• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword Art Online: Infinity Edition [OOC+SU][Rated: T]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Lol exactly how many of us are going to the fourth floor, it seems pretty funny since 5 are open

Haha true xD Well, we're going there because it has ore that Elise could use for a sword for Krissu, and... huh, maybe there could be some kind of crystal that Krissu needs to boil her potion with in order to give it the desired effects. Yeah, that's a plan!

Anyways, with everyone going to the fourth floor, it'll give us a chance to meet up and orientate us in the RP before we take on the real mission.

Khawill

<3
Years
Well my characters are going there to basically grind monsters for XP and Fester is mentally unstable so he would help for sure if you call it a "quest" (he has a video game version of Solipsism, where he thinks all players in the game are NPCs and he is in a single player game)

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Lol exactly how many of us are going to the fourth floor, it seems pretty funny since 5 are open

Everyone knows the 4th floor is where the party is at. ;)

I'll have Elise make it to the 5th floor and its main quest eventually... :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Rapp will be on the 5th floor helping out the guys fighting to clear the game by supplying equipment, for now at least :D I'll try and get the post up within the hour :3

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Dante will probs be chilling in the fifth dungeon killing monsters and searching for the boss room. Ill have it up sooner or later today.

Edit: would you like me to come save your behind ozzy?

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
Im sorry i haven't posted yet >.< PSAT's and other stuff. Hopefully will get one in later today

EDIT: I will be helping daniel with his golem problem when I get inside my house (locked out)

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hello, everyone. So, from what I read, there's still room for two or three more people.

Name: Jonathan E. Turner/Jet Stryker
Current Level: 13
Weapon: Daggers
Non-Combat Skills: Speed and Hiding

Appearance: Jonathan "Jet" Turner is not much of an exception to the stereotype of a skinny, game-playing geek. His black-gray hair is semi-short and unkempt. For a teenager boy, he is short and skinny, standing at about 5'3". Being an American, Jet has white skin with a hint of a tan, though he would more often get a sunburn in real life. His hazel eyes are close-set and light-sensitive in real life. Outside of virtual reality, Jet tended toward a wiry build with a knack for feats of jumping, running, hiding, etc. In Aincrad, he was able to build on this. If he isn't doing anything with his hands, then he usually taps seemingly random rhythms with his fingers.

Nowadays, Jet usually wears dark-colored long-sleeved shirts and pants, as well as a pair of brown leather fingerless gloves. He can always be seen wearing black leather boots, which add to his speed, and a pair of sunglasses, with a blue metal frame and dark glass lenses. Jet's current combat attire consists of a black long-sleeved shirt, a vest of fortified chainmail, and dark-gray leather pants; the shirt and pants add a small bonus to hiding. Jet also wears a black belt that holds his daggers and some belt pouches for carrying potions and other small objects. His two daggers have steel blades and silver hilts, decorated with black leather grips and etched deep-blue designs. The scabbards have similar silver-and-blue designs decorating the outside.

Personality: Jet is an inquisitive person with a knack for getting in and out of trouble. He often becomes friendly after a few minutes of conversation with another person, though some have found him too nosy. Jet sometimes slips and tries to dig too deep into another's past or business. He constantly wants to know more about some subject or situation that interests him, which often lands him in situations where danger is real or people don't appreciate his curiousity. Despite this, Jet keeps moving forward, learning what he can of social events and drama, exploring the depths and reaches of video games' dungeons, whatever interests him.

The flip side is that if someone he doesn't know well asks about his personal life, Jet will immediately clam up, often searching for a way out of the situation or conversation. This carried over to online games, including Sword Art Online. For all Aincrad purposes, he is Jet Stryker, dagger-warrior and explorer. Jet wouldn't mind being able to get out of this VR game, but chances are that he would eventually return to Aincrad if it ever became safe.

One of his passions is games. If it's an action/adventure game and seems even remotely interesting, Jet will give it a try if nothing in life is engaging at the time. If he still finds a game interesting after the first ten or so minutes, he will spend a lot of his gaming time completing all solo material in that game. Jet usually uses the same approach in online games, teaming up with other players to fight or explore. This curiousity serves him in finding out pretty much any relevant information, even if his game avatar delves too deep and is struck down by a mob of monsters.

