View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2014 (05:57 PM). Edited March 25th, 2014 by Tek.
Tek
The Tiny Bird Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I've got a bit of a good news, bad news update. The bad: I don't have a GBC or Silver version anymore, so I have to drop my Medieval challenge. The good news is that I'm ready to challenge the E4 in my Jurassic Jam challenge. Here's the update:

Spoiler:

BELLAHBUZZ wrecked Sabrina and her gym members. BELLAHBUZZ took a Psybeam from Sabrina's Venomoth and a Future Sight from Alakazam, and still had almost half of her health left. I'm really proud of my bugs.

I surfed to the Seafoam Islands to do some training and gather items. After that I took Diglett's tunnel to Viridian City (nobody knows Fly yet). I started surfing towards Cinnabar but realized I forgot to get the Old Amber, so I turned around and went to Pewter City.

Upon arriving in Cinnabar, I gave my Helix Fossil to the weird scientist and started wandering around the burned mansion. When I stepped out to heal, I went to grab my Omanyte. I soft reset about twenty times before I got one I liked, and named her Ohleveeyah. Was hopin for a male to name Oregon, but oh well. I then gave the scientist the Old Amber and finished exploring the burned mansion. I retrieved my Aerodactyl and named him Alan. No soft resets this time since Alan is just going to be an HM buddy.

Before entering the Cinnabar Gym, I boxed Thrashella so that I could have both Alan and Ohleveeyah in my party. I plan on going to the islands with Bill after the gym (where the PC system will be unavailable), so I want to be ready to rock.

I battled all the trainers I could at the Sevii Islands, and then paid a visit to the Viridian City Gym. Ohleveeyah and Tidus cleared the path to Giovanni with Surf. During the badge battle, Ohleveeyah, at level 38, took down two Rhyhorn (levels 47 and 50), as well as a Dugtrio, using a single Surf attack for each. Stunner took down the Nidos.

I pretty well wiped the floor with Rival Kite's team, with the exception of his Blastoise, which actually put up a fight before going down. Then came Victory Road, about which I need only say 'ugh'.

And so it was that I began my final preparations for the Elite 4. I grinded Tidus two levels to Lv 51, and used five of my six Rare Candies so that he would learn Outrage. The last Rare Candy is an insurance policy - if I get stuck during the E4 challenge, I can use it to evolve Tidus, boosting his stats to an enormous degree. I replaced Tidus' Thunder Wave with Thunder, and replaced his Slam with Double-Edge. I used the move deleter to have both Tidus and Ohleveeyah forget Surf. I then used my only two Ultra Balls to catch a pair of Paras. I took the Tinymushrooms to the Move Relearner, who taught Ohleveeyah Bite. I then taught Ohleveeyah Blizzard, Double Team, and Toxic via TM. I taught Charizard Focus Punch via TM, and the crazy lady in the Sevii Islands taught him Blast Burn. Finally, the sleepy guy taught Stunner Dream Eater. I've purchased my 10 Revives and Full Restores, and I feel ready!

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Bellahbuzz the Beedrill
Jolly Female Lv 48
Aerial Ace/Twineedle/Focus Energy/Cut

Stunner the Butterfree
Timid Male Lv 47
Dream Eater/Sleep Powder/Supersonic/Flash

Tyrant the Shiny Charizard
Adamant Male Lv 52
Flamethrower/Focus Punch/Blast Burn/Smokescreen

Tidus the Dragonair
Quiet Male Lv 56
Double-Edge/Outrage/Thunder/-

Ohleveeyah the Omastar
Sassy Female Lv 43
Bite/Blizzard/Double Team/Toxic

Alan the Aerodactyl
Rash Male Lv 5
Wing Attack/Fly/Strength/Rock Smash

EDIT: attempted to beat E4 just for grins, accidentally won.

Final update:
Spoiler:

Stopped to grab my healing items from the PC. Would've been sorry without those!

Lorelei's battle is the one I was most worried about, and is the reason that Ohleveeyah was taught Double Team, Toxic, and Bite. I had to use all three of my hyper potions against her first Dewgong, but after that, the rest fell like dominoes.

Bruno's match was a little rocky, metaphorically and literally. Ohleveeyah took down the first Onix with a Blizzard. Tyrant downed a Hitmonchan but was KO'd by Machamp. Machamp also KO'd Bellahbuzz, and then Stunner cleaned up the rest.

Ohleveeyah basically solo'd against Agatha. I used my only x-accuracy against her first Gengar, since it likes to use Double Team. I also had to use a Full Restore on Ohleveeyah due to that Gengar's Toxic. Ohleveeyah froze Agatha's Golbat with a Blizzard, and took down the rest of the ghosts with Bite. The second Gengar forced me to use three chesto berries, an awakening, and a full heal with its stupid Hypnosis that was way more accurate than it should have been. Stunner took down the Arbok, and Agatha was beaten.

I forgot to teach Tyrant the Dragon Claw TM, but it didn't matter; Lance went down much easier than expected. His first Dragonair did manage to KO both Ohleveeyah and Stunner, forcing me to use two of my three max revives. I was some kind of lucky, though: I used Thunder twice and Blizzard about five times and none of those missed! I decided to teach Tidus Rain Dance before moving on.

The final battle was a bit of a doozy due to all the full restores my rival used as well as the fact that nobody knew a water type move to use against Rhydon >.< but after many revives, full restores, Sleep Powders and Flashes, I prevailed. Rain Dance was also helpful in reducing the damage his Arcanine dished out.

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Bellahbuzz the Beedrill
Jolly Female Lv 48
Aerial Ace/Twineedle/Focus Energy/Cut

Stunner the Butterfree
Timid Male Lv 48
Dream Eater/Sleep Powder/Supersonic/Flash

Tyrant the Shiny Charizard
Adamant Male Lv 53
Flamethrower/Focus Punch/Blast Burn/Smokescreen

Tidus the Dragonair
Quiet Male Lv 56
Double-Edge/Outrage/Thunder/Rain Dance

Alan the Aerodactyl
Rash Male Lv 5
Wing Attack/Fly/Strength/Rock Smash

Ohleveeyah the Omastar
Sassy Female Lv 47
Bite/Blizzard/Double Team/Toxic

Closing Remarks:
I really enjoyed this challenge. I've used a Butterfree before, but I've never kept it to the end, and never bothered with Beedrill at all. I'll probably take another Time Warp journey eventually, but I'm going to avoid the ones where you can't use Pokemarts. It makes perfect sense why they were unavailable, and I did volunteer for the restriction, but it just took way more time than I would've liked with the constant running back to the Poke center (this was a 60-hour challenge).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (493.8 KB, 18 views) (Save to Dropbox)
#177 Natu
Supporter Collab January 2015