• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Lol, the anime adapts at 4 chapters/episode. That's a very fast pace XD 200 of magi's chapters have been covered in 50 episodes. Meanwhile, 715ish of One Piece chapters have been covered in 640ish episodes. No wonder people say OP has terrible pacing... D: I mean it was close to 2 chapter/episode for the first 200ish episodes or so iirc. So it was good. Even after that it was okay till episode 500ish. Then it began feeling verrrrrrrryy slow.

Anyway, I'm going offtopic haha. On Magi - the next few chapters after the anime ended are great lol. The current arc deals with the world itself and gives insight on solomon and his times. Next season will be very interesting. But it will require the manga to be at 300 chapter mark. And it is currently a little above the 220 mark. So much time to go before next season, then. 2 years or a little less, most likely.

Years
Yeah, I personally found it to be super fast-paced, especially in comparison to some other series I've watched. But I guess that fact pacing hardly means much of anything if you never read the Magi manga to begin with...

Anyways, the newer arcs and scenes are absolutely epic. Plenty of hilarity to keep you busy and certainly no shortage of surprises and drama, either. I'm really excited for a potential season 3 whenever the manga gets further ahead because it's just too good not to. Solomon's history is one that I'm very anxious to see animated.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2014
One of my favorite series. I enjoyed nearly all the characters, something that usually doesn't happen, and the action was pretty exciting to watch.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Has anyone watched the OVA, Sinbad's Contribution yet (Sinbad no Bouken)?

Pretty good! Bummed that there are a few months gap between episode 1 and 2 though :(.

Years
^I have, I have! It was amazing.. Yunan looked pretty odd, though, but maybe I'm just too fond of his original look in the main series. Just wish they didn't skip past some scenes but I suppose it's necessary to save time. Would be nice if this became its own full-fledged series and that was my hope originally but a few OVAs is way better than nothing.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
^I have, I have! It was amazing.. Yunan looked pretty odd, though, but maybe I'm just too fond of his original look in the main series. Just wish they didn't skip past some scenes but I suppose it's necessary to save time. Would be nice if this became its own full-fledged series and that was my hope originally but a few OVAs is way better than nothing.

Yeah, it's tempted me to read the manga! I wish it was some form of season rather than a couple of OVAs. Looks really interesting - and I want to learn more about Sinbad's Djinn powers.

Years
The manga is great. ^o^ I really recommend you read it, things are getting super crazy.

Spoiler:

Back