Life before SAO: Jonathan Turner was born an only child to a mother and father in a town in the mountains of Arizona, USA. Tourists are often surprised to learn that Arizona isn't all desert and has mountains that actually get snow in winter. The town was a small community where any one person is likely to know most everyone else in his or her age group. Jonathan's parents weren't terribly rich, but they did spoil him a little, at least when it came to video games. Jonathan's curiousity scared away some of those in his age group and attracted others who lived in a similar fashion. Jonathan and his friends often spent their time playing video games together when they weren't exploring or playing in the nearby mountains, hills, and caves. Jonathan wasn't deterred by any bruises, scratches, bites, stings, etc., that he got in his adventures.

As middle school, then high school came around, Jonathan found that his urge to know more now extended to sociality and drama. If anyone cared to ask, they would find that Jonathan usually knew more details about any event than almost anyone else in the school. If questioned about his methods, Jonathan might shrug and say, "A question here and there, some investigating...", but he will admit that cell phones and technology were very helpful. As for his gaming life, Jonathan's parents had few restrictions. After his first few ventures into online games, Jonathan dived in wholeheartedly, usually adopting the codename "Jet Stryker." In the games he took seriously, Jet became a prominent player when it came to leveling and exploring. When it was announced that a new VRMMORPG, Sword Art Online, was to be released to the public, Jonathan was quick to bug his parents into ordering a copy of the game and a virtual reality headset so he could play it once the servers were up.

Summary of first month in Aincrad:
  • During the first week, Jet explored Floor 1 and dabbled in Forgery with the thought that he could make his own equipment.
  • After the announcement that virtual death meant real-life death, Jet was both worried and excited. He couldn't shake the thought that one of his parents or friends might try to pull him out of the game, yet he also realized that he had time on his hands to explore pretty much everywhere he could reach.
  • Jet had recovered by the next day. One of the first things he did was to use his Forgery to make a pair of sunglasses, as a reminder to himself that Aincrad was just a game in the real world. Jet had every intention of getting back to reality.
  • A few days later, on Floor 2, Jet and a player he'd partnered with tried to fight a relatively high-level monster; by the end of the fight, Jet was close to dying and his partner was dead. Jet retreated to Celedona and spent a few days cooped up inside the town, trying to get over the stark reality of death. Eventually, though, his inquisitive nature overruled his fear and he continued his exploring and leveling.
  • For the next few weeks, Jet made parties with other players for protection and a better chance at exploring the reaches of each floor. By this time, he'd left Forgery in favor of Speed and Hiding. Fearing death, Jet spent his spare time soloing low-level monsters to build up his level and combat skills. He usually brought back drops and important information to other players who either Forged new equipment or did the brute work of clearing the floors.
Roleplay Sample:
Jet sighed as he watched the boar before him dissolve into bits of data and disappear. As he sheathed his daggers, a screen popped up with the amount of experience he'd gained, followed by the message, "You have reached Level 3!" "Finally," Jet muttered, crouching to take a look at the boar's drops.

Boar Hide
Raw Boar Meat
[Take] [Destroy]

Jet shook his head as he stashed the drops in his bag. "Already have good armor for now, and I'm not a Cook myself," he muttered, standing and turning back toward the city. It was the fourth day of the game, and Jet was bored. He'd already explored Starter City and the fields, completed several quests, defeated boars and other monsters for the sake of getting to Level 3...there really wasn't much left for him to do on this floor beyond building up his skills. Jet began humming to himself, his fingers tapping out a rhythm. Actually, there was the dungeon. He hadn't explored that yet, and he hadn't heard anything about the boss room being found yet. On the other hand, a Level 3 player probably wouldn't last too long on his own.

Several minutes later, Jet pushed open the door to a shop in the city. The shelves were decorated with various food items, ranging from fresh-baked loaves of bread to packages of seasoned meat. Jet edged around two other players who were browsing and walked up to the counter where the shopowner stood. "Welcome!" the NPC greeted with a big smile. "We have the best food in the city! Would you like to make a purchase? Or perhaps you have something to sell?"

