• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Team Rocket

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
need a mapper?

Hi, I'm applying for the mapper positon.details below.......
What I want to be called as:TAN ****
Position I'm applying for:MAPPER
PROOF OF WORK:PLS VIEW THE ATTACHMENT.......
TIME ZONE:not sure,it says UTC+12......
Reason to apply:cause team rocket ROCKZ and I wan t to hone my skills
PLEASE APPROVE ME!!!!!!
EDIT:the attachment file thingy doesn't work,please give me yr email address so I can send it to you can't post it cause its a .map file

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
If you can get together a rom base with the tiles you want and send it to me I can see if I can map out a city for you.

Ashera

Mysterious Kitsune
Years
Nickname/What you want to be called: Ashera
Position: Spriter, Mapper, Tile Maker, Thourough Beta Tester
Timezone: EST
When I'll be on: Varies
Proof of Work: See attachments. The map is called Millenium Cave. On the platform at the end is where I would have put Jirachi, had I not found out, after working on the map and its various tiles for nearly half the day, that I completely fail at overworld spriting. The blue colors of the map aren't the best though... The eeveelution is called Silveon, and the Darkrai/Cresselia splice is called Darkselia. I'm pretty good, and getting better, at making tiles.

Way of contact: PM me.
Why you want to join: I wanted to get more practice beta testing, put my spriting skills to use, and actually work on a hack for once, rather than just fiddling around with roms at home, hopelessly awful at scripting. Plus, Team Rocket is awesome.

You know, the more I think about it, the worse that shade of blue seems to get...

Last edited:

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Team Rocket (Members Needed)

Ashera, you're accepted. Sorry tan. We don't need another mapper.
A major note to everyone: Team Rocket, is done. Right now is a
tough time for me. My mom has cancer, I have a brother who is causing
of the stress. But fear not! The game is still going on. I have created
a group of people that I believe are committed to creating this, even if
they don't have alot of time to work. I even created a name for this
advanced group. Before I put anything up, I want the current teams
thoughts on this. I don't want any hard feelings. I think that with a
smaller team, this game will get farther and be alot more organized for
me (I have organization problems LOL). So a little later, I will post the
team.

Until then,
Minime010

Last edited:

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Thanks for worrying. It will take time, but i hope things will get better for me.
On a different note, today is my birthday (just felt like saying that) and i have the new team here.
Team name:
Team Rocket Elite Squad
Minime010, Soul Saint- Leaders
Members (active here):
Ashera
Dark Deo
Mr.X
UnForgiven
Unconfirmed Members (not too active here):
ML
PwnageMew
HackDeoxys

Only 2 of the unconfirmed members will join. And what does the team think? Oh, I might have forgot 1 or 2 people because my list went missing.

mukkamukka

Elite Four Champion
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Position:MAPPER
PROOF OF WORK:
C:\Users\dryburh\Pictures\Pokemon Hack\planes.PNG

Hopefully this image worked if not just chuck me ur email address and ill send it
TIME: 5PM-8PM most day GMT +10
Reason to apply:Want experience

StyxMaster

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2013
I just want to say thanks to all you guys working on it, i have been trying to find a good team rocket hack for a while, and when i found ckret's, i was hooked. later, when i learned that ckret had given up the project, i admit i was a bit dismayed, but now that i know you guys are making a full hack, i feel a lot better.

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Not accepting anymore. Mr. X, I am mapping a new scratch Pallet town so i'll give you a job soon.
EDIT: This is the scratch map of pallet town. It's unfinished, and i really want to redo it with better tiles.
PALLETTOWNscratch.jpg

Last edited:

Ashera

Mysterious Kitsune
Years
I just remapped your map, fixing any tiny tile errors along the way. I'm going to start working on some new tiles for the map now.Also, some parts will not work out properly with any possible border until I change the tiles.

Last edited:

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Yeah, I wanted you to be in the team, but you never looked at the post so you didn't reply. But yeah, If you want you are still on the team.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
My internet has been out for the past almost 2 weeks so no worries, this wasn't just me deciding the leave.

I dislike stock FR tiles. They just don't look as good as R/S tiles to me. I know that most people like FR over R tiles but still... They, to me, lack the eye appeal. FR is a remake of R/B/G so the somewhat simplistic tiles are perfect for it, just not tiles that I get overly excited about.

I'll add the eye candy to the map once you are finished modifying the tiles, decide to just use a tilebase, or go with the stock. I dislike the stock stuff, but I can still work with them.

Edit - Liking the extra space though. If you scripter is up to making the additional events (Basic talking events, a small shop) I could make it into a real town. I'm thinking additional houses, possiably a port, and a berry shop.

Last edited:

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Well I saw a few tilebases on PHO, and might use one of those but then pallet town would have to be remapped. I'm going to post a ips of the game with just pallet town so i can have either You(Mr.X) or Ashera wok on other maps. But should I redo Pallet on a better tilebase first?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Switching to a new tilebase may or may not mess up some standard maps. It just depends on how the updated tiles were added over the older ones.

Odd's are though that for a completely new tilebase, instead of a slightly modified one, some/alot of maps will have errors that would have to be fixed.

As for the demo, proably leave it with stock tiles for now. No use remapping it with new tiles until you can decide on which base you want to use.

Back