• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I know Zel already comented on this, but if he did leave the safari wardens gold teeth event in there he could lways use that to give the player an in-game 'nintendo event' ticket or something. of course he could always hide the teeth anywhere and make them invisible to make it harder to get, but its just an idea.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2008
heharharhuuumy! :D

This is so awsome! Keep working hard zel your amazing!!! I'll make sure you win hack of the year! I'll recomend you to co-work with nintendo on an official pokemon shiny gold! (Ok i dont think thats possable but i got a little carryed away lol :D)

Whew....Deep breaths kiikasi...ok im good now :D

This is by far the best pokemon game ever made! It has everything the other pokemon games (yes even the original gold :p)dont have!
Now for some sudjestions.. When dealing with sprites use an editer and make small details at max zoom, it adds a personal touch to your creations and makes them look cooler! number 2, What do you mean by scripting? Makeing the story or coding? Both? and number 3, That part in the dragons den.. the other cave thing.. Was i saposed to be alowed in after i beat lance or later? Sorry for the LONG post but im just bursting with kiikasiness! :p Thanks zel or anyone that can handle reading this you helped alot!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
This hack is already smashing the other hacks in the ground for hack of the year. I am pretty sure it will win.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
well Zel you do your work well

no1 else is finishing their hacks as promised

but you do

and your hack is gr8

ive beaten the pkm league

and hope that the next beta comes out

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Just a question, but why aren't there any screenshots that show all of the changes? People talking about the new tiles, new signpost, etc. But I'd like to see them.

If you don't want us to see if we're not the Staff, that's fine, but we won't be as interested since everything is the same as before (besides the Main Thread).

And I'm not sure if you really need screenshots, but I was wondering that, since that's what the rules are. But I would think that you don't need them that badly since you have already have 4 betas.

Anyways, I'd really like to see the new tiles, etc. Once the hack is finished.

~Over and out (sorry for all the bolded words, haha).~

Well, I think there have been a few screenshots with some tiles changes (probably there were a few more at the old thread)

But as you know (if not, I'll remind it to everyone), the hack goes in a series of phases, usually there's a phase of pure development, where I usually get questions and some offtopicness, usually that phase doesn't have any screenshot post (though I may post something if I really want to show something). Then, when I reach my First Goal, I start posting screenshots in almost all my posts (though I doubt this time I'll have that many screenies), just to prepare everything for the release, usually in that phase I get obviously questions about the screenshots I post, meanwhile I keep working to reach my next goal. The next phase is the release of the Beta, during that phase I get lots of posts with glitches and opinions, so during that phase I start to fix almost everything you tell me. And once that phase is done I go back to the first phase, so the next series of screenshots will take a while.

That's how I have decided to do this. It has always been that way since the hack started on last year, and I don't intend to change the way I do it. Only during the screenshots release phase I post lots of screenies, in all the other phases it's rare to see them.

We are in the first phase, and that's why you wont find many screenshots up to now (and I want to make the phone system work, cause that's the first thing I want to show)

I've got a question that has been buggin' me for quite a while. Do you think that once Zel has finished the game, that he will release some events for it? Like Nintendo does?

"Like Nintendo does"... Argh... What a horrible phrase.

Besides doing the splitting of a single game into two games, I also don't like the thing of the events. It always makes me think that I bought an incomplete game (if you don't live close to the places where the events are held, like my case, you are in troubles if you want a complete Pokedex), so, as it was said in one of other peoples' replies, you'll be able to catch all of them through events in the normal play of the game.

I wonder how he will deal with the *not obeying* Mew and Deoxys...
Well, they don't obbey when you cheat... Not sure if it also counts if you make your own hack....

We'll see what happens when I script their events. I don't know what will happen either.

zel, this is still one of the best hacks @ PC.
But, be aware, as a competitor-hack will come soon! ;)

Alright! Keep 'em coming!

No, seriously, I don't know what's been going on lately, but I think there's been some tension around these days. If you ask for my opinion, if you win the HotY then cool, if not, meh... To me, it won't change my life a bit if I were to lose it, 'cause all I really want is to finish this project (to add another hack to the scarce list of finished Pokemon hacks), probe myself that I could do it, make many friends, and know that people liked my work (more or less than other hacks, doesn't matter)

Don't forget, this is the first time I ever show something I did myself. So, I'm pretty shy (though I've gained confidence during this year of working on the hack)

if you key Shiny gold into youtube youll see a video with Deoxys. Is that real or bogus.

I've seen that video, and like everyone else noticed, that was a modification to Shiny Gold, whatever...
...Just know that it's not possible to get Deoxys yet in the original version.

Now for some sudjestions.. When dealing with sprites use an editer and make small details at max zoom, it adds a personal touch to your creations and makes them look cooler! number 2, What do you mean by scripting? Makeing the story or coding? Both? and number 3, That part in the dragons den.. the other cave thing.. Was i saposed to be alowed in after i beat lance or later? Sorry for the LONG post but im just bursting with kiikasiness! :p Thanks zel or anyone that can handle reading this you helped alot!

