• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are you playing B2W2 on 3DS?

You play B2W2 on...

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 112 63.3%
  • Both

Votes: 27 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Yes. My parents got me a 3DS last year for Christmas because my DS Lite is slowly breaking. I have played all of my games on it since I got it.

Years
I played the first few months of my Black 2 on a DS Lite but later got my 3DS for Christmas 2012, so that's when I switched over! Thank goodness you can play DS games on DS mode since playing on regular 3DS mode makes the screen stretchy.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Thank goodness you can play DS games on DS mode since playing on regular 3DS mode makes the screen stretchy.

But you need to use a microscope to see the screen as they get letterboxed and cover about half the already rather small-ish screen.

I played on my launch day 3DS, and it worked pretty well, although by the time I got the title the console was already rather overused.

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
I use my DSi (XL :pink_tongue:) because the DS games look awful on the 3DS. True, you can use the analog stick to move around easier, but it's really the quality of the games and the ability to read the words that matters :pink_smile:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I'm playing White 2 on my 3DS mainly because of the Dream Radar and because I got rid of my DS after getting my 3DS.

He pretty much got me right there

And I've compared the graphics and they look fine to me on the 3DS XL, but what evers

Last edited:
Years
My primary system is my 3DS... as it was my first DS. I started playing at Gen V, and about a few years ago. Since then, I have worked backwards in acquiring other DS systems, as it is now my favorite gaming platform!

I also have a DSi XL, DS Lite, had a DSi but sold it on ebay... which I regret! If I had to choose a favorite, the DSi regular would be my favorite ergonomics and feature wise.

I often use my xl and lite for secondary playthroughs of Pokemon. So far I've made it through W1, B2, B1 next up W2!!

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
I played on the 3DS until I found out about X and Y. Since I'm kind of a goofy guy, I don't want to run the risk of breaking my 3DS on the sidewalk(...again) before october even comes, so I went back to playing on my lite to be on the safe side.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 23, 2013
I thought I was the only one that did this.... O_o I guess not!
I play it on my 3dsXL because I think it makes it a beautiful game. It just doesn't look the same on my big DS what with it being super distorted and all.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
I play Black 2 on my 3DS XL.

Just an FYI for those that may not know:

You can play DS games on your 3DS and 3DS XL in their original resolution by simultaneously holding "start" and "select" and starting your DS game. This is done via the home screen.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I play Black 2 on my 3DS XL.

Just an FYI for those that may not know:

You can play DS games on your 3DS and 3DS XL in their original resolution by simultaneously holding "start" and "select" and starting your DS game. This is done via the home screen.

This just blew my mind, the graphics, so pretty...but so so tiny...

Years
I've played White 2 on a 3DS, but I plan on playing Black 2 on my DS Lite because of the fact that I am more comfortable on a DS Lite playing this game.

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
I'm playing on the 3DS because it's all I have
But in all fairness, it's like the GBA quality on a DS. Looks good, but it's not the same.

When I get Dream Radar, that'll be my reason.
I didn't notice any difference between GBA and DS when I played my pokemon leaf green. If anything it looked the same/better.

Problem with 3DS is that it doesn't scale up the resolution of the games, so it basically stretches everything.

To answer the question: I'm playing on my NDS lite. Playing regular DS games on 3DS XL is terrible :/

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I use both my DS Lite and my 3DS. It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm playing normally I use the 3DS, but if I need to RNG or something I use my DS Lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back