• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Is there a way to increase the ammount of available moves a POKEMON can have in YAPE? I want bulbasaur to be able to learn more then 13 moves but YAPE won't let me change that ....
You have to delete some moves that other Pokémon learn. For example, if you delete one of Deoxys's moves the available moves will go up by 1.

MrSandman64

Pokemon Moon Creator
Years
Does anybody know how to get rid of the weird messed up squares that come up on the title screen after following DawnRyder's tutorial on how to edit the fire red title screen?

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
PPRE - Project Pokemon ROM Editor Help

Im using PPRE to edit some new pokemon into Platinum. The only thing I can't seem to change is the pokemon's name. I'll delete the old name, type in a new name and hit save, but it doesn't change at all. I'm using PPRE14 Beta I believe. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I have a really big problem that prevent me from hacking my game. I can't have it fixed X_x
Spoiler:

Bumping this. I really need help ;w;

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
MrSandman64 said:
Does anybody know how to get rid of the weird messed up squares that come up on the title screen after following DawnRyder's tutorial on how to edit the fire red title screen?

Try adding 16 '00' bytes to the end of the raw file.

Sark said:
Bumping this. I really need help ;w;

I did the same steps as you and it works fine. Try it again on a clean ROM. If it works, then there is probably something wrong with your modified ROM.

Felgrand89 said:
Hey Sark, is that a sprite editor for Black and White?

No. Advanced Series is for the Advance generation games.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I tried with a clean rom, redownloaded at least 10 FR roms, 1.0 and 1.1, downloaded the tool again, it doesn't work ;w;

Also, I have windows 7, is that a problem? I activated Microsoft .net 3.5, by the way?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Sark said:
I tried with a clean rom, redownloaded at least 10 FR roms, 1.0 and 1.1, downloaded the tool again, it doesn't work ;w;

Also, I have windows 7, is that a problem? I activated Microsoft .net 3.5, by the way?

Hmmm. That's really strange. I'm on Windows 7 so that's not the problem. I don't know about Microsoft .net 3.5, but I doubt it's the problem.

Felgrand89 said:
I ment the program that has Axew on it

That's still Advanced Series.

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Ive tested Johtomap as a map and event editor for a Pokemon Silver ROM, I like the tool, its amazing for map editing.

However, I face a few issues, such as Map name changing (To a custom name), some issues with tileset editing but the main problem is events. I do not know how to add my own events and ARGH.

Is there an alternative to Johtomap people can link me to please? I searched but can't find anything... Cheers!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Hmmm. That's really strange. I'm on Windows 7 so that's not the problem. I don't know about Microsoft .net 3.5, but I doubt it's the problem.

If only Wichu was still here... Anyway, tried on XP, it works... However, I can't use the xp computer... Any ideas on what's the problem? My computer? :/

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
If only Wichu was still here... Anyway, tried on XP, it works... However, I can't use the xp computer... Any ideas on what's the problem? My computer? :/
Try downloading .net 4.0 and if it still doesn't work try downloading the older versions of .net framework... :)

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
MrSandman64 said:
@shinyabsol1:Thanks for the response but how would I go about doing that?

Open the .raw file in a hex editor, go to the bottom, and make a new row of 16 00s. Save. Then insert the .raw.

PokemonMasters said:
if your using the day and night system, and its night time, is it possible to make light to come up through some spaces? (like windows and lamps)

Yes. There is a tutorial in the tutorial section (by Wesley FG, I believe) on how to do this.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Is there any other way to change the original name of a pokemon inn Platinum version, because PPRE is not working for me.

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
I was wondering how I would go about making the night cycle the only cycle in my ROM hack of Fire Red w/JPAN's patch. Would it require ASM, XSE, or just simply hex editing? I can try and go from there. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back