• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Hora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumino

'Experienced' Spriter?
Years
Right, first off, I'd like to thank several people for the creation of this fakedex. One of those people is Harkie, the one who inspired me with his wicked cool fakemon. Next would be Hullabaloo for shading my fakes and providing some awesome help. Blah! You guys know who you are, so give yourselves a big hand! ;D

Rules:
- No spam. Repeat, no spam.
- Please give some crit. :D
- I do accept ideas.
- No posting 'dex is looking great! waiting for more!' or anything that doesn't help me improve.
- No flaming.
- I DO NOT accept sprites.
- No mods mean people. D<

I would also like it if you guys would rate.
--------------------------
You board a plane going east of Sinnoh. After a few hours of flight, you begin to see land below. You're met with an astounding sight of ...

*Drumroll*

THE HORA REGION!
The Hora region is a cold region below the north pole. It consists of a two large land masses with several small islands around them.

At the very topmost part of Hora, there is an indestructible monolith of amazing powers. This monolith led to the creation of the Hora region's legendary Pokémon. It rests beyond Neon Gate, a large mountain only open to those with amazing power. The monolith is guarded by an army of the Data Pokémon namely, Datirus, Damatrix and Matriver. It is also rumored that the legendary Nanogeddon resides inside the monolith.

The Professor lives in Evergreen town, east of Hora. Evergreen town is the birthplace of Pokémon Trainers.

20 Years Later...

A lot has changed since The Great Disaster two decades ago. Tornadoes, tsunamis and floods swept across the region. Before that, Hora was surrounded by a blinding mist and fog. The tornadoes and floods took the mist away and allowed people to explore the outer borders of Hora.

Now, the New Hora, as others call it, is so advanced in technology. It's largest city is filled with life even at the latest night hours. The city can be seen from the skies, therefore, giving it the name Aurora City.
Game Storyline:
One night you are stargazing with your father. It is the night before you will become a trainer. With your father talking to you, you fall into a deep sleep.

You wake up as you realize it's the day you've been waiting for. You rush out of bed and change your clothes (which you can choose from a variety of styles. ;D). You have a quick chat with your mother and your elder sister/brother helps you get to the lab.

Once at the lab, you are told that the Professor is out in the route just outside Evergreen Town. You and your sister/brother decide to go and look for him.

-To Be Continued-
A Bird's Eye View of Hora:
Hora2.png

Pokémon/Fakemon
All Sprites © to Ash Ketchup/Lumino unless stated.
Hora_Dex.png

Tropeed:
grass1.png

Name: Tropeed
Species: Grass Nibbler Pokemon
Type:
Grass.png

Class: Non-legendary
Description:
Tropeed are timid Pokemon that never interact with what they think are stronger Pokemon. Inside their cowardly exterior, they hide a fierce determination to be the strongest.
Evolution Line:
Tropeed - Terrove - Arborus

Terrove:
Grass_Starter_2nd_Stage_by_Ash___Ketchup.gif

Name: Terrove
Species: Leaf Eater Pokemon
Type:
Grass.png

Description:
Terrove are constantly eating leaves for preparation for evolving into a large Arborus. They can move quickly through land with their clawed feet.
Evolution Line:

Arborus:
th_Arborus__3rd_Grass_Starter_by_Ash__.gif

Name: Arborus
Species: Forest Grazer Pokemon
Type:
Grass.png

Description:
Arborus are normally docile Pokemon that only attack when angered. They roam the valleys in groups, feasting on tall plants. They are surprisingly fast for their size.
Evolution Line:

Tortastle:
Tortastle.png

Name: Tortastle
Species: Fortress Tortoise Pokemon
Type:
Fire.png
Rock.png

Description:
Tortastle are one of the hardest kinds of Pokemon in the world. They possess an incredibly tough carapace and shell that can only be really damaged by water attacks. They can unleash a fiery rage once angered.
Evolution Line:
Terandle - Magmurtle - Tortastle

Newtubble:
Newtubble-3.gif

Name: Newtubble
Species: Bubble Newt Pokemon
Type:
Water.png

Description:
Newtubble wallow in rivers and streams. Their belly sac contains water needed for hydration.
Evolution Line:
Aquamp - Newtubble - Salasmack

Salasmack:
Salasmack-7.gif

Name: Salasmack
Species: Fight Salamander Pokemon
Type:
Water.png
Fighting.png

Description:
Salasmack are almost always entered in Smack Tournaments across Hora. Their forelimbs can lift a truck off the ground easily. They have very high endurance and can fight for several hours.
Evolution Line:
Aquamp - Newtubble - Salasmack

