• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maps Loop

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I really have no idea what is causing this one. I am using Pokémon Essentials V.7 and this problem recently occurred. I have edited various menu scripts but the only map script I've worked with is the camera, which I have reverted back to test and still had this problem.

aOQqZ.jpg

Anyone know what's going on!?!?

EDIT: When maps are connected, walking a random distance in any direction will cause the connected map to suddenly overlap the current, but the Player will still be walking as if on the covered map. Walking back to a spot where this did not occur makes it go away, until you walk back.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
You appear to have connected a map to itself. Connected maps load themselves while you're within a certain distance of them (I don't know what that distance is), and with small maps you're bound to have problems with maps trying to load each other because of the player's position.

If you didn't want to connect New Bark Town to itself, delete the map connections and try again. If you do want to connect a map to itself, use a bigger map.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
You appear to have connected a map to itself. Connected maps load themselves while you're within a certain distance of them (I don't know what that distance is), and with small maps you're bound to have problems with maps trying to load each other because of the player's position.

If you didn't want to connect New Bark Town to itself, delete the map connections and try again. If you do want to connect a map to itself, use a bigger map.

This appears to be occurring even with no connections set. I'll try tinkering with it some more just in case.

Maruno

Years
When you say there are "no connections set", did you assume this by looking at the Visual Editor or by looking in connections.txt? Because you should do the latter.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Bumping this, even with connections cleared in the .txt file, maps are still looping. Connecting them makes it even worse, because they overlap each other when you start walking.

Maruno

Years
Sorry, I can't think of any reason other than map connections for why this might be happening. Check the map's metadata, just in case there's something weird there. Failing that, delete the map and start again.

Back