• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

chromophobe;

Renyui!

ascender
Years
hworang.png
The only real issue with this tag is that the focal feels fairly out of place. But then again, one isn't really sure what would be in place, and because it was for a competition (although you did start it yourself) it does fit for the necessary theme. Colours blend well though, and the depth is unique and well pulled off.

No other real issues with this one, although the clipping mask seemed an odd way to blend the focal. It's pretty much amazing!

soviet.png
Woo, 2012! Pretty funky dude in this one, but the left of the piece seems to be feeling left out. Maybe spice it up a little with some of your fancy stocks or smudging? i totally have regained my gfx judging ability and i totally know the terminology, shuttup.
The text is contrasted well with the focal, but it is a little off-putting trying to figure out what you wanted as the focal. Also the yellow splattery things winning at jargon are well placed and suit it well. Nice start to the year!

split.png
I actually really like this one, and I don't know if it's just me. The simplicity of the piece altogether is appealing and really draws me in. the lighting and colours in the stock go together nicely while the skull thing on the other side complements it nicely. The only thing that slightly irks me is the fact that it's a skull, and it seems somewhat out of place.

Otherwise, it's really eye catching and pleasant. Good work!

flyeye.png
This piece is also really cool. The contrasted colours of the stock are nicely juxtaposed with the background, and the pattern on the left also compliments it nicely. The grainy texture in this piece also compliments the weird and unusual-ness of the stock. The only issue with this one is that other than the crazy focal, it might strike some as a bit bland. Crazy, I know!

Woo, first crit in a while! (b")b

moments.

quixotic
Years
Thanks for the comments! :D

batmann.png

Yes it is too sharp.

lightattheendofthetunnel.png
lightattheendofthetunnel1.png

With and without motion blur. <3

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Moo your works are becoming excessively awesome and it is getting harder for me to crit 'em. ;;

Anyway!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/hworang.png

I like the colors and the positioning. But I'm not so sure about all that extra space on the right. Idk..but it just irks me. But yeah, you did a wonderful job with the stock. Better than anything I could've done. lol

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/soviet.png

Looking good. I would've loved to see some more effects on this tag, though. For now, it feels like you've played safe by keeping the effects to min. And it is a little too dark for my tastes, as I've mentioned earlier, but yeah, nice. ;P

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/split.png
Out of all the pieces you've posted, I probably like this one the most. Wait, I like the experimental work better. So it makes this one my second fave? Anyway..I like the colors, lighting (although a little heavy at some places. Just lil' bit. Those places? Above her head and near her ear. That's just me though, I guess!) and I like how you've placed that skull at the right. May seem random, but it adds a lot to the tag. I like it. <3;

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/flyeye.png
This is hot. <3

Time for the second post!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/batmann.png
Hmm, idk, this looks weak. The monotone, lack of different effects and the weird focal. I mean, my eyes get drawn to the splattered brush thingy faster than it does to B-man's face. The focal, if it is b-man's face as I'm assuming it to be, is somewhat lost. At least for me. And all the monotone doesn't help it. The lighting at the chest is a little iffy. So, the overly strong splatter, the monotone and the..weird-ish lighting at his chest takes a lot away from this piece. Defs not one of your better tags. :o

As for those last two pieces: I like 'em. I really do. But the one with motion blur..I kinda wish the motion blur was a little more prominent. :P

...lol i am such a n00b. i not know how to crit. ;;

moments.

quixotic
Years
They are far from perfect Dero, thanks for the comments though! <3

wolverine-1.png

sprite.png

Similar to the above, minus stock and plus some small detailing, but still a WIP. I'm thinking of cropping and adding a sprite or something in there.

moments.

quixotic
Years
gas.png

Trying stuff.

colourink.png

ToTF entry for 'Colour'.

Here are two older ones I forgot to post! :O

wiredinspaceflip.png

seefordee-1.png

Experimenting in both really.

moments.

quixotic
Years
when there are no threads left for me to post in G&P, I triple post my own gallery cause it's the only place I can </3

buttondown.png

Warning, that piece is massive. Just testing the waters of a larger canvas. 'Tis an album cover for Rowan's band. Just cause he asked and I needed a place to start. <3

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
1st tag - Solid. I'd lose the faint gray lines across the render though, and the gray is messing with the strong background color. I like the extra on the left, it adds a little something to the tag overall. I'd try going for a red gradient clip for the gas logo though, or a clipping mask with the black from the background. I don't feel the B/W right now. Also, the faint gray-scale gradient behind the logo is a nice touch (it looks like there's a gradient though, I might be mistaken, ahah).

2nd tag - Very cool. Love the intense colours. Glad you didn't put a render, it'll kill the entirety of the tag. Lose the blue curves on the mid-top though. The blue below the middle is too sharp and cluttered, mate. Otherwise, great!

3rd tag - Colours are hot, and the background is sick. Focus is simple but effective. Spot-on tag.

