• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Discussions & Debates Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Bloodex said:
As for me crashing at someone else's house, unfortunately not. I'm not too worried about that part anymore though, I'll just leave the party early after I've had my fill. HOPEFULLY my parents will be asleep, so on the chance I do get drunk, they won't see it. Quite honestly, I'm more worried about the possibility of a hangover. I have no idea how those work, but if my friends and the movie is anything to go by, it doesn't look so pretty.

Also, how obvious is it when one's drunk? Tipsy? Buzzed?

Love you all for the help, by the way! <3

I'd say you need to reach a fair level of drunkenness (as in, actually drunk; with most people, tipsy won't do it) to experience a noticeable hangover. Bear in mind, though, that this is coming from someone with a good amount of alcohol experience. Adding onto what Jake said, one of the huge tips I'd use is to not mix your types of alcohol (don't confuse this with mixed drinks - those are fine!). This is mostly from personal experience and the experience of some others, but I find that if I stick to just one type of drink, I rarely get hungover while if I have several different types, I'm a huge mess in the morning. Really, though, the key to avoiding hangovers is careful moderation while drinking.

As for your other question about how obvious it is - it's obvious if someone knows you well and knows what you're like under the influence of alcohol. Given what you've said already, people don't know the second part of this so they might be able to guess. Or, they might just think you're in a really good mood! In any case, if you only drink enough to be on the edge of tipsy, the feeling won't last long and you'll soon be back to your normal self and you may not even end up drinking that much. Alcohol doesn't have an instant effect and small quantities of it may have no effect at all! Honestly, I'd recommend you don't aim to get tipsy at all, were you to drink at this party.

What Jake said applies again if you want to drink alcohol and avoid changes to your behaviour; eating before drinking provides something to 'soak up' the alcohol and staggering your drinking with water will dilute the alcohol and make it have a lesser impact on you. One thing to note, though, is that alcohol is a fairly powerful diuretic - constant toilet breaks is a fair sign that someone could have been drinking, and a lot of water won't help you hide this very well. Once again, though, drinking carefully is the best way forward here!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Drink an equal amount of water for the amount of beer you have (a pint for a pint.) That's my rule and I never get hangovers. Other than that everything Razor Leaf is saying is really valid so follow his words of wisdom.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, all those tops went out the window. My friend just said that he wasn't going, and he's the one that was gonna stay sober. Looks like I'm not going either. :c

Thanks for all the help, though, guys! I'll keep it in mind for next time. ;D

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Though you do realize that you could pop in for an hour, not drink, and get home at a decent time so your parents wouldn't be angry.
I'm just surprised that going to the whole party for you seems to be dependent on one other person going or not, especially with this much consideration over drinking or not.

Either way, whatever you decide, I hope you are safe tomorrow night :3

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, he's my best friend, so we sorta stick together.

And it's not just that he left, actually. Might as well say what happened, they never announced a venue until yesterday. And the saddest part is that the original venue, which was within walking distance from my school, cancelled at the last minute saying the partyheads needed a license from the fire department, which the obviously couldn't get. So they moved the party to Brooklyn, which is REALLY far from my house. So I guess it's better that I don't go. Even if I could, tickets abruptly sold out thanks to the move from venues.

Oh well :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back