• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Battle #1 - Create a Fakemon! [Voting]

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years

Devils Never Cry, eh?

Well, they will when they see these epic fakemon entries.

Before I say anything, lemme make this clear - anybody can vote. Though it is mandatory for the participants to do so or they will face disqualification.

Alright, so this is it, guys. Imma post all entries here now. There ain't gonna be a poll. You guys will have to vote for the entry you like the most by posting in this thread. Your post will have to contain basic information as to why you picked a certain work over the other and any additional information you'd like to state. Try and be a little detailed with the reasoning, kay? :p

Details of the work will probably be enclosed in title tags. So hover over them to see the information, mmkay? And yes, I made miniature versions of the pics so I don't have to use spoiler tags in here (they're ugly imo). Click on them to view them in all their glory! List of participants as well as the rules can be read here. Oh, and if I missed something, PM me about it. Any changes in the description or anything of the sort, I mean. Do not post here or VM me.

« Entries »

Best of luck!

Excellent entries, guys. You all make me proud. <3;
Anyway, without further ado, let the voting commence!
Present for anyone who manages to know about the reference in the title, btw. :p

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I pick the Haxourous Turtle thing. That thing looks bloody awesome. If I'd say it has a flaw it's probably that it reminds me too much of Torterra (looks like a grass/ground type, kinda the same body shape going on, ect.). Still cool though.

The others don't really appeal to me so...

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
I have to go with the untitled plant-stegosaurus, it looks as if it could be the official artwork for a new pokemon. The line work and the shading on it look excellent. Coming in close second for me would be Mikka. I like the style it was drawn in and flavor text was a nice touch.

Also the title is referencing Devil May Cry right?

Last edited:

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Voting for the tricerotops.

Sorry for that I forgot to give critic's.

The style looks veery much like sugimori, not only that but Whoever made it Managed to keep tthe outline smooth neatt and clean. Also for my love of dinosaurs :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
^^It's a secret to everyone.

I vote for Mikka. I do like the art style and its absurdly cute. It kinda makes me think of a Pikmin.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Mostly everything either looks like the artist didn't have a really solid idea about what they were trying to convey in there designs, or they went full Michelangelo and designed theirs too complicated.

In all honesty the triceratops would have won my vote in an art contest, but since to me this was geared more on designing a fakemon, my vote goes to the ostrich, which has a pretty decent design.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My vote goes to the fireworks dragon!

There's a certain amount of cohesion in the theme that I really like. Plus, you know, dragons.. fireworks... does it get better? n_n; I'm surprised this concept was never used for a real pokemon, tbh.

Close second is the koopa ostrich. I love it when artists have male / female / shiny / form variants in their fakemons. Shows mindfulness for the practice.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
I like the Triceratops one, he design is nice but it is a little busy. Definitely looks Sugimori style :3 so yeah my vote goes to that!

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Voting for the one which many have voted...

This one:
Spoiler:

I like concept. Colour good choice. Also it little cute. Tail awesome. Lineart excellent. Shading texture good very. Torterra remind me. ROCK-ON!

It's Devil May Cry, dude. WHERE'S MY PRESENT?

Years
1_zpsed067317.png

This one gets my vote! I enjoyed the color scheme as well as the concept and execution - great job.
On that note, great job everyone who participated.

Years
I'm going to have to go with:
7_zps0c6cdf5c.png

I love the design of it, it's really cool to look at! I also love how this ostrich kind of has a "come at me bro" face, it's hilarious. And the gender differences are just cool, adding the eggs to the top of the ostrich's head was an ingenious touch in my opinion.

derozio

Years
I was totally gonna jump on the bandwagon by going for the green torterra look-alike too. But, after giving it some thought, I actually think this one:

7_zps0c6cdf5c.png

takes the cake for me. The former is all kinds of badass and I really adore badass pokemon but this one feels like a legitimate pokemon to me. Something I can actually see in a game. Mostly due to its simplicity and the fact that its design is virtually perfect for a pokemon in my eyes. The extra touch in the difference between male and female ones was icing on the cake.

Alex's Mikka was a damn good one as well - loved the coloring and shading in it. But Corvidae's fakemon gets my vote for its simplistic yet authentic style.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
The triceratops, aka torterra coudon
The ostrich gets my vote.
I like the crown thing on the head, and I find the structure very good, also I love the concept ostrich +turetle = sheer awsomeness.

Last edited:

derozio

Years
Alright, less than 24 hours remaining, people! So I'll take this opportunity to let you guys know that not only will the winner of this contest get an emblem and his gallery stickied for at least 15 days, s/he will also be one step closer to obtaining another emblem. Yes, you heard that right. There's an emblem for users who win this contest multiple times. So yes, this contest isn't the end. You can all look forward to future contests - even the winners can! :]

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
And...my vote goes to:

Spoiler:

Mainly because I think it looks the most natural and has a good flow to it. I think the concept is a little overused, (I've seen it before), but the general style of the creature is something I quite like.

Maxresh

D-Little Dictator
Years
I will go with the 4th one(Green and dark Pink colour combo). Pretty impressive one and nice color combo :D

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
In my honest opinion the one that resembles a fakemon the most would have to be the fourth from the left (green dinosaur). The others seem to be lacking some sort of Pokemon identifying flare. This one seems to have some, but at the same time it looks overly complicated, but that may just be it's stance :P

I wish I saw this earlier, would have loved to enter xD

derozio

Years
Alright, time's up, guys. No more votes. I'll count them up and declare the winner in a while. :] Or alexial can come online and do it instead of me

derozio

Years
Alright, time for the result, people!

Winner(s):

1) WinterKirby - fakemon with no description or name. 10 votes. (disregarding aryan's because he didn't really post anything apart from 'he gets my vote')
2) Corvidae - Ostrich Kappa Monster. 4 votes.
3) Alexial357 & Inferna - with Mikka and Bangoomgon. 1 vote each.

Congratulations to the winners! Though I haven't really prepared anything for the second and third place respectively, it is still commendable that you guys managed to grab those spots. And you always have the next contest to look forward to, right? ;] WinterKirby gets his gallery stickied for the next fifteen days. Or till the next contest ends. Whichever comes first. :p And he gets a shiny new emblem too! Here's the emblem, by the way:

Art Battle Winner
EMBLEMARTBATTLE1_zps181b896f.png

You won A&D's Art Battle - Congratulations! Now all ya gotta do is prepare for round 2~

Round 2 because you still have the future contests to look forward to. If you manage to win more, you'll get a better emblem next time. :D Anyway, yeah, awesome contest, people. I hope it becomes even more successful the next time we do it. :]

Last edited:
Back