4rd tag - A sprite of some sort or an anime render will look great on this. It can stand as a tag when left untouched, but a text or logo can spruce up the empty left.

LP - On it's own, I don't find the colour attractive, and I don't like the bokeh here. Text feels raw. The bird things are not doing anything. The whole thing should be redone! I feel like this is a step down from what you can do in this, this and this.

You're very good, man. I enjoy browsing your work. :D

moments.

quixotic
Years
Thanks for the comments, Rest! :D
No updates as of yet, lacking a bit of inspiration currently. But I'll be back on the horse soon!

moments.

quixotic
Years
Spoiler:

Just playing around with the collage look. It isn't finished, obviously, but I just wanted to post some art cause it's been a while. <3

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Your non finished work is better then my finish work :O

Not much I can really comment on at this stage, other then the fact that I don't like how the paper is JUST touching the top. I'd prefer it to be a little cut off or have a little space I guess, but that could just be me. The text is a tad difficult to read, but I don't know how else you would do it unless you changed the colour of the text on the white paper to that reddish orange in the piece.

moments.

quixotic
Years
New found love for icons. Finally found out how to do a new style, and definitely liking how it's turning out.
feel free to shoot me down in flames and brimstone

fa7.png
fa6.png
fash1.png
fa5.png

fa4.png
fa3.png
fa2.png
fa1.png

transist-1.png

Last edited:

Rest

Years
General comments, moo. :3

In the 24 tag, your colors are washed out, mate. There's a dullness to it, and it hurts your tag a lot. I don't know how you'd get it though; too much adjustment layers, maybe? Regardless, it's a nice concept and I like the texture spam at the bottom and the blue background. The thing at top-left isn't great though, and the square-lighten on the focal isn't really attractive. Again, colors are the main problem here, and the tag could be miles better if it were more vibrant.

If the whole thing in the Paint tag 100% handmade, you're fantastic. Again, the colors look washed out. From what I've seen, soft-brushing is never great as a color tool unless it's for lighting, and this is what I see with the orange soft-brushing at the right side.

As for the Transist tag, get rid of the text, the foreground rust and the focal's platform thing and you get a great, atmospheric tag I reckon. It could benefit from greater contrast though.

Good job, matey. KIU. =3

P.S. And about that text tag, you'll have to wait out a bit, good sir. Haven't been feeling like doing one lately, actually, but I'll have it done soon. c:

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
shellshock.png

Made for a battle a few weeks ago.

And a poster I made for a fundraising night me, and group of friends are organising.
Link.
It's big, but unless you go full size, you won't see the details in the background, but it's primarily the typography that's the focus really.

Rest

Years
neon.png - Think I've given you a CnC on this. :)

eye-1.png - I quite like this, the intense colors work great with how gritty the tag looks. If you're going for a dead-center focal though, it's best that you not make it look symmetrical. Give it more rounded effects. Watch the quality too, it's really sharpened at places.

glitch.png - Nice use of displace. Nothing much to say though, haha.

shellshock.png - Love it, really scenic and the colors are spot-on. Again, watch out with the quality. You should add dust particles, to give it a more chaotic look. Otherwise, very hot.

laundryposter.jpg - Nice text, clean and simple. :) Nyan cat is super randommm

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Gonna give out about your typography. That's all I remember the last time I was meant to come here and give you some crit, so let's see where that goes...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/shellshock.png

This one feels pretty messy in general. Probably due to the fact that the stock is pretty hard to see. Though I know what you're going for and the concept is pretty evident, though I think you can bring across this concept without making the tag so overly busy for the most part. The atmosphere is pretty nice, though the one thing that bothers me most about the tag overall. Bit too much blur in the foreground, it's taking away a lot of the quality of the tag, as well as decreasing a little depth. To be honest the big part I don't like is the lighting. It's a bit heavy to the right, it creates a bit too much contrast in the tag overall. Where as those light strokes going over the focal are also really killing the tag, they take away the quality and distract from the focal point. I think you know it probably wasn't your strongest tag, it just needs less heavy lighting and a bit more atmosphere.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/laundryposter.jpg

Pretty cool poster, though my only complaint is the typography. When you're trying to keep something informative, keep it to a nice easy to read straight sans-serif font. Try and keep things a bit more clear. The Laundry Bar & $5 are fine the way they are, but the text itself around it needs to be slightly more spaced out and easier to read at a glance. It's all just a bit mushy. Otherwise, good job.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Nyan cat is our team logo: (our team organised the fundraiser night).
Thanks for comments both of you though!

First 3 are scratch with tablet (minus text and stock in Link tag), first real time using my tablet, so all experimentals, and the last is WIP-esque, didn't really finish it, but didn't have plans to anyway...
scrunch.png

link-1.png

ray.png

FleeeAss2Fly-1.png

Collab with 2Fly

moments.

quixotic
Years
More tags from me.

redbluyel.png

obsolete.png

Scratch, background is a fractal I made.

obsoletefrac.png

The fractal. :3

yellowman.png

Work in progress.

Back