There,” Bill suddenly said and put the collar on my neck. “In case the other one glitches up or something.”

I blinked. Eh? I turned to Krys, and yeah, there's a black collar around her neck. I tried to loosen my collar a bit though.

“It's kinda tight...” I said.

Bill heard what I said from his laptop and made the collar a bit more comfortable. “Sorry about that,” he said. He then took a small black circle and inserted it inside my ear.

“An earphone?” I asked.

“Wireless,” Bill said with a proud smile as he lets me go. “That way, we can stay in touch with each other.”

I stared at him. “Won't these be more suitable for legendaries?”

He frowned as he shook his head.

“A fine question, lad,” Oak's voice was heard from the tent. “Unfortunately, the legendaries seem to be quite busy to stop and talk with us humans.”

“So we're using whatever we can get to gather information if the legendaries aren't going to help or cooperate,” Bill said.

“So...” I pointed at myself. “We're your data collectors now?” He frowned as I shook my head. “I didn't sign up for this.” I glared at him. “I don't really care what you guys agreed from that meeting, but my only goal is to go back home.”

“Uh huh,” Bill nodded. “How are you going to do that?”

“By...”

...Palkia?

Bill nodded with a soft smile. “Exactly. There might be a chance that what caused your arrival is linked to what disables Pokémon from evolving.”

I still find it hard to believe how accepting Bill and Oak was to me and my claims of being a human. I guess Krystal has done quite a lot of convincing before I arrived.

Also, linked? Hm... In Krystal's case, since she was here for two months now, I think. And it's been two months since the devolution process... Her being here might be linked, but me? No idea...

I sighed and adjusted the earphone on my ear. “Fine, fine. Just make sure not to blast me with your voice.”

Krys nodded. “Oh yeah, mine as well.” She suddenly became conscious of her ear. “I don't like loud noises.”

“Eh,” I shrugged. “It's you who'll be making loud noises when the time comes.”

Both of them blushed as I chuckled. Kinda weird that I'm making green jokes, while I don't want to hear green stuff from Fay. Eh, I guess I'm weird like that. Oh well.

While Bill made some adjustments with his laptop, Krystal fixed me a glare, but her blushing cheeks lightened her glare's weight.

“I hate you,” she hisses.

“Testing, testing,” Bill said through a thin microphone. He was looking at us, and Krystal and I just nodded at him.

“Yeah,” I said. “Volume's okay. Anything else?”

“Yeah,” Bill nodded. “Be careful.”

I rolled my eyes and jumped down from the table. “It's Viridian Forest. What's the worse it could throw at us?”

“Beedrills live there,” Bill replied as he sets Krystal down beside me. “They're quite dangerous, especially if they'll swarm.”

I nodded. “Yeah, thanks for the heads up about a devolved swarm of Beedrills.” I lamely stared at his sheepish smile. “Seriously, give us something here.”

“Other than the Pidgeots and the Beedrills,” Shock said as he and the others approached us. “There's nothing else to worry in the forest.”

Saur nodded. “But since they ‘devolved’, they're not much of a threat, if we keep a cool head and work together.”

I blinked. I turned to Krystal. She blinked at me. I nervously smiled at her. “Working together?”

Her eye twitched. “With you? No way!”

“Ah...young love,” Lais sighed, who was on the table, staring dreamily at the sky.

“Why do I feel like you've already said that same line before?” I glared at her. She ignored me though.

“Anyway,” Bill said. “Professor Oak and I will be out here, monitoring your progress. If trouble comes up, and you couldn't handle it, let me know and we'll send our Abras to fetch you.”

I blinked at him. “You have an Abra?”

“What's an Abra?” Fay asked.

Bill nodded. “Your collars have special stones that our Abras can detect. But they can only teleport you back one at the time, since,” he frowned, “they're Abras. They're not as strong as they used to be when they were Alakazams.”

“I still hate how lazy their names were made,” Krystal frowned. “Abra, Kadabra, and then Alakazam? Talk about childish cartoon magic.”

“Oi,” I said, a bit offended. “Old cartoons back in the days were the best. The new Tom and Jerry show felt so boring and...bleah. It didn't have the old Tom and Jerry feel to it.”

She frowned at me. “Because it's for the new generation of kids. Not for old pedos like you.”

My eye twitched. “You teenagers are really...you know what? We've derailed the discussion.”

“Indeed you have,” the Chikorita nodded with a sigh as Fay chuckled.

Bill blinked. “Oookay... You guys need to focus though. Now, just a small recap of what we've talked about before. The gathering of Pokémon held in Viridian Forest—”

I heard Shock mumbled something, but I failed to catch what it was.

“—might have some info that we need. Of course, it probably ended but, there's a chance that Pokémon living in the forest might know what it was about.”

“Go inside,” I said. “Ask about the gathering. Survive. Sounds simple enough.”

Bill frowned. “It's not really that simple. You should—”

“You worry too much,” I glared at him. I then turned to my friends. A question suddenly popped in my head, about Bill not joining us, but eh, he and Oak might scare the Pokémon away... “Let's get this over with. Who knows,” I shrugged and turned to Shock with a sly smile. “We might find Shock a mate there.”

Shock glared at me, but his ears drooped. “Funny. Hahah...”

I tilted my head to the side. “Shock. Something wrong?”

He shook his head and turned, and marched towards the forest. “Just like what you said: let's get this over with.”

I blinked and turned to the others. Even Krystal, Chikorita and Surskit arched an eyebrow at the retreating Pikachu.

I turned to Vixie. “Is there something I should know about?”

Vixie just gave me a confused blink. “If you're talking about Shock, then no,” she shook her head. “No clue...”

I turned to Saur. “Saur?”

Saur just shrugged. “He'll tell you when he wants to.”

I deadpanned. “I hate you too, by the way.”