• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Hey LaZ where is the Form yiou mentioned? Sorry for my lack of concentration!!!:D

I am guessing you mean for the trainer request? Go to page 134. On his post there is a bug reports parts. Using one of those methods send him the trainer request. :)

Also Alienhunter. Since you post here quite often could you please provide your input on the ending to Team Saturns arc please? In the past few pages I asked if Laz was considering changing the ending to Team Saturns arc due to it being silly, out of character, and making the final confrontation rather lackluster. He said he agrees it was silly and said it was confusing but would only change it if enough people thought so as well. Jambo, myself and a couple others would like to see the change he has in mind. However due to this being a major thread a lot of people are (understandably) ignoring the conversation and asking for help, complimenting Laz on this amazing mod, etc. Thus the conversation gets buried under those posts. If it didn't I would not be posting this little bit here.

But since you post here quite often, I think your input would be greatly valued. Same goes for everyone else. We are not talking about him changing anything throughout the story, just the ending dialogue between team Saturn's leader, Silver and Axel. If you agree with us and wish for it to be edited or disagree with us and want it to stay please say so!

Sorry for having to bring this up again Laz. Just don't want it to be forgotten and buried under other posts since it is something that can effect a part of the story.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2013
hey little help here please! I got the GS ball and im trying to return on the undersea boat thing from the orange islands to see prof oak and it says i just missed the boat i have to wait 10 minutes. i never set the time in the beginning because i was just rapid clicking on turboboost lol and i dont know how to set it (it did say i could set it later). am i stuck now?
edit : btw just to make sure im up to date im on liquid crystal 3.2 and vba 1.8.0 beta 3

Last edited:

Not An Option

Apparently not
Years
First and foremost, I may be new to this forum but I'm not new to forums at all.
However, I am new to all this.

I'd love to play the game, but I'm stuck here: ...I can't post an image because I don't have 15 posts. Cool beans.

Anyway, I go to start the the game and get the error, "This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color."

• I'm using the custom version of VBA
  • I downloaded a fresh/clean copy of Pokemon: Crystal (.gbc)
  • I downloaded a fresh version of the patch from the link and zelda website.
  • Not sure what's causing the error?
  • I do have "turbo mode" set to ON, should I use all normal settings until I actually get in-game?
EDIT: It should be noted that I can go through the entire into of the game with the Professor speaking to you, choosing your gender/name/etc. it's not until the professor says it's time for my own adventure and it shows me in my room that I get that error.

EDIT EDIT: Still happens with Turbo turned on, even though I did get further enough to walk around the room for a second.

Last edited:

chen12

Game On!
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
Welcome.
Love that you are trying this game out but FYI you should know that this is a fire red remake of crystal. so download the fire red rom and repatch it. If it still doesn't work, then PM LAZ. Hope this helps.

First and foremost, I may be new to this forum but I'm not new to forums at all.
However, I am new to all this.

I'd love to play the game, but I'm stuck here: ...I can't post an image because I don't have 15 posts. Cool beans.

Anyway, I go to start the the game and get the error, "This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color."

• I'm using the custom version of VBA
  • I downloaded a fresh/clean copy of Pokemon: Crystal (.gbc)
  • I downloaded a fresh version of the patch from the link and zelda website.
  • Not sure what's causing the error?
  • I do have "turbo mode" set to ON, should I use all normal settings until I actually get in-game?
EDIT: It should be noted that I can go through the entire into of the game with the Professor speaking to you, choosing your gender/name/etc. it's not until the professor says it's time for my own adventure and it shows me in my room that I get that error.

EDIT EDIT: Still happens with Turbo turned on, even though I did get further enough to walk around the room for a second.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hahaha, let's act like that never happened. Thank you.
For future reference, it's usually inserted into the thread title somehow. For instance, the thread title now is "FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]".

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Hey guys, so Im new here and just started playing Liquid Crystal for the first time the other day. I got up to the part where i need the divine bell (whatever its called) from the Ruins of Alph and I cannot get it. I got to the cave and the ??? voice told me to step on the panel in front of me.... but when I do, nothing happens.

From what I understand you're supposed to go back in time blah blah. I did complete all the puzzles prior to this if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be awesome cause im loving this game and want to continue playing!

nevermind.... i got it hahah

Last edited:

Not An Option

Apparently not
Years
For future reference, it's usually inserted into the thread title somehow. For instance, the thread title now is "FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]".

