• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
That would require some asm.
Either that or... well, here goes a quick cheap method.

You could make the computer to make you warp to a "virtual world" where porygon waits for you to store your pokemon.
Then at the exit of the virtual world, put a script that checks if the player has Torchic or Chikorita, then complain if you don't have them.
If you try to leave without pikachu, it would say "you can't leave the virtual world without your very own body!"

Doable and makes sense, plus would be very original

hey, thanks Baro! :)
It's a very nice idea, so thanks so much! :)

This hack looks good, and the idea is really original. Only thing I must complain about are graphics. Mainly the player's house, as seen in the screenshot.

I didn't play the beta yet, so I don't know if there's something more looking that way. You need to improve the palette of the house to more vivid colours, and, if possible, to more colours.

Plus, the legendaries, you should make their battle sprites better. Pillow shading is a bit weird in a Pok?mon game which has different spriting style unless you redo all Pok?mon and trainer sprites. Did you plan to leave them without eyes, or are these sprites only conceptual and subject to change?

Anyway, I am glad that there is another hack with original idea and unique implementation, so I hope you keep it up. And about complicated things, when you make them, it will be perfect, if no, you might try to delete those features from game though it might be a disadvantage.

Cheers!

thanks, well, I'm not good at editing graphics though. :D

~~~edit~~~
A little update.
I am done mapping the floors of Krystal Mountain.
Now I'm about to proceed with scripting, but first, I think I need to take a little nap. :P

Anyways, here's a screeny that will show you of what will be the replacement of the POK?BALL found on the floor. x3
Thanks to Nicolas for the 'gift' overworld and Benevolent Wings for editing it.
Hope you'll like it. ;)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Nope. ^^
Fly won't be in the hack, for I'll replace it for a Shadow move, hee hee hee! >:]

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
That would require some asm.
Either that or... well, here goes a quick cheap method.

You could make the computer to make you warp to a "virtual world" where porygon waits for you to store your pokemon.
Then at the exit of the virtual world, put a script that checks if the player has Torchic or Chikorita, then complain if you don't have them.
If you try to leave without pikachu, it would say "you can't leave the virtual world without your very own body!"

Doable and makes sense, plus would be very original
Yes, a much better and advanced idea of mine.
@IceCharizard: Really? You just said Porygon lets you touch the computer.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
of course! :P
I'm also planning to add those disk in the real mystery dungeon game for TMs. :)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I don't know...
Anything that will be useful for your missions, like berries or other stuff, but items like Ancient Coin or Left Overs will be the task of your 'Treasure Hunter' in PKMN Square.

It's still in the plot, for it's a minor script. Hee hee. :P

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Yo, DJG you seem like a really good hacker I can tell by your hacks love this game so much i have said it like three times anyway what are your friends going to be? Eevee and... (Can someone be a totodile)

Last edited by a moderator:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hm...
I guess I should spoil in some parts of the story...
PLAYER --> Pikachu
ROSE --> Eevee
STEVE --> Dratini
MARK --> Taillow
JAGOLD --> Sandslash

That's all.
There will now be other PKMN who'll join your team, thanks to Teh Baro's Porygon-explained idea. :)
However, I still haven't made a plot, and it's not yet my concern.
The top list is first rescue the PLAYER's friends. :P

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
yes they will, and Rose as well, but JAGOLD?
He's a Sandslash. xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2014
i like pokemon mystery dungeon so of course i like this hack i cant wait till the next release...good luck...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thanks for all the comments, pipz! x3
Anyways, here's an update, want to see some screenies?
Nah~ Why sreenies if I can show you a little sneak peek video?

Yup! See the first post or click the link on my siggy. =3
Thanks pipz!

I'm still scripting the events in Krystal Mountain! xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Ya, I saw the vid B4 u posted.
It's too cool!
I can't wait to play B2.
GL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.