• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC likes you.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
You have unliked this post. Pave Low will be sad. :(
I tried to like a post multiple times but it only let me like it once and then unlike it again so.....

Years
I accidentally clicked the like button for my own post yesterday. It unliked, but I think it did it automatically instead of me trying to do it. I spent 10 minutes trying to unlike it and realised that it had been unliked 9 minutes ago...

Years
Been there, done that. This was a feature a while ago but was taken off because it was misused and user's kept spamming the like/dislike...you get where I'm going with this.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
And what would the 'right thing' be? We don't have downvotes because downvotes are pointless and demeaning. If you dislike someone's post then you can keep that to yourself rather than making the person feel bad about it.

AwesomeAsCrawdaunt

Shizariger on EGC
Years
See, this is what I've been talking about.

If someone is a bad poster, it should be that they are made to feel bad. But you? You think such an action would be "demeaning". Thus, they never get better because they've never been corrected over it. The forum is worse as a result.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
See, this is what I've been talking about.

If someone is a bad poster, it should be that they are made to feel bad. But you? You think such an action would be "demeaning". Thus, they never get better because they've never been corrected over it. The forum is worse as a result.

No, just no.

If someone is a bad poster -- ie, spam -- then they're dealt with accordingly. Being a bad poster or a good poster is subjective, it's up to each individual who reads the post to decide for him or herself whether the post is 'good' or not. Also, one can improve their post quality through constructive criticism and polite suggestions made by others, not through harsh judgements and evaluations forced onto them.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Aren't we supposed to get a notification when someone likes our post?I've got a few likes in my posts but no notification for it.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Aren't we supposed to get a notification when someone likes our post?I've got a few likes in my posts but no notification for it.

No, you're not. But if you go into your UserCP on certain styles (iirc, any style but vB Default; it's working fine for me on Dawn of Champions) and scroll down to below the post comments, you can see a summary of your liked posts.

FiyahKitteh

Bubbly Fiyah kitteh
Years
Hey, I personally DIG the like FUNction! I am a thanks-distributor and usually hand out tons of those things, so...thanks for adding it! It's been working dandy so far. =D

Cid

Years
I checked the styles and listed the ones that still await implementation of this feature last time I checked.
And, I thought I'd post it here so that people will know; perhaps it might prove useful.

Modular [Prerelease] (Default, Black 2)
Pichu2
Sweet Kisses
Generation InVerse
Snivy's Holiday
New Directions
Simple

Also, vBulletin Default does have the Like button, but its Post Comment button is still shown as a scale (for rep) beside the offline/online status icon and the Report button, instead of the Furret with the speech bubble as seen in most styles. Anyway, if a specific style isn't in that list above, I can confirm that that specific style shows the two Furret buttons, at least for me (or my browser, which is Chrome by the way).

Again, thanks for the cool feature, guys! :D

Years
I still can't see the like button, but like Cid said, I'm using Pichu2, so that's why it's not showing up.
I'll wait, I'm not changing styles. ;)

Last edited:
Back