Cyclone
Unfortunately, my eyes saw the title and my mind read "Crystal."

Long day.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Unfortunately, my eyes saw the title and my mind read "Crystal."

Long day.
This can also be an unfortunate happening that I myself can easily fall victim to if my eyes are deceiving me (or, like you, I'm tired).

Cyclone

Years
I am guessing you mean for the trainer request? Go to page 134. On his post there is a bug reports parts. Using one of those methods send him the trainer request. :)

Also Alienhunter. Since you post here quite often could you please provide your input on the ending to Team Saturns arc please? In the past few pages I asked if Laz was considering changing the ending to Team Saturns arc due to it being silly, out of character, and making the final confrontation rather lackluster. He said he agrees it was silly and said it was confusing but would only change it if enough people thought so as well. Jambo, myself and a couple others would like to see the change he has in mind. However due to this being a major thread a lot of people are (understandably) ignoring the conversation and asking for help, complimenting Laz on this amazing mod, etc. Thus the conversation gets buried under those posts. If it didn't I would not be posting this little bit here.

But since you post here quite often, I think your input would be greatly valued. Same goes for everyone else. We are not talking about him changing anything throughout the story, just the ending dialogue between team Saturn's leader, Silver and Axel. If you agree with us and wish for it to be edited or disagree with us and want it to stay please say so!

Sorry for having to bring this up again Laz. Just don't want it to be forgotten and buried under other posts since it is something that can effect a part of the story.
Yeah I have to agree with you now on that after your plea...:D LaZ please do what we fans require. Its a request from me too now.;)

Hey guys, so Im new here and just started playing Liquid Crystal for the first time the other day. I got up to the part where i need the divine bell (whatever its called) from the Ruins of Alph and I cannot get it. I got to the cave and the ??? voice told me to step on the panel in front of me.... but when I do, nothing happens.

From what I understand you're supposed to go back in time blah blah. I did complete all the puzzles prior to this if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be awesome cause im loving this game and want to continue playing!

nevermind.... i got it hahah
Just to clearify you that you need a shiny stone from Ho-oH and there is a secret path which teleports you to an ancient island. Solving the Ruin of Alph puzzle does not requires for it. (If that was the question you were trying to ask)

hey little help here please! I got the GS ball and im trying to return on the undersea boat thing from the orange islands to see prof oak and it says i just missed the boat i have to wait 10 minutes. i never set the time in the beginning because i was just rapid clicking on turboboost lol and i dont know how to set it (it did say i could set it later). am i stuck now?
edit : btw just to make sure im up to date im on liquid crystal 3.2 and vba 1.8.0 beta 3
That is because you have to still enable Real Time Clock settings from your VBA in order for the train to appear.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2013
Yeah I have to agree with you now on that after your plea...:D LaZ please do what we fans require. Its a request from me too now.;)

Just to clearify you that you need a shiny stone from Ho-oH and there is a secret path which teleports you to an ancient island. Solving the Ruin of Alph puzzle does not requires for it. (If that was the question you were trying to ask)

That is because you have to still enable Real Time Clock settings from your VBA in order for the train to appear.

thank you! i did that before and reset but didnt realize i had to close rom and reopen for it to take effect. duhhhhhhh!

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Been working on a little something last night...

As you can see, the 2 core features are not yet added in. I'll be working on this over the next few days/weeks to implement those. As always this is available now in the latest build.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Can you get trainers phone numbers as well like you can in the original? For some reason(yes I am serious) I am kinda missing Joey calling me and telling me about his Rattata.

Though it could be due to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGhWpALfnT8&feature=youtu.be
If you'd like, I can call you about the trials and tribulations of trying to catch a Quagsire. Their heads are so round and shiny that I always get distracted and miss! ;)

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Been working on a little something last night...

As you can see, the 2 core features are not yet added in. I'll be working on this over the next few days/weeks to implement those. As always this is available now in the latest build.

What's GBP stand for? I mean it seems to switch from new barks theme and another one. But other than that?

Thank you!

Kinda depressing that so many people outright ignore the conversation between Laz and I, but it's to be expected since they are having problems. I just hope I am not annoying Laz with this.

Last edited:
Back