• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know it when you see one... SURVEYS!

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Hello people!

You know how it goes... you're browsing the magic of the interwebs, and you find a link that supposedly leads you to download a file you want. Or, you're signing up for some sweet money saving deals, and then... all of a sudden, a wild survey appears!

Thought I'd get a little discussion going about these. What's your opinion on them? Annoying? Fun? Helpful? When did you first encounter one? Was it what you were expecting? We all know that a survey merely serves a single purpose: to gather (mostly, but not always) non personally identifiable information that furthers research for a company. So again, what are your feelings about these?

Personally, the first survey I ever came across was when I was trying to sign up for a forum. It turned out that it was actually trying to help the admin find out things like where I heard of said forum, and what features I'd like to see in his/her forum. But over the years, I've found several annoying surveys that simply block download pages for files, and supposedly "unlock" when you complete an offer. Right... *exits webpage*

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I absolutely despise those things. Even when I complete a survey, the page doesn't redirect me back to the download page. >__>

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I don't trust those surveys. They look fun to take, but they're also annoying.

When I was younger, my dad took a survey on a computer to unlock a torrent. Turned out that said survey unlocked him a trojan that took weeks to get rid of.

Years
They're a nuisance, pretty much. And as Megan said above, some of these surveys can contain trojans. More of a reason for me to have an ad blocker so I don't see these types of popups at all, and give me a more enjoyable web-browsing experience.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Nope. I never do them, mostly for the reasons already stated above. Risky. And annoying haha.

Years
I never do them, even if millions of people said how the download worked and such, they could all be bots.

My dad did a survey for a chance to get 10 million € like 6-7 years ago. Guess who lost all the money despite me telling him not to do it?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I first came across an internet survey during the days when I actually used IMVU. I did surveys all the time in hopes of getting a few hundred more credits. So desperate. Now any time I see a survey I try my best to leave that site or x out of the survey and if I can't do that then I pick up my laptop, throw it on the ground a couple of times, stomp on it, punch it, try to x out again, and then if that fails I turn it off and play a video game because **** computers. :)

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
I never bothered with internet surveys. I tried to complete one on an old computer, and quickly learned that these are *always* scams

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'm not quite fond of the internet surveys, because from what I have heard usually, if they are using surveys, they are mostly scams. I remember when I was stumbled upon several sites where I can get something for 'free', and the site prompted surveys before I can get them. This is where I'm getting suspicious lol.

Radioactive

I'm a really good boy
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
True Story I made $660/hr doing surveys Only 30 minutes a day No Risk!! Click here for the secret to becoming a multi-millionare like I did but HURRY were only giving it away to the first 100 registrations!!!!!

Flakey Bear

Just watch it.
Years
Surveys, I never trust them. Most of the downloads that use them are scams. Poor people want to download something useful but them they know they're gonna pop out.

Back