Well, Marnic is a cool spriter with great skills so it'll all depend on him on the spriting department.
Scripting is a whole concept: planning how the event will go, coding it, fixing it (and-refixing-it-after-you-release-a-Beta-and-people-find-stuff-you never-found...)
About the Den's blocked entrance, I cannot really say too much, but considering the requirments, you'll be able to go into that entrance after defeating Lance and reaching Kanto

This hack is already smashing the other hacks in the ground for hack of the year. I am pretty sure it will win.

No, please, give some respect to the other hackers' work. Fine that you like what I do, but I think that kind of sentences makes them really start to get angry at me or my work. Let's just wait to see what the future has for us. As I said before: if the hack wins, cool, if not, meh...

Seems like I had some energy to be writing, huh? :D
Well, I'm in the middle of the work of the phone system, it's pretty ugly having to repeat the same code over and over, but there's no other way (and I planned everything to write less lines, but still...)
I even have to search that random stuff the trainers say on the phone: "My <insert poke here> is cool. But I missed a <insert poke here>. Crap!"

Oh well, guess I won't be finishing this tomorrow either. At least I know it will be work the way I want it :)

That's all I'm doing. Don't forget: As soon as I finish the Phone thingy I'll post its screenshots and I'll prepare the set of next screenshots.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
I think we had a little missunderstanding Zel, I was going based on the numbers you had compared to the other hacks. I wasn't giving my opinion, to be honest if I had to vote(which I am not)I would vote for Rocket's Revenge. I have respect for your hack but I don't particularly drool over remakes. Well, like I said I have respect so keep doin what you're doin as good as you do it.:D

flameboy8106

an uchiha legend
Years
this hack is so cool i love it but one question y does my character have that glitchy thing over its head.:\

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Hey Zel! Do you think you can re-script the Pokédex to the original Gold dex? (You know: 001 Cikorita Instead of Bulbasaur, 002 Bayleef instead of ivysaur etc.) And Also a script in the PKdex that will let you change on wich mode you're watching? (Johto order/Numercial order)
It would be really cool!

Dr.Garchomp

Mr.Gaburiasu
Years
Quoted by zel:"No, please, give some respect to the other hackers' work. Fine that you like what I do, but I think that kind of sentences makes them really start to get angry at me or my work. Let's just wait to see what the future has for us. As I said before: if the hack wins, cool, if not, meh..."(lol, I put it in wrong^^; )

You really should give yourself credit zel, this hack is probably the best on all of pokecommunity.(no offense to other rom hackers, including myself) You've done a really great job.
You should be proud of it :)

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Hey Zel! Do you think you can re-script the Pokédex to the original Gold dex? (You know: 001 Cikorita Instead of Bulbasaur, 002 Bayleef instead of ivysaur etc.) And Also a script in the PKdex that will let you change on wich mode you're watching? (Johto order/Numercial order)
It would be really cool!

It would be cool, but I seem to remeber Zel, or one of the other hackers, saying that it would be insanly difficult.

FEG

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to redo the Pokedex like that would involve repointing all the name and/or Pokedex pointers, wouldn't it?

Gerri Shin

  
Years
It would be cool, but I seem to remeber Zel, or one of the other hackers, saying that it would be insanly difficult.

I think I remember Kike Scott saying that it would be extremely difficult and would take wayy too much time to do for it to be truly practical.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yeah, and since the Johto Pokemon would still need the National Dex in order to work their evolutions, and the National Dex has all of the pokes listed, then it would be pretty pointless to be changing stuff. Too much work for little results is not a fair trade in my opinion.

Man, this Phone thing is really long *blames Nintendo for putting so many rematch trainers that talk about so many Pokémon*, if you know a bit of scripting, just imagine I started the whole script at 880D40 and I'm currently at 883120... Even though I'm trying to write as less as I can... Grrr...

Well, as you can see I'm kinda busy with that, so that's all I'll be saying probably this whole week ToT

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Yeah, and since the Johto Pokemon would still need the National Dex in order to work their evolutions, and the National Dex has all of the pokes listed, then it would be pretty pointless to be changing stuff. Too much work for little results is not a fair trade in my opinion.

Man, this Phone thing is really long *blames Nintendo for putting so many rematch trainers that talk about so many Pokémon*, if you know a bit of scripting, just imagine I started the whole script at 880D40 and I'm currently at 883120... Even though I'm trying to write as less as I can... Grrr...

Well, as you can see I'm kinda busy with that, so that's all I'll be saying probably this whole week ToT

Well at least you know how to do it, everybody else doesn't have a clue on most of the stuff you do.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years

I agree completely, and if you [Zel] really wanted to justify it, since Oak gives you the pokedex you could have him say "Oh, sorry the Kanto-dex is all I have"

Back