• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Carbon Version (RMXP)

How is it so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Ah nice! Well i guess im gonna be waiting for that big update of yours FMP ;)

EDIT: w00t #200 posts! :P

Glad to hear that :P

I got second place, that's still awsome!

Lol I guess so...Thanks for participating.

This game looks extraordinarily awesome! How come this is the first time I leave comment on this wonderful project? Please keep this good work up!
:cool:

That means alot thank you very much ;)

Note: The update is going to take a bit longer than anticipated, but I promise It will be worth the wait. New Tiles, Pokemon, Gym styles, Battlefields, Towns, Easter eggs, and more all in the next update.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
before we get any closer to the one month closing rule, about how many fakemon are there going to be?

One month closing rule? And were still debating on that, so far there have been a total of 65 fakemon made we may do a whole set if 150 or keep it small an add in nintendos pokemon for those that dislike a bunch if fakemon. That's a good question well have to think about that, thank you :)

Your storyline is rather explicitly ripped fom the Matrix. Do you mean it to be a homage?

Is it? Hmm I didn't know that... No I'm not trying to copy an already made storyline I just thought something different from a normal pokemon storyline would be fun, and no it's not a homage...some of the story stands for something more natural. ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Well, FMP, I'm surprised you haven't asked for help yet xD
Well, I'd like to see more updates soon, Ty. Best of luck!

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Well, FMP, I'm surprised you haven't asked for help yet xD
Well, I'd like to see more updates soon, Ty. Best of luck!

Ha Thank You Jake, I'll be sure to let you know when I do though

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Table Of contents

New Battle Graphics
New Fakemon?
Carbons Storyline Continued
New look New Features?
Video
New Save menu
Easter Egg events
The way a Gym should be

~ Big Update ~

Okay I've been off the scene for quite a bit lately. I bet some of you are wondering why? Well it's mostly due to my report card, no, no It isn't bad it's actually the best one I've had thus far. I've also been working on new Ideas for Carbon and fixing my computer up with software and files from my crashed one, but now my report out, my computers almost complete and my spring break is today...In laymens terms, I'm Free! But you're not here to listen to what I've been doing right? You're here for the Update I've been promising. It's so big it needed a table of contents so please look below to continue

~ New Battle Graphics~

Being that I'm never satisfied with what I make so I'm forever making new things...I finally think I've made new Battle graphics I'm satisfied with. Take a look and tell me what you think.

capture000-1.png
capture001.png

BG3.png
BG4.png

BG2.png

Explanation of Pics:
Pic 1: The only thing thats changed here is the background...Just a normal grass battle here.
Pic 2: Swirly...Had to give some color to the battle box Yellow and Blue
Pic 3: A sand battle...With a Hippodawn? Why?
Pic 4: I'm pretty sure a Parmal couldn't take on a Sharpedo nor a Hippodawn especially in a watter battle...The scenery in the back gives the effect that your really off to sea. I'll probably be working on this one a bit more.
Pic 5: Who's that pokemon?! Ha ha I don't exactly know when this background comes into play, but It's there ^^

Are you wondering why I connected the player and enemies battle stages together? Me too...Ha ha No I'm just kidding...I did it because I thought I'd give the battle the effect that they were fighting on a real battle field...At least I hope that's what It looks like.

~ New Fakemon? ~

Note: These are just 4 out of 57 made so far so We have tons more to show...Maybe...If we feel like it lol
Yes New Fakemon Finally...I thought I'd just show a few for now though. I like how they turned out.

Parmal-1.png

Parmal - This pokemon is just as common as a pidgey...You'll find this one at the beggining of the game along side Cripet and A few others.

Maramoo.png

Maramoo - A not so common pokemon It can only be found around route 30, Carselvite Town and Professor Dobbles Farm.

Solidotfamily.png

Solidot, Tulpia - These two come from the same family, but which ones Solidot and which ones Tulpia? Solidot is the pre evoloution of Sunkern. The same rules apply for it to evolve into Sunflora find the sun stone, for Tulpia however It's a little different...You have to train it to a certain level then evolve it using a gravelroot...Sound like to much work? Don't worry it's well worth it in the end.

~ Carbons Storyline Continued ~

Carbon has much more to offer this time around...This is just a bit of the story...It's written in a confusing way to keep you guessing.

