• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

"Legendary Pokemon" vs "Legendaries"

What term do you use more?

• Legendary Pokemon

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Legendaries

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Bothe equally

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I have seen Legendary Pokemon referred to as either Legendary Pokemon, or Legendaries. I put the question to you:
What is your preferred terminology for these Pokemon? Do you use either of these more than the other? Or do you have yet another term for them?

Personally, I prefer Legendary Pokemon, as that is the way it is said in the games, and Legendaries is not actually a word. It doesn't bother me when people say Legendaries, it's just my preference.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I never really thought about it, but i think i use the term Legendaries way more often. I guess i got used to it, and it's shorter too ^^

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I use them interchangeably. I believe 'Legendary Pokemon' is the more formal term while 'legendaries' is an informal term often used by some lazy bone traders. :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I use them interchangeably. I believe 'Legendary Pokemon' is the more formal term while 'legendaries' is an informal term often used by some lazy bone traders. :P
Same here, pretty much. Although I have noticed I'll use "legendary Pokémon" more when talking about them in the anime or PokéSpe and "legendaries" more often anywhere else.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm going to move this to Pokemon General, since the terminology is synonymous with the anime, TCG, manga, you get it.

Anyway, I just say legendaries. It's the shorter of the two phrases sooo...!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I use both. I recognize that "Legendary Pokemon" is the proper way to say it but it sounds really formal and it's a bit of a mouthful to say aloud and takes a lot longer to type, too. So in casual conversation I'll say "Legendaries" for sure but if it's something a little more serious than that, I'll try to use the right terminology where I can. They're fairly interchangeable for me though.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i'd say legendaries too since it's much shorter but i sometimes use the other too when i talk more formal

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
Years
I still use the term 'Legendary Pokemon' to refer to these special pokemons.
But,I don't mind people using 'Legendaries' or any other term to describe them.

Years
I've always considered the two terms interchangeable, and I have no real prefence of one over the other. I do tend to say 'legendaries' more often, though, simply because it's quicker to type out.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
I use the word "Legendaries" more because now there are many Legendary Pokemon, so it just sounds more accurate to me. Haha.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I call them Legends. heh, not part of what you asked but it is still shortened for legendaries. Legendary seems like a mouthful to say so Legends shorten it.

Keldeoh

It's so Flaaffy!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2013
I've always referred to them as Legendary Pokemon since it sounds cooler to me. {XD} "Legendaries" is a short-form which I use only occasionally when I'm having a Pokemon conversation with my friends.

Back