Spectoot:
Spectoot-1.png

Name: Spectoot
Species: Spectral Shoot Pokemon
Type:
Grass.png
Ground.png

Description:
Spectoot sprout out of the ground during the months of Spring. They have gained the ability to quickly move through soil because of the threadlike projections on their roots.
Evolution Line:
Spectoot - Spectearth

Maglunt:
Maglunt.gif

Name: Maglunt
Species: Ember Ant Pokemon
Type:
Fire.png
Bug.png

Description:
Maglunt are a common sight in warm forests throughout Hora. They feed off sap and berries until they mature into Chargnite or Infress.
Evolution Line:
Maglunt (Male) -> Chargnite -> Empirant
Maglunt (Female) -> Infress -> Monaduro

Chargnite:
Chargnite.gif

Name: Chargnite
Species: Fire Ant Pokemon
Type:
Fire.png
Bug.png

Description:
Chargnite are competitive Pokemon. They fight their own kind to be the dominant Pokemon in the colony. Their flame collar reflects their mood and it can be cool or scorching.
Evolution Line:
Maglunt (Male) - Chargnite - Empirant

Curlug:
Curlug.gif

Name: Curlug
Species: Roller Pokemon
Type:
Bug.png
Ground.png

Description:
Curlug are able to form a hard, protective ball using their shell. They almost always use Rollout.
Evolution Line:
Curlug -> ???

Sombero:
Sombero.gif

Name: Sombero
Species: Sombrero Cactus Pokemon
Type:
Poison.png
Grass.png

Description:
Sombero were imported to Hora a long time ago from a hot desert region. They now roam the driest parts of Hora.
Evolution Line:
Sombero -> Dasparadu

Dasparadu:
Dasparadu_by_Ash___Ketchup.gif

Name: Sombero
Species: Shootout Pokemon
Type:
Poison.png
Grass.png

Description:
Dasparadu are capable of firing prickles from their arms. They have low accuracy, but can attack consecutively.
Evolution Line:
Sombero -> Dasparadu

Crastit:
crastitrevamp2-1.png

Name: Crastit
Species: Thief Crab Pokemon
Type:
Water.png

Description:
Crastit reside in small nautilus shells they find on the sea bottom. They stay most of their time beneath the sand and occasionally use their claws to nip at the toes of swimmers.
Evolution Line:
Crastit - Lobandit - Hermitull

Sportfish:
sport.png

Name: Sportfish
Species: Adaption Pokemon
Type:
Water.png

Description:
Sportfish tend to change appearance according to place, and weirdly enough, they take on the forms of spherical and round objects.
Evolution Line:
Sportfish

Whispeon:
Whispeon.png

Name: Whispeon
Species: Vibrant Wind Pokemon
Type:
Flying.png

Description:
Whispeon are experts of the sky. They are so rare that only a few trainers in the world have them.
Evolution Line:
Eevee -> Whispeon (lvl up in Air Highway)

Solea:
Fireseahorse.png

Name: Solea
Species: Solar Seahorse Pokemon
Type:
Fire.png
Water.png

Description:
Solea live in groups along with their evolutionary forms. They feed on corals growing on the seabed.
Evolution Line:
Solea -> Seacorch -> ???

Seascorch:
spiffything.png

Name: Seascorch
Species: Solar Seahorse Pokemon
Type:
Fire.png
Water.png

Description:
Seacorch dwell in coral reefs in the ocean. They prey on smaller and slower creatures like Magikarp.
Evolution Line:
Solea -> Seacorch -> ???

Gummiwurm:
wormy.png

Name: Gummiwurm
Species: Gum Worm Pokemon
Type:
Ground.png

Description:
Gummiwurm have elastic bodies which can stretch freely. They can burrow underground and wrap themselves upon their foes.
Evolution Line:
Gummiwurm

Blazectral:
Blazectral.png

Name: Blazectral
Species: Spectral Fire Pokemon
Type:
Fire.png
Ghost.png

Description:
Blazectral are wandering balls of flame. They appear during the night as they can form ghostly apparitions at that time. They are tricksters who lead wandering people to uncharted places.
Evolution Line:
Blazectral

Wobelly: (Made by DA)
Wobelly-1.gif

Name: Wobelly
Species: Intellect Pokemon
Type:
Psychic.png
Dark.png

Description:
Wobelly are strangely and exponentially smarter than Wobbuffet. They can levitate objects easily with their mind.
Evolution Line:
Wynaut - Wobbuffet - Wobelly

Drifoo:
Drifoo.gif

Name: Drifoo
Species: Balloon Pokemon
Type:
Normal.png

Description:
Drifoo love to stay near windmills high up on hills to protect themselves from other Pokemon. Drifoo are timid creatures but with proper training, they can be lifelong partners.
Evolution Line:
Drifoo - Drifloon - Drifblim