Carboncontinued.png

During the time the three spent together...They improved upon the designs of the cycle...Things however went wrong in the end and the two left...A fight between three sides began...you are now stuck in the middle...Whoever thought things would come to this? It's now up to you to stop the two sides and set things right...Trouble will ensue, but without you...It may all just be for nothing...The fourth is imperfect...It's corrupted...What they have done will change the world.

~ New Feature New look? ~

Yep The Poke wrist...Do you remember when I showed you all that little poke wrist design I made an update or two ago? Well It just seemed to simple...It didn't take up enough of the screen so I improved it a bit.

Pokewrist.png

New Features It includes:

~ Live Chat Video ( Keep in touch with important characters in the game)
~ Pkmn Mini storage ( Store up to six other pokemon...They cant be revived if they faint using the storage.)
~ Map (Old)
~ Badge Card Viewer ( View the Badge cards that gain acess to specific events and minigames)
~ Music Radio ( Old)

~ Video ~

I've decided I've held this update off for far long enough...So I thought I'd add a little extra in it for you...This is a Video to the beggining of Carbon...I hope you enjoy and feedback is appreciated.

~ New Save Menu ~

Enough said right? Take a look below

menu.gif

Okay well the first seven markers explain what they are, but did you notice the other2 on the left? Well those will remain a secret until I release the game Demo

~ Easter Egg events? ~

We have two easter egg events complete...The Easter eggs were put in the game to make it a bit more fun...They'll add an extra level of challenge as well as fun to the game.

The SOLIDOT Easter Egg

capture003.png

Were you wondering how you could get a solidot? Probably not, but I'm gonna tell you anyway! Solidot isn't to far off...You can get a Solidot after you gain your second Gym Card...The Event is a little red pot that contains a plant, over time the plant grows and finally a little sprout appears...after you click on it you begin a battle with a lttle seed poekmon known as Solidot...It's only a level 5 so you'll have no trouble catching it.

The PYAROO Event

capture005-1.png

Well I did say Pyaroo would stay in the game didn't I? Well It's going to be as an easter Egg event...Pyaroo has been stolen from a nearby Research building and is being kept by a gang of little holligans( Yes I said Holligans) Your job is to retrieve it and bring it back to the research building...You may just be rewarded in the end.

~ The way a Gym should be ~

Say Hello to the Malva League. Whats a Malva league? You mean you Don't know?! Alright I'll explain so listen up...the Malva league(below)

1-1-3.jpg

Consists of a total of 9 Gyms and The Core 5. Each gym will be hidden between Routes and towns or cities, but don't worry you'll notice something that will make the gym evident. The battles are no longer carried out inside a building however, each gym is designed with tiles corresponding to the leaders element. For example, the pictures above show The first gym you'll be traveling to which is the grass gym. They will each have a different look and puzzle you have to figure out in order to get to the leader.

Hint: After Beating a Malva league Gym leader once, why not do it again? You might just get something for it ;)

Well that's it for now...I hope you all enjoyed...as always Comments and critique are always appreciated.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Wow this is amazing, great, all is cool kepp it up on that game,

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
What the hell? Where is the post I made?
(Server error maybe?)

Anyways, I'll say it agian.

I like the update, pretty big. I'm not going to go into detail that I did on my first post that I had written, but here are some random comments.

I'm not a fan of the battle platforms stretching, but you should keep em to make your screens stand out (since everyone is using those mad backgrounds now).

What's up with the menu over the pokewrist? Forget to get rid of it?

The fakemon looks nice.

All of the gym screenshots look sweet.

Well thats a summary of what I wrote.
Good update again.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Hmm, everything looks very good, the game has definitely improved since the beginning.

I watched the video, and I must say, the eventing looks very good quality wise, HOWEVER a side tip of mine is to make sure there are alternates evented in case the player doesn't do what you intend for them to. Such as, if you lose to the Pokemon in the Dream, or you chose to try and go different places other than the lab in the beginning.

All in all, everything looks great~ keep it up <3

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Wow this is amazing, great, all is cool kepp it up on that game,

Thank you very much! I appreciate your motivation. ;)

whoa, huge update, but the dude next to the professor that is shaded out looks like a mideval court jester, just saying...

Ha ha ha! I does but it won't once I reveal the teams.

Awesome update FMP nice, it's amazing dude keep it up. :D

Thanks Ryu. Glad to hear from you again ;)

What the hell? Where is the post I made?
(Server error maybe?)

Anyways, I'll say it agian.

I like the update, pretty big. I'm not going to go into detail that I did on my first post that I had written, but here are some random comments.

