• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
Dude, you cant go through the door in ecruteak because hes not done with the hack. hes not past that yet. and trust me he is working hard to get there but he just went through some big problems so he has to take it easy. and no one blames them for that.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
I've finally had time to finish beta 2. It's awesome man. I don't know why people keep complaining about it. There are some glitches, but not every single one are harmful. Anyway, I can't wait until you get back to work on it, no rush. Go zel!

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
I reallu love this game I really enjoyed the beta 2 i cant wait to play the beta 3 but I think i will have to wait. Well a i wish the best of the lucks for you.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yes, yes. Patience is a good virtue. I'm trying to think a bit, and I estimate that B3 could come out sometime around January. That is, if all goes well, as always.

I'm lucky to always have a few extra stuff done, it comes in handy sometimes. Since it passed some time since I posted something "interesting", I uploaded a few screenshots of my Olivine Lighthouse:

lighthouse1us4.png
lighthouse2yv0.png

Yeah, it looks weird, but I like how it looks... weird... (I've been riping Gold, shame on me...)

Of course, that's a Pikachu, not an Ampharos, no need to point that out!

Cool, I reached 200, never thought I had so much to post!

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
Yes, yes. Patience is a good virtue. I'm trying to think a bit, and I estimate that B3 could come out sometime around January. That is, if all goes well, as always.

I'm lucky to always have a few extra stuff done, it comes in handy sometimes. Since it passed some time since I posted something "interesting", I uploaded a few screenshots of my Olivine Lighthouse:

lighthouse1us4.png
lighthouse2yv0.png

Yeah, it looks weird, but I like how it looks... weird... (I've been riping Gold, shame on me...)

Of course, that's a Pikachu, not an Ampharos, no need to point that out!

Cool, I reached 200, never thought I had so much to post!

hey thats not a ampharos! thats a pikachu!

lol joking, so how are you gonna do the ampharos? just going to edit a sprite like pikachu?

Ronike

Dec Spriter and Shadow Trainer
Years
Every thing about this looks amazing! As soon as I have some free time (i.e never) I plan on downloading the beta and trying it out. As for the ampharos thingy, maybe try and find an extra trainer to convert

Years
OK in the beta version youcan get a charmander at the gamecorner but when i wanna get it she isnt giving me the charmander this must be fixed XD btw this is the greatest hack ever

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
OK in the beta version youcan get a charmander at the gamecorner but when i wanna get it she isnt giving me the charmander this must be fixed XD btw this is the greatest hack ever

This glitch is already known and zel is doing his best to fix it

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
Hi again zel just one thing i forget to say on my last post in here i dont know but your sprite mini has like an error in his neck i think you shoul add some outline thee with a little shadow because your jacket has shadow and is outlined but the nech isnt so if you if that the mini will look even better.

PD. Every new screen of this hack i seemakes me like to play next beta even more. xD

Years
This is the coolest hack i ever played bevore .
i always though the best pokemon games where the G,S,C series but now this remake would be the best i cant wait to get the full hack :D

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
Years
1. Make sure it'[s a clean rom dump
2. Use the Lunar ips patcher to patch the rom
3. If your not patching it, name the ips file the exactly the same as the rom and turn on the VBA's auto patching option. The ips patch has to be in the same directory as the rom itself if you choose to do this.

If your rom has an intro hack on it, this hack will probably not work. Google patch fix for pokemon or go to pocketheaven.com for ips patches that cleans roms.

*Note, this is not a site that distributes roms so don't delete the link, it's quite helpful for people with bad roms that needs a fixing

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
I know this is a bit late for my first post in this thread, but who cares? =P

This hack is a true master piece. The maps are very well detailed and have that right Pokémon G/S/C feel the maps in some Gold remakes seem to lack and the spriting is decent, but could still be better. It's been a while since I played through the hack, but I remember some gymleader sprites bugging me. There also seems to be a couple of bugs in the maps. The only one I remember right now, however, is the rather random bug in Ilex Forest. Whenever I enter a battle while I'm standing on the top tile of a tree, the battle become a cave battle. Also, shouldn't that tile be overlapping the overworld sprites? Well, it isn't.

However, the truly awesome scripting makes up for the random glitches and whatnot in the hack. Seriously, if it wasn't for some minor bugs in a couple of scripts, they'd be as good as any scripts Nintendo would make. Plus, I like the extra stuff you added in the game, like the place where you get Treecko and how you scattered Hoenn Pokémon all around Johto. *Huggles his Grovyle and Swellow*

You have inspired me to start hacking again, but I'm not familiar with hex scripting and ScriptED doesn't work even though I double checked if everything required for it to run properly is in order, and it was, so I think I'll leave the hacking to those who know what they're doing and have the tools to do what they want.

Anyway... if you need help with sprites and movesets (For gymleaders and other special trainers) and such, I'll be glad to assist you. And don't get this wrong, I'm not saying you couldn't handle this yourself, I'm just saying that I'll lend you a hand if help is required. Either way, I wish you luck with the hack.

Notice how I had very little to criticize about this hack? Well, you should feel proud of yourself, because I tend to notice even the smallest bugs. =P 'Course I noticed a couple of more glitches than the one in Ilex Forest, but I can't remember any of them right now, so they probably weren't anything too big. Keep at it, Zel. This is by far the best hack around in my opinion. I'm in love with your scripts. <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
its a great hack, im playing it now... :)!
but i have a glitch...
the girl sprite looks.... weird she has, well ill just give you a screen shot
but other than that, great game!
Hope to see more comming

Years
Ok I have said this before about the wierd beginning where I have gotten the help screen and cannot continue.

I have gotten a Rom recommended by someone who has played this game already on the same Rom and the same thing happens.

I get the screen that talks about controls then I press A to continue and a screen saying this comes up:

"Greetings! This is the HELP System. Call me up whenever and wherever you need by pressing the L or R button. The help messages change to suit the situation, so check them often, please."

I cannot get past this even pressing L or R or A

So has anyone else encountered this because I'm sure it can't be only my visualboyadvance. Or my game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back