Keckle:
Keckle.gif

Name: Keckle
Species: Small Lizard Pokemon
Type:
Normal.png

Description:
Keckle are hyperactive, mischievous, and loved by children. They can cling onto almost any surface and can change their color once they are about a year old. People try not to touch their tongue as a sticky substance is secreted from it.
Evolution Line:
Keckle - Keckleon

Sevoba:
Sevoba.gif

Name: Sevoba
Species: Toxin Boa Pokemon
Type:
Poison.png
Dark.png

Description:
Sevoba are rare Pokemon that dwell at the southern reaches of Hora. Their poison is more potent then that of a Muk and Arbok combined. They are known to take down the largest of Pokemon with their sharp fangs.
Evolution Line:
Seviper - Sevoba

Vespiking:
vespiking-1.png

Name: Vespiking
Species: Hornet Lord Pokemon
Type:
Bug.png
Flying.png

Description:
The number of Vespiking in a Combee hive in maximum is two. They fly at 50 kms. per hour. They are highly territorial.
Evolution Line:
Combee (Male) - Vespiking
Combee (Female) - Vespiquen

Vumpish:
vumpish.png

Name: Vumpish
Species: Squid Pokemon
Type:
Water.png
Dark.png

Description:
Vumpish can be found in deep oceanic trenches in Hora. They are like vampires, sucking nutrients out of unwary Pokemon.
Evolution Line:
Vumpish - Vampeus

Marrebel:
Marrebel-6.gif

Name: Marrebel
Species: Bone Warrior Pokemon
Type:
Ground.png

Description:
Marrebel fight each other in a never ending quest for dominance. They constantly dig around for better bones to replace their club.
Evolution Line:
Cubone - Marowak - Marrebel

Suckitch:
leech6841451843-iaza.gif

Name: Suckitch
Species: Leech Pokemon
Type:
Ground.png

Description:Suckitch lurk under damp mud near riverbanks. Once a living creature steps on them, they cling to the creature, sucking the blood out of it.
Evolution Line:
Suckitch - ???

Reptilidoo
Reptilidoo-1.gif

Name: Reptilidoo
Species: Tribal Voodoo Pokemon
Type:
Psychic.png

Description:
Reptilidoo are manipulators of Voodol. They reside in isolated jungles and command an individual Voodol using the doll at the end of their tails.
Evolution Line:
Reptilidoo

Lapetit
petit-1.png

Name: Lapetit
Species: Baby Cruiser Pokemon
Type:
Water.png

Description:
Lapetit are very timid Pokemon that stick close to their group. They flock around coral reefs to feed on fish or marine plants. Although they are fast swimmers, they do not yet have the strength to carry their trainers on their backs for water transport.
Evolution Line:
Lapetit -> Lapras
Lapetit -> Kelpessie (lvl up while in Kelp Forest)

Kelpessie
Kelpessie-2.gif

Name: Kelpessie
Species: Kelp Cruiser Pokemon
Type:
Water.png
Grass.png

Description:
Evolved in a different environment from a Lapras, Kelpessie are more versatile and can fight off against other water Pokemon due to their type variation. Every spring, Kelpessie gather in the oceans to mate.
Evolution Line:
Lapetit -> Kelpessie (lvl up while in Kelp Forest)
Lapetit -> Lapras

Wyvorn:
Wyvern1374331632-iaza.gif

Name: Wyvorn
Species: Thorn Wyvern Pokemon
Type:
Grass.png
Flying.png

Description:
A Pokemon encased in a tough, thorny shell. It is capable of creating gusts of wind with its powerful wings.
Evolution Line:
??? - ??? - Wyvorn

Erupthyrm:
Erup.png

Name: Erupthyrm
Species: Rage Pokemon
Type:
Fire.png

Description:
Gifted with incredible speed and strength, this Pokemon has won many battles, whether in the wild or in tournaments. They live in the volcanic belt, a far ways from the Hora mainland.
Evolution Line:
??? - ??? - Erupthyrm

Trojagon:
Trojagon.gif

Name: Trojagon
Species: Trojan Virus Pokemon
Type:
Dark.png
Electric.png

Description:
Trojagon first emerged when Porygon 2 were subdued to experimental tests in hacking. They can freely travel in cyberspace and exit it through any object that needs power or batteries to run. They can manipulate electric currents.
Evolution Line:
Porygon -> Porygon 2 -> Porygon Z
Porygon -> Porygon 2 -> Trojagon (lvl up while in Test Lab)

Datirus:
Datirus.png

Name: Datirus
Species: Metal Float Pokemon
Type:
Dark.png
Steel.png

Description:
Datirus are able to hover in the air and transmit signals to others of its kind. They use their 'arms' as weapons when fighting.
Evolution Line:
Datirus - Damatrix - Matriver