I'm not a fan of the battle platforms stretching, but you should keep em to make your screens stand out (since everyone is using those mad backgrounds now).

What's up with the menu over the pokewrist? Forget to get rid of it?

The fakemon looks nice.

All of the gym screenshots look sweet.

Well thats a summary of what I wrote.
Good update again.

Thanks for the creative crit Neo. Yeah I kinda did forget to get rid of it Ha!
Yeah the battle backgrounds are beggining to get a bit over used but they do give the game a nice touch and thank you ;)

Glad the fakemon look decent.

And thank you for Gym screen compliment.

It's good to hear from you again by the way.

Hmm, everything looks very good, the game has definitely improved since the beginning.

I watched the video, and I must say, the eventing looks very good quality wise, HOWEVER a side tip of mine is to make sure there are alternates evented in case the player doesn't do what you intend for them to. Such as, if you lose to the Pokemon in the Dream, or you chose to try and go different places other than the lab in the beginning.

All in all, everything looks great~ keep it up <3

It's good to hear from you again to!

Thank you very much Krimm Your comment has been dually noted and I'll see to it that It gets done! ;)

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
Wow, you weren't kidding when you said it was to be a big update! I love the look of the first gym, it has a certain aura of mystery shrouding its entirety. The new start menu is very clean and practical in appearance, and the Solidot easter egg is creative at the least. I also love the swirly!

Now for some questions:
How can a Pokemon be weaker than Sunkern and still have a use in battle?
What is Tulpia based on? A tulip?
You say there is a trilateral conflict in the story, and you are caught within the center of the dispute. However, it says you must stop only two of these sides . Is this because you form an alliance with one of the groups?

Now some crit:
Not much, I'm just not a big fan of the battle field. Perhaps you could adjust the left boundary where it connects to the area that encircles your current Pokemon? It appears to be off.

And now it is time for some encouragement:
Great job, love how the complexity appears to be simplicity, and I bid you fair fortune on your road to success!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Nice update! Yeah, it was huge!
Good job! Everything look nice! Keep it up.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years
Whoa, very cool update!! But a pre evo of Sunkern? I think Sunkern is small enough, just my oppinion. Good Luck with your game! ^^

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Nice update
cool gym idea *cough* *cough*

Thank you RG ;)

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said it was to be a big update! I love the look of the first gym, it has a certain aura of mystery shrouding its entirety. The new start menu is very clean and practical in appearance, and the Solidot easter egg is creative at the least. I also love the swirly!

Now for some questions:
How can a Pokemon be weaker than Sunkern and still have a use in battle?
What is Tulpia based on? A tulip?
You say there is a trilateral conflict in the story, and you are caught within the center of the dispute. However, it says you must stop only two of these sides . Is this because you form an alliance with one of the groups?

Now some crit:
Not much, I'm just not a big fan of the battle field. Perhaps you could adjust the left boundary where it connects to the area that encircles your current Pokemon? It appears to be off.

And now it is time for some encouragement:
Great job, love how the complexity appears to be simplicity, and I bid you fair fortune on your road to success!

No Tulpia wasn't based off a tulip...more of a dandelion concept. To answer your question about Solidot...Keep in mind that when you hatch a poke egg, the pokemon that's been hatched out of the egg is a level 5. Solidot basically follows that idea. Sunkerns were found in the park in Gold/Silver/and Crystal I believe at a level of 8 or higher...I'm not to sure, so although it may be weaker...It could still possibly play roles in battles...Like Togepi for example. Hope that made since ;)

For the battlefield, the Base on which the player stands is the same size as the one on which the enemy stands...Normally it's bigger and instead I've just made it smaller...That may be why it seems off.

And finally, thank you for the encouragement. I'll make sure the game stands up to par when the Demo is released ;P

Nice update! Yeah, it was huge!
Good job! Everything look nice! Keep it up.

Thank you very much Omega I'm glad to hear from you again :P

Whoa, very cool update!! But a pre evo of Sunkern? I think Sunkern is small enough, just my oppinion. Good Luck with your game! ^^

Ha ha Yes it is but I just thought a pre evo would be fun too! and Thank you ;)

Note: Next update will go furthur into the Gym battles showing a video of the first gym and how it's played, as well as a few new events, The trainers bag(hopefully) and New fakemon again ;)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Really nice update, probably the best on this game so far xD (probably because of the video). Also is that a four stage pokémon (the sunkern one) =p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back