• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ego or Pride

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
what do you think is the difference?? and would your ego stop you from admitting your faults? would it make you go far just because you don't want to show how you really feel?? talk about what you think about both Ego and pride.

Years
Ego is kind of like pride turned outward. Anyone can be proud of themselves for whatever reason, but when you act unnecessarily proud, or are proud of something that you shouldn't be so proud of, or when you let your pride keep you from seeing the good and the accomplishments of other people, then that's ego. Ego is more selfish. Pride doesn't have to involve other people.

I have some problems with my pride and I'll try to keep from letting my ignorance on something show even if I start to get too deep into whatever it is, but it's got limits and I'll stop after a short while (usually).

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I think for the most part, excessive egos belong to those who have inferiority complexes. I base this almost entirely on a friend of mine who bigs up absolutely everything about himself he possibly can but gets incredibly embarrassed when his faults are mentioned and desperately tries to cover them up. With only one person to study I guess I can't say all people with excessive egos are really the opposite of it inside, but a lot of them are for sure.

As regards my own pride / ego, I am proud when I achieve something, yes. And I do tell other people if I achieve something too (I would put that down to a childhood lack of positive reinforcement - WOE IS ME etc), but it's never in a "HAHA I'M SO GOOD" way, it's just "wow I did [insert positive thingy] I'm so happy", so I don't think I come across as egotistical. At least I hope I don't.

But that's entirely irrelevant oh dear. Actual answer to question: I think your ego is what you think of yourself no matter how bad or good it is. Pride and shame are the two sides to the ego, I think.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Ego is when someone thinks too highly of themselves, pride is simply being proud of your own accomplishments. Ego is like pushing it in everyone's face.

The "official" (aka Google) definition of ego is "a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance". Everyone has an ego, some are just "bigger" than others.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Ego is thinking highly of yourself
Pride is thinking highly of your actions
IMO, but I think both are just as bad, and annoying xD

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
different opinions and great thinking,everyone! ^^

for me..Pride is something we all have or at least we all need to have "as sadly some people have no pride" it's something keep us doing the right things so no one treat us wrong because we hate when people judge us..and that's okay!

Ego is the bad turning of pride...you know,when you do something wrong and you keep doing it just because you think it's right however you know it's wrong...simply "never admit your faults" which leads you later to more troubles not just in life but also troubles between you and yourself....it's great to keep your pride and greater to admit your faults when you hurt someone cuz then pride has nothing to do with apologizing for what you did!

Pride is awesome

Ego is snow white step mother lol

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Yes, I would say I have a big ego in one thing I do, I'll admit it. Pride however, a few things here and there.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
I think ego is a part of persons persona. A kind of mirror that reflects the inside out...but little distordetly. I mean an ego is something a person uses to protect their mental health. Like covering his/her fault. It is also a little about how he/she views him/herself. And pride I think is when you are proud of your accomplishments, success etc. It can also be negative. If you are too proud that is...

Back