• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

Who do you choose?

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
Years
Seeing as we've got something like this with "Lugia or Ho-oh?" I figure, why not one for the DPPt mascots too, right? So, who's your pick: Dialga the Dragon of Time, Palkia the Being of Space, or Giratina the Renegade Pokémon?

...and if you've got the time to explain why, then that's always welcome!

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Although, not playing Platinum that often and not really battling or using a Girnaitna myself, I still prefer this Pokemon over the rest. It's design in Platinum was a winner compared to the designs of Dialga and Palkia for me personally.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I love Giratina's design (both formes) and shiny coloration! Palkia is a close second though.
Giratina also got a decent amount of backstory in Platinum that really made him a memorable Pokemon for me.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Giratina. It's design and concept captured my interest from the get-go.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
For some reason I like Dialga more, probably because time really interests me, Diamond was my first DPPt game, yeah, biased. Giratina is cool but I also like Dialga's design a lot too.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Dialga more, primarily because I played with Diamond first. It's also good at taking hits. Palkia does come in close because of its good offensive capabilities.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
I really like Dialga. Entirely because of the whole Time thing, I think it's fascinating. Giratina's a close second though. seriously, wtf palkia

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'd have to go with Dialga. Diamond was the only game of the generation I got to play, and I just really love Dialga's design. Roar of Time was a splendid signature move for it, and I've always loved the animation. I never really liked Palkia's design, as it just looked pretty weird to me, and not in any way as majestic as Dialga appears to be, so no way I'd ever choose it.

Giratina would come as a close second though, as I've always loved the whole two formes thing, and both had great designs. I also liked how they gave it a bit of an eerie backstory and feel to it, with the whole reverse world and such, so definitely a close run between those two.

So yeah, my favourite is Dialga, with Giratina close by, and Palkia long behind.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Oh, I see that for the moment I'm the only one who voted Palkia...
I'm not really fond of this trio now, but in my first game of Pearl Version, I really liked Palkia. I was more interested in the master of space than in the master of time, and I liked its double-type. Its design is pretty... Strange, of course, but I prefer it than Dialga's or Giratina's.

Cid

Years
I'd pick time manipulation over space and antimatter on a whim. In fact, since I need time to explain why I prefer one over the other two, all other arguments against Dialga are invalid.

Seriously though? I played Pokémon Diamond and not Pearl, and I liked Dialga more than Giratina because the time affinity is way too appealing. Oh and Dialga's blue. I don't know why but I prefer his colour over the other two's pink and black for the overall concept of huge tyrannical legendary beings that control time or space or antimatter.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Dialga has always been my favorite of the three, because of its design. It looks so cool. Girantina would come in close second though.

I hate Palkia though, ugly :<

Years
Oh. My. Arceus.
-spazz moment-
I LUFF YEW GIRATINA
-dies-
I love giratina becous of its design and type combo. I mean, a GHOST DRAGON!? Two of my favorite types...combined! All into one big dragon full of ghost-ness, dragon-ness, antimater-ness, awesome-ness, and pokemon.
And its SS walking srprite. Both formes are awesome. And a baby giratina would look adorable, considering the arceus event where you get your giratina at level 1.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't really care for any of them and never even got to access the event where you choose one. Dialga's teeth are weirdly placed and that bugs me, Palkia looks hunchback, and Giratina is alright. So I guess I'll pick Giratina. I do love Ghost types, lol.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I don't really like any of these. They don't really seem to be inspired off of anything, and they are covered in pointless armor. They are decorated in clashing colored markings, and they aren't even too good in battle. If I absolutely had to pick one, I'd pick Giratina, as the Ghost/Dragon typing is useful in battle.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
While I did choose Pearl initially because I preferred Palkia over Dialga (it reminded me of a pink Godzilla at the time), I've grown to like Dialga more ever since I finished the game. I now prefer his unique typing and steel dragon-llama design, and controlling time does seem like the coolest power out of the three of them.

Back