• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most forgettable location in Unova?

kij

the kij
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
So right now I'm replaying Pokémon White 2 as a Randomizer Nuzlocke, last time I played these games was in the holy month of Ramadan (it happened in June-July but I played on July).

Anyway let's not get off-topic here,
So what's the most forgettable location in Unova in your opinion?
Since it has been a while since I played BW2, I forgot a few locations existed which are:
Liberty Garden, Village Garden, Routes 13 and 14, Moor of Iccirus, PWT laboratory and the route before it.

So what are the most forgettable places in your opinion?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Honestly it's always going to be Anville Town. It was an optional extra location you could visit and you're not taken there for any real purpose. Many people probably don't even know it exists because they never bothered with the Subway. It's disappointing how it wasn't really developed but out of all the areas in the game most other places are easily reachable and are memorable, even in a small way.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Honestly it's always going to be Anville Town. It was an optional extra location you could visit and you're not taken there for any real purpose. Many people probably don't even know it exists because they never bothered with the Subway. It's disappointing how it wasn't really developed but out of all the areas in the game most other places are easily reachable and are memorable, even in a small way.

Same here. It feels like they just needed filler for the battle subway.

Years
Definitely Anville Town, it seems like a cool secret place but when you get there you realise it's really boring. Accumula Town comes in very close second, it's just a typical town and apart from Team Plasma protesting there, it has nothing memorable.

Years
Like Nica said, Anville Town. There's literally no reason to visit it during the story and you only get there by using the Battle Subway trains. When I think of Unova these days it's the one location that I can't seem to think of.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
All that's really in anville town is a few items/npcs they could have stuffed somewhere else. (Castelia city could use more real NPCs IMO)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I'm gonna disagree with everyone and say Anville Town is really peaceful, and has beautiful music, so I always remember it. It's one of my favorite places to go when I just want to sit around and relax in-game (I even went ahead and saved my game there before the release of XY so I would always be there).

I want to say Liberty Garden is kinda forgettable since it's an event-only location, but even then the room inside with the toys makes it stick out to me (maybe it draws parallels to N's room?).

Maybe Castelia Park because it's really out-of-the-way, difficult to reach, and not a required place to visit? But then because of these things it becomes... memorable in a way?

These questions are always hard for me to answer... I guess I'll go with the P2 Laboratory in BW, since it didn't serve much of a purpose until Genesect's inclusion and the events of B2W2.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm gonna disagree with everyone and say Anville Town is really peaceful, and has beautiful music, so I always remember it. It's one of my favorite places to go when I just want to sit around and relax in-game (I even went ahead and saved my game there before the release of XY so I would always be there).

I want to say Liberty Garden is kinda forgettable since it's an event-only location, but even then the room inside with the toys makes it stick out to me (maybe it draws parallels to N's room?).

Maybe Castelia Park because it's really out-of-the-way, difficult to reach, and not a required place to visit? But then because of these things it becomes... memorable in a way?

These questions are always hard for me to answer... I guess I'll go with the P2 Laboratory in BW, since it didn't serve much of a purpose until Genesect's inclusion and the events of B2W2.

Yeah but there's nothing really to do. It's nice and all but... There's much more peaceful locations in Unova imo (Village Bridge comes to mind).

Castelia Park is an excellent example of a forgettable and wasted space. A park is not 15 squares of grass. Like come on, compare that to National Park in Johto and it really is put to shame. Yeah you can get Eevee but it's not worth the travel. :(

All that's really in anville town is a few items/npcs they could have stuffed somewhere else. (Castelia city could use more real NPCs IMO)

I think what they lacked with it is that you're just looking at trains. If you had to find the items and an NPC took you through an abandoned train, well, that would have been pretty awesome. Kinda like in the anime, but just in that town.

The thing that sucks is unlike all the other cities it's pretty much one of the best cloud named locations (I was a huge cloud nerd before Unova). The anvil is the best part. The cloud it's in is like the best ever. It's like the superhero cloud... And unfortunately it's a dead end on this game.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Yeah but there's nothing really to do. It's nice and all but... There's much more peaceful locations in Unova imo (Village Bridge comes to mind).

Castelia Park is an excellent example of a forgettable and wasted space. A park is not 15 squares of grass. Like come on, compare that to National Park in Johto and it really is put to shame. Yeah you can get Eevee but it's not worth the travel. :(

I think what they lacked with it is that you're just looking at trains. If you had to find the items and an NPC took you through an abandoned train, well, that would have been pretty awesome. Kinda like in the anime, but just in that town.

The thing that sucks is unlike all the other cities it's pretty much one of the best cloud named locations (I was a huge cloud nerd before Unova). The anvil is the best part. The cloud it's in is like the best ever. It's like the superhero cloud... And unfortunately it's a dead end on this game.
I agree with Castelia park. It's a tiny park with few people in the middle of a sewer most people don't even bother exploring :p

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Village Bridge is actually one of my most favorite places in all of Unova! But I think Anville Town has a cute charm to it; I like hearing about the different trains (especially the "invisible train") and although I didn't do it much, you can trade Items with the people there on the weekend. It's not the most exciting place by any means but I did enjoy it to the point where it is memorable to me (although admittedly not the most memorable).

There was definitely a lot that could have been done with Castelia Park. I guess it's kinda sad in a way... That park is supposedly the center and basis for all of Castelia and it's become so overlooked... Maybe there's a moral in here somewhere...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's kinda the thing with Anville Town, though. You hear but you don't experience. A lot of other places in Unova are really interactive (like you can ride a ferris wheel even) whereas in Anville nothing exactly... Happens. You just hear about it happening yknow.

Years
I agree with Castelia park. It's a tiny park with few people in the middle of a sewer most people don't even bother exploring :p

I can understand your point there. The only reason I even remembered Castelia Park is due to wild Eevee being found there.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Obviously ANVILLE TOWN. It just...exists there for some reason. You can't fly there, it doesn't connect anywhere except Nimbasa City, and...it just seems pointless.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I suppose the thing with the "most forgettable location" is that if it's so forgettable you might not remember what it is and so you might not even be able to answer.

yet somehow I remember Unity Tower and would call that one of Unova's most forgettable places lol

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
Years
Unova has some pretty forgettable places. Anville Town is everybody's opinion, but i'll go ahead and say that the Challenger's Cave is the one for me. It's practically useless. The only reminder i have is that you can get Stone Edge in there. It's even blocked off in BW2, and only acessible after beating the game in BW.

Such stuff as the P2 Laboratory was also pretty forgettable.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That location actually irritates me. Why the secrecy? Why not have Mewtwo there? Like to have basically nothing there was one of the biggest letdowns of the games (and also why I forget it exists lol)

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
Honestly , if there was some extremely forgettable location , how was I supposed to remember it :p (lol)
Anyways , I gotta agree with forever as Anville is my least memorable location .
I always wanted to visit the train at the bottom of anville though :p

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Anville is certainly up there, but I also tend to forget the places in BW2. I know the looks for most of them, but the names usually slip my mind.

Unova was a big region with a lot of neat places, so it can be hard to remember them all.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Honestly anything postgame for me. While there were interesting and beautiful locations, I just... didn't spend any time there. Also route 17/18 like. Why would I go there, really?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I'd say the cave in between Striaton and Nacrene where we battled Team Plasma for the first (second?) time. All I remember is that and that that was where i got my roggenrola, other than that I can't remember anything else about it, like its name. I never again went back there after the first time.

Back