View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2014 (11:55 PM).
Lunarose
replaced by lies

Nature: Modest
It's pretty tough transferring schools I gotta say. I first transferred to a private school in 5th grade, went great and sadly we moved and I went back to public. 6th-8th was pretty bleh (except 8th, which was okay) but I stayed in one middle school the entire time.
Then came high school. I'd always wanted to transfer to the other school nearby since most of my closest friends went, and it wasn't that far anyway. I never really liked the school, but it kind of grew on me. Being there for almost 3 years and then having to move half of my junior year sucked. I thought I wouldn't miss it, but looking back I do. When I transferred to my 2nd high school, I really couldn't click with people there for some reason. I was just pretty much left with acquaintances and it was overall not so great. Moved again this year, my senior year and it's been amazing. I wish I could have taken back those months at the other school, it felt like such a waste of time.
It's taught me a lot actually, meeting so many people. You realize that friends come and go and you learn to appreciate those that have stayed with you all these years. I was never a judgmental person because of this, I kind of learned to just accept people for who they are.
My grades have always been pretty good, but the teachers really varied in each high school. You start seeing which teachers actually know how to teach well and which couldn't care less. It's been an interesting experience overall. Just a few more months and I'm off to college ~