"Yeah, I have something to sell," Jet answered, bringing up a screen of his inventory. There were two items made obvious by their amounts: 27 Boar Hides and 26 Raw Boar Meats. Jet sold the meat to the NPC and got a small chunk of the game's virtual money in return.

"We're always happy to make a transaction!" the shopowner boomed, still smiling. Jet rolled his eyes as he turned and walked back out the door. Was it just him, or did virtual reality make repetitive answers like that more annoying?

Seeing the blank stone wall across from the shop, Jet strolled over and leaned his forehead against it. Bored, bored, bored... This virtual reality was great and all, but the last two days had been just plain repetitive for him. He was sure he wasn't alone in feeling this, but Jet always got bored with repetition. He needed something new to do on this floor!

"Hey, you there!" Jet looked up in surprise at a nearby player, all decked out in armor with a Greatsword on his back. "You need something to do? I'm lookin' to lead a group into the dungeon. There's word that someone found the boss room. Interested?"

Jet perked up, already grinning. He wouldn't have to search for a party after all. "Yeah, I'm interested," he replied, his fingers tapping again. "Gimme a few minutes to buy a few things, and I'll come along. Where do we meet?"

"I'll let you know," the swordsman said, nodding. "Need your name b'fore I can send a message, though. Name's Kaiser. You?"

Jet was still grinning, his mind whirling with ideas on what to do in the dungeon. "Jet Stryker."

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Welcome aboard Garet! :) I'll update the list (since I think I forgot to add Dante)

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Thank you! So, there are players on Floors 2, 4, and 5... I have a question, by the way. I haven't read or seen Sword Art Online before, so I'm not sure about a few things. Do bladed weapons like swords and daggers still hurt monsters made of rock, like a Golem? It seems like they'd still hurt in a game, but since it's virtual reality, they probably wouldn't hurt as much as a hammer, for example.

I could be thinking too much about this.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thank you! So, there are players on Floors 2, 4, and 5... I have a question, by the way. I haven't read or seen Sword Art Online before, so I'm not sure about a few things. Do bladed weapons like swords and daggers still hurt monsters made of rock, like a Golem? It seems like they'd still hurt in a game, but since it's virtual reality, they probably wouldn't hurt as much as a hammer, for example.

I could be thinking too much about this.

Hi there! :) Yes blades will hurt them, it's up to you however if you want the monster to be a challenge and have tough defense - but normally what they're made out of doesn't make much difference.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Sorry about the lack of posts recently, I've been way busier than expected .-.

Message for CWP (and everyone!): I know you wanted to plan out our conversation but I'm not going to be able to get on properly for a while due to uni assignments so feel free to just leave Rapp where you found him and we can meet up again after - I'll send Rapp on a quest to level up and improve alchemy after realising how weak he is so maybe you can save him again or something haha. Just say he was speechless after being saved and kinda just stared up with a glazed look and leave him, and I'll try get my post up soon :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Sooooo, while I was writing my next post, this came up: Do we all follow the same IC day, or do we just go with the flow as we please? Like for example, in Aincrad it's morning and in about two weeks or so it's evening. Just a tiny suggestion. xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Sooooo, while I was writing my next post, this came up: Do we all follow the same IC day, or do we just go with the flow as we please? Like for example, in Aincrad it's morning and in about two weeks or so it's evening. Just a tiny suggestion. xD

Yes and no.

The 'present' is whatever is described in the first post, which you can interpret as full day in this case. Since the even just started I would recommend assuming its morning/noon but overall not worry about times of day.

You are welcome to be out of sync with the canon posts, just make sure to say so somewhere so nobody gets confused aha.

Its 7am did that make sense?

I'm not going to do rigid timings as it just won't work for a game like this, what I might do is have time-skips between events though... undecided.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I think as long as we pretend it's the same time of the day when we meet up and interact, we'll do fine :)

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
So here is my attempt at a sign up. Hope it is to everyone's liking.

EDIT: I had a feeling the picture wouldn't work: http://images5.fanpop.com/image/pho...way-golden-sun-dark-dawn-25205073-600-674.jpg

There is the link I tried to use, if anyone is curious.

