View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2014 (10:06 AM).
backyard swagger
CS

Nature: Brave
Oh goodness, I transferred a lot when I was younger.

I stayed in the same elementary school till I was in the 5th grade (Ontario, CA). My dad got a new job, so we had to move about 15 miles away (San Bernardino, CA). The transition from that school to the newer school was not what I was expecting because instead of making new friends I started making enemies.

Then I started middle school in the 6th grade within the same city. I still had the same bullies. So I begged my mom to transfer again to another middle school in the area, and she finally did for 7th grade. That was a lot better than I expected. I was away from the horror that middle school had, and began to rebuild my reputation in that school. I became part of the yearbook staff, got above a 3.0 GPA, and was selected to become part of the High School band.

Of course that never happened when I started high school. All the drama started to dawn on me. I met a guy who is now my ex-boyfriend, my counselor gave me math remedial classes instead of band, and started to hang out with the wrong crowds. In 10th grade when my grandma was borderline dying of a heart attack and my parents separating, my mom immediately took me out of that school, and we both moved inside an apartment in Mexico. Where I finished the rest of 10th grade and first semester of 11th grade in a spanish speaking school. That transition was the worst of my life. Even though I knew Spanish, it was hard for me to comprehend what I was actually learning. Chemistry, one of the classes I had, was the hardest. It was Winter of 2007 when my parents went back together, and moved back to the US, but we were to stay near Mexico, the current town I'm in right now.

tl;dr, the best transition was from 6th grade to 7th grade when I switched schools that time. Those formed the best middle school years of my life and reliving them would make me feel a bit nostalgic. :3