• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Follow Script addition

Years
copy your old game.ini and game.rxproj and paste to new project then you can open it with your old version of rmxp.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Khkramer is right... how can you not find it? If you don't have that, no wonder you can't get the game to work right. It is titled game, and is located right under the file game.exe It might just say game. It is described as a configuration file. It is a text file. That is all I can do to help

Last edited:

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Alright, I didn't know the .ini was a configuration file. Let me try it, then I'll be right back.

EDIT:

Alright, moving the game files worked, I'm in. And thank you guys.

I'll be looking over all of this.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Alright, I didn't know the .ini was a configuration file. Let me try it, then I'll be right back.

EDIT:

Alright, moving the game files worked, I'm in. And thank you guys.

I'll be looking over all of this.

No problem. I am glad to help install such an amazing script. I am also available for help if you need it. I might not be an amazing scripted, but I have fixed many problems I found with peoples help, and my own ideas, and would be happy to share them

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Nice for making this, but one thing. "X" is defined as the event which is going to follow the player, not for the number of pokemon you have.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
i hope all you guys that made these scripts and packs that i used dont mined me puting them together like i have.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Nice for making this, but one thing. "X" is defined as the event which is going to follow the player, not for the number of pokemon you have.

Yea haha. I figured that out the hard way. I kept wondering why the pc in the test map kept turning into Pikachu... Haha. Do you know how to make more than one pokemon follow you? All I've managed to do is get multiples of my first pokemon

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
Yea haha. I figured that out the hard way. I kept wondering why the pc in the test map kept turning into Pikachu... Haha. Do you know how to make more than one pokemon follow you? All I've managed to do is get multiples of my first pokemon

It causes lag. So only on is able to follow. I figured out how to get B/W pokemon to follow as well. I need to complete the sprites in the game.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
The script does not support alternate forms, I have to work on that when I have free time, also can u link Help -14's original to this one.

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
alright thanks. I thought i saw somewhere that you could. I tried just having multiple dependent events, and calling the script for each one of them, but that just made me walk around with three of my first pokemon. It isn't important though, I was just wondering. Thanks

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Hey guys, I'm just posting this hear because the error popped up after downloading and trying to playtest my game using the file presented here. I got this:

Spoiler:

What do I need to do? I'm not entirely sure I'm looking in the right spots.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
This has nothing to do with the script. I think you have a problem with the Pokemon.txt. This doesn't belong here

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
I only posted it because this error appeared after I tried playtesting using the kit with the script. If there's an error in the Pokemon.txt of the kit, it needs to be addressed.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I only posted it because this error appeared after I tried playtesting using the kit with the script. If there's an error in the Pokemon.txt of the kit, it needs to be addressed.
Your error is that you're using a way-old version of pokemon.txt, in which the internal name of Mr. Mime is given as MR_MIME rather than MRMIME. Use a newer version of pokemon.txt, or remove the underscore.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
that was the version of the pokemon.txt that came with p-signs ultimate b/w kit, cause what happened is I had 2 versions the newer pokemon.txt had 0 for all the base exp and wasn't generating xp so i swapped it for the older version but forgot to replace all the others .txt as well what i did was edit the name in the tm.txt and shadowmove.txt to mr_mime but i guess marunos way was easier lol.

#EDIT i have fixed the error and reuploaded
any other errors or non pokemon follow script related questions can be directed to my pm if it helps.

Last edited:
Back