Damatrix:
Damatrix.gif

Name: Damatrix
Species: Living Metal Pokemon
Type:
Dark.png
Steel.png

Description:
Damatrix are made up of non-rusting metal that can be stretched. Damatrix posses the power to merge with other natural metals for a short time. They posses the innate capability to hover in the air.
Evolution Line:
Datirus - Damatrix - Matriver

Hydrogon:
Hydrogon.gif

Name: Hydrogon
Species: Primordial Ocean Pokemon
Type:
Water.png
Dragon.png

Class: Legendary
Description:
A Pokemon of ancient origin, Hydrogon is portrayed in legends and folklore. When angered, it can cause tsunamis and floods all over the region. A very powerful Pokemon, it is a Trainer's dream to catch it.
Evolution Line:
Hydrogon

Pywyrm:
Pywyrm-2.gif

Name: Pywyrm
Species: Primordial Blaze Pokemon
Type:
Fire.png
Dragon.png

Description:
A Pokemon originating from the earth's core itself, Pywyrm is the embodiment of heat and magma. When enraged, it creates giant lava eruptions.
Evolution Line:
Pywyrm

Galactoid:
Enigmoid.gif

Name: Galactoid
Species: Black Void Pokemon
Type:
Dark.png
Mystery.png

Description:
Once a millenia, a swarm of Galactoid proceed from the darkness of space. They can bend reality at will. They cannot be touched by the ordinary types, so it's best to use the elements against them. Highly dangerous.
Evolution Line:
Galactoid

Nanogeddon:
Legend9048866435-iaza.gif

Name: Nanogeddon
Species: Ultimate Virus Pokemon
Type:
Dark.png
Dragon.png

Description:
Ripping through the cyber dimensions, Nanogeddon is free to manipulate itself and its surroundings. Once it appears, rumors say that the sky goes dark. It resides within Neon Gate.
Evolution Line:
Nanogeddon
----------------
Advertising:
If you support this region, please put this in your signature:
Ordinary Button

--------------
The Long Awaited Credits:
Ash Ketchup- Main spriter
Hullabaloo- Shading guy
Nikolas- Game maker (?)
Dr.Ko- Numbering the fakedex
Hark, and all the other spriters out there- Inspiration

Last edited:

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
I have to say this looks amazing I like the trainers and I especially love the fakemon my favorite has to be Galactoid that sprite is amazing. :D

Lumino

'Experienced' Spriter?
Years
Did this die in my absence? ;_;

Anywho, update time.

lukefull.png

The main hero of Hora. His name's Luke. Oh, and he DOES have a right arm. It's still a WIP

FIN-13.gif

The main heroine of Hora. Her name's Val.

Sombero.gif

Sombero. Aka Mexican Shooting Cacti! :D

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
Years
woot! i like the mix between fire and water you made with seascorch. very good sprites and i love the update. are you gonna realease more fakemon soon?

new suporter!

Years
I'm sorry I can't give you C+C. ;_; It's just so good!
It doesn't match the original pokemon style, just I do like your specific style. Even if the little eyes creep me out.
Those animated trainers are interesting, 'specially the speaking one.

I want a Kelpessie. :o

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
Years
Nice work^^ I especially like Maglunt and its evoloution. Oh and one other thing:
I had to smile, when I read the name of "Gummiwurm" since it´s an existing word in german language and it simply is weird to see an existing word being used as apokemon name^^
But since this is an english forum, it doesn´t matter that much, I think.

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
Nice to see you here. :) (this is Seika)
Upon seeing the new stuff, you've been improving a lot lately. I'm still going to make a Trojagon sort of thing... eventually. XD
Generally you're still doing a tad bit of pillowshading. Try to work on that.

Lumino

'Experienced' Spriter?
Years
Wow, thanks for the comments and posts, guys! :3

Anyway, here's some new sprites.

The Hero:
Luke-3.png

The Rival:
Isaac-2.gif

I've some newer grass starters planned too. I have only the second and third stage at the moment.

Second Stage:
Terramal.gif

Arborus:
Arborus2.gif

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
hehe... Omega trainer "Nikolas"...
anyway, the sprites are just wonderful! teh shading, the shapes, the ideas... it's just too good for a C+C :P

Years
I must say I like these very much :D not much to crit.
I do have one small thing:
Whispeon.png
Whispeon
Clever idea, and a flying Eeveelution = TOTAL GLEE!
But I think the nose looks a little off-centre. Imagine if it looked at you face-on. It's nose would be noticeably to the side.
Also, I dont know why the body gets strangely thinner.. Apart from that, terrific job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back