• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
By the way Zel: in the First post of this topic, there stands: "toursim" instead of "tourism"

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Ok I have a problem.

When I patch Fire Red with your patch, I start to play and I press START and The "Rom Image Crashes"

I figured it was due to a bad Fire Red Rom, I downloaded another and the emulator started and instantly got a white screen and a message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

I downloaded yet another Fire Red Rom and started it and then immediatly I pressed START and I got the message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

So I figured either I am having really bad luck with downloading bad roms or it's something else I don't think I am aware of. (If it has been mentioned please forgive me for not wanting to look at 102 pages of posts or look at my screen really close and getting eye problems looking at the bug list)

I use Nocash (The newest Freeware version) Does there have to be certain settings for it to work ?

I use the normal Shiny Gold download(Not the hard version).

Any Help ?

Years
Ok I have a problem.

When I patch Fire Red with your patch, I start to play and I press START and The "Rom Image Crashes"

I figured it was due to a bad Fire Red Rom, I downloaded another and the emulator started and instantly got a white screen and a message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

I downloaded yet another Fire Red Rom and started it and then immediatly I pressed START and I got the message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

So I figured either I am having really bad luck with downloading bad roms or it's something else I don't think I am aware of. (If it has been mentioned please forgive me for not wanting to look at 102 pages of posts or look at my screen really close and getting eye problems looking at the bug list)

I use Nocash (The newest Freeware version) Does there have to be certain settings for it to work ?

I use the normal Shiny Gold download(Not the hard version).

Any Help ?

This may be due to a bad header of the rom which is the result of patching it with shinygold.
If that's the case you need to fix the header using the original rom.
I used the program gbata7-en to patch the rom and to fix the header however fixing the header overwrites the original rom so better backup it first.

Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Thanks I just downloaded that program (gbata7-en) I just use that to patch it and the start menu works fine now :)

I'm guessing it may have been the patcher I was using(Ipswin 2.0) but I have no idea, but anyways Thanks :)

Tenzou

~Ten...
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2009
You may download it from WAH, or here. By the way, it's a patch.
Here you go, hope it works.

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
I realize this isn't a priority, but it's something interesting to think about.
Zel, have you giving any thought to what you could do with the starting movie with the Gengar and Nidoran? It would be cool to see a new intro for Gold.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
in UNZL. it's possible to change it, but then if u do... the colors are off and the sound waves are different...

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I Wonder how he changed the world maps
I want to use the program for my hack of firered
please reply if you see this

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2009
hey, does anyone know where i can download beta 1 & 2 for shiny gold? i would like to have all 5 beta's.

idk if there even is a beta 1 & 2. im just assuming there is since the newest one is called beta 5.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
i don't think they have it anymore it's just beta5 now with everything beta4,3,2,and 1 had and more.

Btw what im talking about is after you beat the E4 and carlos and after the credits roll the game doesn't put me at new bark town it just goes back to the previous save file which was be4 the E4 And it won't save after i beat the E4. I need to know how to get to new bark town after you beat the E4 becuae it just takes me back to the title and not back to new bark town so help anyone? My emulator save type is flash 128k so can anyone help me out?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2009
dang. cause i like having older things even though beta 5 has everything so far. its something i do a lot with things like this

yoni159

a ... nvm/np
Years
hey, does anyone know where i can download beta 1 & 2 for shiny gold? i would like to have all 5 beta's.

idk if there even is a beta 1 & 2. im just assuming there is since the newest one is called beta 5.

well beta4 is still on the older thread, and you can download beta 2 in spanish in WAH.

Back