• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Manga/Comics Random Chit-Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2011
Vg cats super effective comic dub

Hello everyone (:
I dunno if you heard of it, but there is a Pokemon comic called super effective from the Vg cats

I have made a dub of that comic and would like some opinions on it ^.^

The dub can be found on this link : watch?v=BiSuzeWTa9M
replace it after the / on the bar on the top when you are on youtube to check it out (:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Does anyone honestly recommend me reading the Black and White manga if I didn't like the Diamond and Pearl one?
It depends. Are you talking about PokeSupe? If so, then I say even though you didn't like Diamond and Pearl to give Black/White a shot. For the most part (with exceptions) you can basically read an arc of PokeSupe and either not like the last arc and/or not have read the previous arc(s) and still enjoy it. I myself have honestly only read parts of the Yellow arc, and the end of the Emerald arc.

On another note: Happy birthday Gold! (PokeSupe). Have a nice one. Next is Red's birthday. Can't wait!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Seriously? No posts since Gold's birthday?

Well, I'm here to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY RED. :D

I really love how the PokeSupe people have Birthdays, I really do. It makes me want to go and reread some now, tbqh. xD; At least the RBG and FRLG arc derp.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
Years
I know what you mean. Having the authors give their character a birthday (as well as apparently their blood type) really shows how into this they are.

Happy Birthday, Red~

:3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Aww I missed his birthday! How old is he now, 20? xD;

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
He's 16 until we get a confirmation stating otherwise...

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
So. to jumpstart this places' life....

What was the first pokemon manga you've read? (It can be Special or something else. :U )

Electric Tale of Pikachu! ehhh..... or is it Isamu Akai Pocket Monster?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It was a few chapters of Electric Tail of Pikachu, because we had a small comic book of it. I have nooo idea where it went. The second one would have to be when I read Pokemon Special for the first time, but wasn't really hooked on it 'til I reread it in 2008. Between the first time and second time I had read a lot of Pokemon Magical Journey. :)

System!

HM....................... .....
Years
First manga I SAW was Electric Tale of Pikachu. The first manga I purchased and read was Special. I got hooked by the story and wanted more of the action (I think it was around the time Special was going out of print. I bought my volume at a secondhand store.). I lurked on the PC manga forum (mostly cause I was too chicken to register) and kinda sorta got into the fandom a couple years ago.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Pokespecial, I think. xD

I remember re-reading my stack of RBGY and GSC arc books over and over again during midnight 'cuz I was too afraid to sleep alone.

Why is this section so dead? D:

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
It's dead because the manga section of Pokemon is one of the least talked about subjects.

It's so sad. It's my favorite...

chamo-chan

Years
The first Pokemon manga I read was Pokemon Special after I spent some hours on the internet wondering if there even was a Pokemon manga after someone off handedly mentioned a Pokemon manga. Turns out, there were tons and tons of them, but I ended up finding Pokemon Special first. Also, technically, the first Pokemon manga I saw was one I found at our library one day. I can't remember what the heck it was about, other than there were Pokemon in it. >n<

It's dead because the manga section of Pokemon is one of the least talked about subjects.

It's so sad. It's my favorite...

we had a really lively, fun club for pokemon special/adventures, but it got closed. :'C I miss it. So much.

You are right about that Loli... *sigh*

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The first Pokemon manga I 'read' was 'The Electric Tale of Pikachu'. I had a very small book of it with perhaps one or two chapters. Of course, that's not really enough to get me into something, haha. Few years down the road I moved to where I live now, where they have the first three volumes (the original ones, not the rereleased ones) of Pokemon Special. That's where I first read it, but I wasn't hooked until 2008 when I read it again. That's also when I read Pokemon Magical Journey as well. :D;

As for this section it can become more active if more people simply posted more in it. I knew there are plenty of Pokemon Special fans, but yeah... they just need to talk about it more.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
/me doing my part to make it more active...hopefully xD

There should be some manga-specific events to draw people over here, tbh. I'm sad that Red's birthday just passed because that would have been a perfect time to have an event in here. :(

chamo-chan

Years
Does anyone know when Pokemon Special was first published?
maybe we can make that day Pokemon Special day?

Also here is a topic I want you guys to answer:

What kind of Pokemon manga crossover would you like to see? (I mean amongst the Pokemon mangas themselves, such as Pokemon ReBURST or DPA!, not other fandoms)

I would really like to see a meeting between Hareta from DPA! and Sapphire from PokeSpe. Best wild buddies.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Red's birthday coincides with the release of the first PokeSpe book, August 8th. I like the way you think though!

I'm sure there's some kind of event to celebrate, it'll just take a bit of thinking. Maybe something related to the B/W manga, or a manga translation like the GT8 event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back