• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I remember hearing that you can't trade/transfer items from Heartgold/Soulsilver to Black or White.

Is this true? If not how would I do this?

I want the items to help with EV training but getting enough battle points is taking a while.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I remember hearing that you can't trade/transfer items from Heartgold/Soulsilver to Black or White.

Is this true? If not how would I do this?

I want the items to help with EV training but getting enough battle points is taking a while.

Nope, nothing from any past generations. Only way to do it is through hacking/ARing/etc.

B/W does provide a lot of items for trainers though, so they should be good enough tbh.

Years

Nope, nothing from any past generations. Only way to do it is through hacking/ARing/etc.

B/W does provide a lot of items for trainers though, so they should be good enough tbh.

Ah that sucks, will have to keep on with the battle tower before I can start EV training my Pokemon, EV training is far too tedious without the Power anklets/bracelets etc

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2011
Does Baton Pass pass the effects of Grip Claw?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

The Grip Claw is an item, so no. Baton Pass only passes stat changes. You can put the Grip Claw on the Pokemon you will be Baton Passing to, however.

Is rebattling possible in B/W?

Not most trainers, but you can find trainers every day in the Nimbassa City stadiums, you can battle trainers on the Ferris Wheel also in Nimbassa City, in Opelucid city there is a house in which you can do a Triple/Rotation battle every day, and in Pokemon Black there will be trainers that you can battle in Black City. Also, you can rebattle the Elite Four as much as you want and battle the rich boy in the Undella Town villa every day.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2011
how do you watch saved battles?

nvm found it, you have to use the VS recorder

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Will the Japan disaster have any effect on when the B-W events (Mello, Keldo, Genosect) be released in Japan-then-beyond ?

It might, but it would probably be minimal or not at all. I'm only saying this because it did push back the release of the Global Link, but no one can no for sure. It probably wont though.

Volcom22

Weepingbell Collector.. ^.^
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
So recently I got into online battleling and found my main problem was I didn't have any EVs on any of my Pokemon. I've been killing several of the mentioned EV areas and I notice no change in stats! ): If anyone can PM and let me know I'd truly appreciate it!

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Supposedly all Pokemon on the GTS in B/W are legit right? I just got a shiny Giratina lvl 33 in an Ultra Ball...and its from Sinnoh. Call me crazy, there's no place to get a lvl 33 Giratina there...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Supposedly all Pokemon on the GTS in B/W are legit right? I just got a shiny Giratina lvl 33 in an Ultra Ball...and its from Sinnoh. Call me crazy, there's no place to get a lvl 33 Giratina there...

There is, an event Arceus was given out over wifi iirc anyway, this Arceus let's you go to the Sinjoh ruins, (Which is ruins between Sinnoh and Johto) with the Arceus in your party, you can choose to acquire one of the Sinnoh trio at Level 1 (Giratina, Dialga, Palkia)

Note : It was given out during HG/SS

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
There is, an event Arceus was given out over wifi iirc anyway, this Arceus let's you go to the Sinjoh ruins, (Which is ruins between Sinnoh and Johto) with the Arceus in your party, you can choose to acquire one of the Sinnoh trio at Level 1 (Giratina, Dialga, Palkia)

Note : It was given out during HG/SS

Ok sorry, I left out one little detail...its in an Ultra Ball.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
Years
I read there's a dig tm on the desert road and a dream eater tm in the dream yard.
and a tm in the cold storage(can't remember which one). I've been all over the desert including the resort and all over the cold storage including team plasma's hiding place. where are those blasted tms? and how do I get the one in the dream yard, I accidentally evolved my munna too soon for a hypnosis/dream eater combo

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Ok sorry, I left out one little detail...its in an Ultra Ball.

Its probably not legit.. Also, the egg event was in Johto, not Sinnoh.

I read there's a dig tm on the desert road and a dream eater tm in the dream yard.
and a tm in the cold storage(can't remember which one). I've been all over the desert including the resort and all over the cold storage including team plasma's hiding place. where are those blasted tms? and how do I get the one in the dream yard, I accidentally evolved my munna too soon for a hypnosis/dream eater combo

Dig is indeed in the Desert on Route 4. Go on the road that leads toward the Desert Resort and enter the first house there. Talk to the people and you should get the TM. Dream Eater can be found after the main storyline is finished, and it is in the Dream Yard Underground. In the Cold Storage, you can find a TM (Scald) in the main area and after the main story you can find a sage there and he will give you Hone Claws. Hope that helps :D

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
EDIT: Sorry...didn't see the above post.
So then B/W GTS isn't safe...

nope, Ive gotten hacks too. reshiram that knew fusion bolt. a little skeptical.

Yeah, it's probably extremely hard to monitor hacks on risky things like the GTS. To get rare things it is probably safer to check out the trade fourms for RNG'd or Soft Reset legendaries.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
ok super stupid question here but when can u trade pokemon in the game. (not from d/p/pt/hg/ss but like white version to black) i just beat the first gym and it still wont let me.

also how do you change you trainer on wifi. i hate being a nurse

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
ok super stupid question here but when can u trade pokemon in the game. (not from d/p/pt/hg/ss but like white version to black) i just beat the first gym and it still wont let me.

also how do you change you trainer on wifi. i hate being a nurse

You have to get the Pal Pad first, I believe.

How do you get to Anville Town?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back