Name: Reinhard Ossur (Reinhart is his avatar name)

Current Level: 14
Weapon: One handed Sword
Non-Combat Skills: Speed and Taming

GS-DD-The-awsome-way-golden-sun-dark-dawn-25205073-600-674.jpg

Appearance:
A pure blooded young German man, Reinhard has many of the characteristics that define his people. He is fairly tall (standing at 6"1), with broad shoulders and an average build, blending fat and muscle into a powerful stocky build. He will affectionately define himself as a natural born "tank" in that regard which only adds to the roughed nature of his physical appearance. Reinhard has fairy long, shaggy blonde hair with its rough ends brushing across his neck and face, obscuring his small dark blue eyes that often stare down others. An unkempt dark blonde patchy beard gives his long, thin face a rough exterior, which is only emphasized because of his permanent stern expression.

Reinhard is most often found in his adventuring outfit, of which he has grown satisfied and comfortable in. He wears a light blue shirt (over a chain mail shirt) tucked in to a pair of padded dark blue pants, held up by a brown leather belt. Black leather boots protect his feet from the elements. However, the defining characteristics of his outfit lie in the extras, of which tales of adventure lie in their acquisition. The first is his dark red scarf, of Reinhard purchased from a shop after acquiring some negligible loot to sell. The other piece of clothing is his lightly armored dark blue trench coat, which was a rare monster drop. Armor lies on the shoulders in the form of steel pauldrons, bulking up his already broad shoulders. Reinhard also sports leather gauntlets, to maintain a tight grip on his sword, which rests comfortably on his shoulder in its sheath, held on a leather belt that lies across his chest. To this day, he has yet to invest in more casual clothing, taking the game a bit too seriously.

Personality:
Reinhard is best described as serious, rigid, structured and methodical. He is goal orientated with a carefully constructed plan of action to complete his objectives. This applies to both short term and long term goals and keeps Reinhard focused on the task on hand. Reinhard spends much time preparing for his conquests, stressing preparation, strategy and structure over reckless abandon. This makes Reinhard overly cautious, and one to never take risks. He relies on his intelligence to make the best decision based on logical analysis. "Gut feeling" is just superstition, something that Reinhard refuses to recognize. In fact, Reinhard refuses to believe in superficial things such as luck, spirituality, faith or anything of that nature. He believes that one's success is measured by raw skill, preparation, talent and hard work.

Reinhard is level headed, collected and logical. He weighs his options and allows reason to guide his fate. He does with relative ease due to his lack of emotional attachments to much of anything, making logical the final factor in any impactful decision. Reinhard keeps himself collected at all times, never allowing weakness to show. He cares about the impressions he makes and how people view him, preferring that he commands fear or respect. Therefore, he makes an conscious effort to be as intimidating or as "cool" as possible in order to accomplish that.

Because of his rigid disposition, Reinhard is very rough around the edges. He is brutally honest, strict, and overbearing. Trending close to a careerist, Reinhard puts his goals above others, making him unemotional and cold. Therefore, it is safe to say he does poorly in establishing relationships of any kind. Professional relationships often suffer because Reinhard punishes any degree of stupidity or failure, and given the high stakes of SAO, he feels his nature is more than justified. Personal relationships fail because of Reinhard's general distrust of people and his reserved nature. Reinhard fears developing close knit relationships in SAO, as emotions can make people do stupid things. Therefore, Reinhard focuses purely on his own security and survival.

Reinhard's poor social skills are further exaggerated by his generally shy nature, being socially awkward. He does not read social cues well, often saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. To compensate for his poor skills, Reinhard hides away from others, putting a great distance between himself and others, both metaphorically and literally. Reinhard is a true loner in this regard, avoiding others as much as possible, limiting social interactions to as needed basis. Whenever he is thrown into a social situation, he will keep people to a distance. Short answers, ignoring others completely and using body language to communicate are the norm, as are sarcastic quips, chastising remarks and brutal honesty. Reinhard avoids bonds and others due to a deep repressed paranoia of others, constantly questioning others motives and desires. He holds a firm belief, no one is worth trusting as they easily betray you if the reward is ripe enough. In this regard, Reinhard rather never join any social group, as betrayals are impossible when you are forever alone. If forced into a group situation, Reinhard keeps vigilant and wary, always with his guard up. He holds grudges easily and can be vengeful. However, he usually keeps a cool facade, keeping himself under control, never expressing his emotion. He rather plan revenge than act on his pure instinct.

