• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Sorry I can't help about that, I really don't know what the problem could be, and seeing as many people already played the game and didn't have the same problem, the only thing I could say is what everyone knows, getting a new rom.

News, news:

Hey, I dont know what's wrong with my PC today, but it's getting a big problem and I cant startup after it's turned off for a while. I need to try again & again to make it work. That's why I'll go to the "mechanic" so they tell me what's going on and fix it.
I'm just saying that I wont have PC for some days (starting from Monday), so don't panic if I dont show up!

That is all, see ya!

Oh!, and don't worry for Shiny Gold, it's very safe in my cd-rom ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
I been thinking,why dont you use ladders in the sprout tower instead of those stairs,makes it look neater

and why dont you use FR stairs in the light house aswell

and about the burned tower,when i showed you the tileset it had burned tower tiles,with a its own set of fences around it 0_o

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
glitch

when you bring the egg back to the prof, and show it to him he jumps back in one direction only and that north. he should jump back in the oppisiote direction that you are at.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Glad to see your still doing really good on this hack! It scared me for a minute when you said you were done with it. Anyway keep going!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I been thinking,why dont you use ladders in the sprout tower instead of those stairs,makes it look neater

and why dont you use FR stairs in the light house aswell

and about the burned tower,when i showed you the tileset it had burned tower tiles,with a its own set of fences around it 0_o

There are many things that I decided because, to my eyes, looks nice, and are easier. Since all of this are Betas there may be changes...

Hmm, the big ladders look better, but break a bit the layout for the tower (I'd need to redo all the floors, hmmm). By the way, I still consider the tiles for Sprout Tower temporary. The small stairs in the lighthouse only use one tile, which is enough, and I like them. I like to mantain a bit of "retro" look in some things, and if they mean to make my life a bit easier, it's better. But, perhaps sometime I could change them. I will decide it, though.

when you bring the egg back to the prof, and show it to him he jumps back in one direction only and that north. he should jump back in the oppisiote direction that you are at.

Hmm...

More glitches? What did I say? Anyway, I think I tried all the combinations for the applymovement command and I havent found the rest of the "jump backwards" commands. Also I'd need to know where the player is located to know where to make him jump, which is a pain for me... (but perhaps could be a fixed for when almost all is ready, and perfections are left). No more glitches, please!

I don't know how long will be the wait for me to recover my PC. I hope it's not long. Until then!

Peace!

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Another victim of they're computer problems. I hope that problem gets fixed soon for you. Computer troubles are the worst, huh? Best wishes for you bud.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
I had not problems with getting to ROM to work. And the game is great! I've wished that they should make a G/S/C remake, and all becausing of hacking my dream came true. There's no doubt about it - it's the closest thing to the original! Must have taken ages to do script it, and it is all worth while!

However, does the hack go all the way back to the Kanto region? Because that lake going to Kanto is cut-off. Other than that, thank you very much for making Shiny Gold! It's the greatest!

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
again, he blocked off that building to mahogany town because its not finished yet, just go west to olivine city, after you finish that, play it again! because that is it! beta is over, or just train!

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Well, it's going to be ages before it's fully complete...then I'll be ready to play it! I just can't wait...it's the best way re-enjoy a game classic...!

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
you know what would be cool zel? since (supposedly) nintendo workers like your hack, and pass the news about your hack at their buildings, someone would like it alot and try to get it available to download full credit to you on the wii!!!!

Years
you know what would be cool zel? since (supposedly) nintendo workers like your hack, and pass the news about your hack at their buildings, someone would like it alot and try to get it available to download full credit to you on the wii!!!!

Whoa, I don't know what your smoking, but that wont happen, since if the Nintendo's "little people" report to "headquarters", then Zel could be sued for counterfrauding a copyrighted company. Hence forth, a GBA game on the Wii? That wouldnt be very fun. Unless graphics went way up.

If you actually mean that Nintendo would like the story, its pretty much the same, so, they probably wont get excited over something that was changed slightly. What with Carlos apearing in the game and all.

And I bet if Nintendos workers wanted to, they can just make their own "remake" of Pokemon Gold, since they have all the equipment and technology to do it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Sooo...
about my problem with the wonky girl sprite? is that just a rom problem or is it in the actuall hack?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 14, 2009
I think it's because she has no pallet to use. Didn't Zel mention to not using the girl?

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
Whoa, I don't know what your smoking, but that wont happen, since if the Nintendo's "little people" report to "headquarters", then Zel could be sued for counterfrauding a copyrighted company. Hence forth, a GBA game on the Wii? That wouldnt be very fun. Unless graphics went way up.

If you actually mean that Nintendo would like the story, its pretty much the same, so, they probably wont get excited over something that was changed slightly. What with Carlos apearing in the game and all.

And I bet if Nintendos workers wanted to, they can just make their own "remake" of Pokemon Gold, since they have all the equipment and technology to do it.

oh yeah forgot about all that copyrighting thing hehe, but still it would be cool

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 14, 2009
You can choose her, but it'll just bring up a bad pallet, her sprite wasn't replaced with Crystal yet from what I could assume.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2007
this game is really awesome......probably one of the best hacks i've ever seen. Good job Zel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back