• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Neon

Switch to Ruby Hack? Note; 2 Rideable PKmn,Day/Night,Plantable Berries)

• Yeah

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 39.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Pokemon Garnet ~On Hold

"I'm not done yet Gramps."
(Alot has changed since I have to restart the hack)

pokemonneon.gif

The Return of Gary Oak.

Pokemon Neon
A hack of
i79b9z.png

Introduction
Hello. I am Xatoku, I have coded in the past but I've seen some hacks here and I want to give it a shot.

Features
What the game will include

• The story of Gary Oak
  • Rivals: Ash,Me,Cody(Game's Main Spriter),Brock,Misty,Team Magma/Aqua/Rocket,Brendan,May.
  • 2 Regions to explore : COMPLETELY REDONE Kanto aswell as Orre
  • Mewtwo and Mew as the Main Legendaries
  • Intriguing storyline
  • Alot of new Towns
  • Elite Mountain. Here you will fight elite 4 members from Kanto and Hoenn and then fight the Champ(s).
  • New Scripts
  • New music possibly
  • All starters are available
  • All legendaries from Kanto,Johto and Hoenn.
  • Growing connection to the Pokemon Special Manga.
  • Evil Guys/Girls are Team Rocket,Magma and Aqua and eventually are all under Silver's Command
  • This WILL be a tough game
  • New Berry System with Walk-In-Able Trees with rare POKEMON and berries inside!
  • Kyledove,Zel and Xiderwrong for the tileset THANK YOU

Storyline
How the games story will progress.
Spoiler:

Team
You can help. Just ask.
Xatoku

Screenshots
Progress reports via Pictures

Videos
Video content of the hack via YouTube.
Once I get some stuff done.

Progress-
How the hack is advancing.
Restarting.

Banners
Show your support with the following banners.

by Xatoku (It's a little newb but my first banner so yeah XD)
HTML:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=171376"][IMG]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9122/63017249.gif[/IMG][/url]

Polls
If I'm stuck I'll come to you guys for advice
Should Misty join Ash's party when you reach Kanto?

Awards
Spoiler:

Journal
Where I can type stuff that I have in my mind so i don't forget. Note there are spoilers in here so read at your own risk

Help

Help I need!
I need somebody to do some recolouring for me :D

Last edited:
Years
Offtopic:
Hey there is already a hack called Pokemon Neon, so you will have to change the name.

Ontopic:
The storyline is good, but i think you should add afew more features. ;)
Well good luck !

Buizel 9 ~

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Why did you make a new post? Just edit your old one o.O. This one is probably just going to be locked.
At least copy your post in this one while you can, and edit your other one so you dont have to format it again. Better safe than sorry.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
XD mah bad, Still adjusting to the PC layout haha. Looks like it was closed for lacking an introduction and storyline.

I think this hack sounds great to be honest. I would be happy to get some support bars made for it granted some screens and media pop up. :)

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Sorry for double post but, do you guys think Gary should talk in some instances or no?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
There is a pencil in the button right of your older posts, that would be the edit button ;)

Sounds like the question you should be asking is, why shouldn't he talk in come instances?

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
Well, I usually don't approve of the character(player) talking unless it's REALLY important. It's a little different here because it's supposed to be Gary, though, so as long as it's more or less in character (and not so overused that it gets annoying) it should be fine.

Also, some people (for some reason) like it when the player talks.

Eh, so, are you going to find some way so you can't play as a girl? Or how are you going to handle that?

EDIT: Just noticed your poll. Unless you come up with a REALLY good reason, it wouldn't make sense for Rocket, Aqua, and Magma to team up. Rocket is after money and power, and Aqua and Magma are after entirely OPPOSITE goals from each other. Now, if there was a management change - probably in Aqua and Magma - and Geovanni thought that the alliance would bring him personal benefit... maybe then.

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Thanks alot Kay. About the girl thing, I've had thoughts of making it only playable as Gary to be original. In no way I'm sexist but I just remember when I was young rooting for Gary all the time becuase I thought he was so cool, so I'm gonna leave the game as just Gary and then I can make a more focused storyline.

As for the teaming up thing I'm not sure too. I was thinking that Aqua and Magma would have caught the 3 Legendary Birds (Moltres,Zaptos and Articuno) and are In Johto going after the Dogs, while Giovani allready has Mewtwo he wants more and goes after the dogs aswell and then they meet and alliance.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
:D It would be more likely for them to meet and fight over the legends. Geovanni wants power - I think that's right. To tell the truth you probably know better than me because I haven't seen the anime in ages (I think they've gotten rather lame personally...). Also, I didn't think Magma and Aqua would team up - or did that happen in the Anime?

Anyway, just ideas. :)

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Well he bosses of Magma and Aqua were kind of teaming up in Emerald but yeah I like your idea of fighting over the legends. Maybe Aqua and Magma couldn't beat Giovani's Mewtwo so they look for another strong pokemon, maybe Deoxys or somebody? And blah blah blah.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
Well, in Emerald they also looked like they were ready to mend their ways and become good guys. Near the end, I mean, which is when they actually started talking to each other instead of fighting...

Of course, I always figured that once they mended their ways, then if they kept their teams together it would be to protect the environment. But I'm sure stopping Team Rocket would help protect the environment. :D

I figure if they're still bad, then they probably aren't working together yet. Although that would then be three Teams fighting over legendaries, which means all the regular people are caught in the middle of what might be considered a mob war or something...

;) Again, just throwing out ideas.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Sweet it was moved :) Thanks Cierra

On Topic: Do you guys want May or Dawn to travel /w Ash and Brock?

Years
Whats this???!!!!

Whats this???!!!! Are you hacking off shiny gold?? Sure looks like it.
And the scripts too. >_> The brandon one looks like the Carlos one in Shiny gold.
:\ I sure hope you dit'ent

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
No? This is a FireRed hack.

And the Brendan script was by me, 1 of my first too.

I also need to change the tileset.

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
Years
And just a little advice from another mapper.
on the first screenshot, try to use more types of grass. \it looks like a carpet :\
I realy like the story though, and i hope you will continue this.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Looks like you are using Zel's Shiny Gold as a ROM Base, which is a big no no, unless you have permisson from Zel. To say it is a Fire red Hack is mess, because you just said oyu needed to change the tile set, which means you are using a rom hack as a base, if it were a stock Fire Red ROM and you needed to change the tilesets, then you would have stock FR tiles in your screens.

Excuse me if I am mistaken, but I think people should create their own work when it comes to making a ROM hack, be it with a team or by yourself.

Any confusion could and will be resolved if you provide a link to the actual ROM Base you are using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back