Life Before SAO:
Reinhard's early life was nothing out of ordinary. Born as the middle of three children to an upper middle class family in Germany, Reinhard was the victim of middle child syndrome, often ignored by his hard working business man of a father and his mother who pushed her eldest and babied her youngest. Reinhard was just caught in the middle, doing his own thing whatever that was interesting at the time. After all, fighting for attention when you have a prodigy of a older brother and a whiny younger brother is a tall order. Reinhard decided that making himself fit in the middle was just easier.

He had never developed any constant habits other than reading or playing videos that fueled his escapist tendencies. Reinhard quickly developed into being quite the nerd, often bullied by others. Without any guidance or role models, he became independent easily and mature faster than most but lacked the refined social skills that would make more functioning in social environments. School became tedious and a chore, a distraction from his fantasy worlds that were in great novels or video games. Regardless, Reinhard worked hard, earning high marks so that just maybe he will earn some recognition other than the kid who picked his nose in kindergarten and doodles those "dorky characters" in his notebook. To escape, Reinhard grew more and more addicted to his pursuits, becoming an avid gamer, as the ecstasy of succeeding in a game world was incomparable to anything he experienced in the physical world. However it was a slippery slope that evolved into a vicious cycle. As he grew older, the bullying intensified. As the bullying intensified, so did his love for video games. His love of gaming exasperated the bullying situation. As his infamy as a total nerd grew and the ridicule progressed, his faith in mankind declined. Reinhard entered bouts of depression in middle school and early high school, requiring a psychologist to work out his problems.

At his recommendation, Reinhard joined some clubs and sport teams (he wasn't a terrible athlete) and strived to succeed in them for the hopes of standing out. And surprisingly it worked. Reinhard grew up in more than one way. He experienced a great growth spurt and began to fill out in his figure. And he gradually developed some social skills (enough to be cold at least). It was a solid turnaround, as school became less arduous of a task and almost enjoyable. However, the trauma of bullying never ceased to be a grim memory. Reinhard kept his distance, as he couldn't suddenly trust a population that made his life so difficult to enjoy. He continued to play video games and enjoy trips of fantasy. It was perhaps why the Nerve Gear was such a glorious godsend (even if Reinhard refuses to believe in such things as God) as it allowed him to fully immerse himself in something. Something that was free of pain and suffering. Something he could enjoy. It was glorious.

He didn't allow it to completely ruin the new life that he crafted in school, but it did develop into an addiction. It did delay his entrance into University. Then Sword Art Online came out. "Bye good grades," he said to himself as he finally got to play the game.

Summary of first month in Aincrad:
-> Week 1: Started playing SAO on a whim and eventually grew to love the game, quickly becoming his home away from home. He would party with others sporadically, if only to gain levels quickly, but following the reveal of the game's new gimmick, Reinhard was caught off guard and questioned how he would survive. He decided the a slow, careful progression would be best suited. He hunted weak creatures and did runs on low level dungeons until he reached the second floor.

-> Week 2: Was unprepared for the second floor and joined a small guild to aid in his quest. Bonded slowly with the others and almost enjoyed the game. Eventually made it to the next floor after startling successes.

-> Week 3: His new group was dismantled by a dungeon, and Reinhard was among the few survivors. The other survivors were traumatized and broke down. One killed himself. Reinhard entered a bout of depression before reaffirming himself that the game could be conquered. Looked into taming for companionship of a less "real" kind. Always wanted a pet anyway.

-> Week 4: Reached Mount Lost as a solo player through grinding, hard work and ambition. Hopes to make it to the front lines before long. Never enjoyed sleeping much anyway.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Told ya, silly. Ossur <3 But your image didn't show up right.
GS-DD-The-awsome-way-golden-sun-dark-dawn-25205073-600-674.jpg
broken image perhaps? :3

Back