• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
Firered
Pocket Script
Spoiler:

Yes or no question i wont talk to me
i only started yesterday

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
Firered
Pocket Script
Spoiler:

Yes or no question i wont talk to me
i only started yesterday

this is the only mistake i saw, but i don't think this will help...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My own problem:
Spoiler:

The applymovement target doesn't walk down like I want him to. People # is 100B, so he vanishes right, and event # is 1. Oh, Unknown is 3, Movement 11, and on the script itself, unknown 3 var number 4050.

I guessed it right. After looking at your script, the first thing that is causing your error is that the NPC is too far away from the game's screen.
Let me explain so you can at least learn something. :)

Okay, so your error is in the
@walkdown...
I counted how many 'down movements' it has, and I concluded that the NPC was too far.
Spoiler:

Okay so the solution will be, put the NPC one block down and remove one 'raw 0x10' from your script and it'll work just fine~
;)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
It doesn't fix it
What I do is this

Make a new person
make the same proportions (this includes: View Radius Script Offset and Trainer checked,) as the old person
delete the old person
put the new person in the old persons place

Perhaps this might help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VAn2j84z5U
I know it's quite small and poor quality
Wow. Okay, I never actually got an error message from the emulator before. I have no idea what this problem is.

Thanks i forgot to burn it to the rom is the problem *faceplam*
Hey, just a quick note for Ben, you ought to try using XSE instead of Pokescript. I was trying to use Pokescript when I first started hacking, but believe me, XSE is better by a million percent.

I guessed it right. After looking at your script, the first thing that is causing your error is that the NPC is too far away from the game's screen.
Let me explain so you can at least learn something. :)

Okay, so your error is in the @walkdown...
I counted how many 'down movements' it has, and I concluded that the NPC was too far.
Spoiler:

Okay so the solution will be, put the NPC one block down and remove one 'raw 0x10' from your script and it'll work just fine~
;)
Wierd, I never knew that distance was a factor. But THANK YOU! This was driving me nuts, I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I'll get that fixed right away.
EDIT: It worked! Thanks again, I really appreciate your taking the time to explain this for me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
i also have the trouble that the trainer sees me when I am the line before he is. I know it sounds a little difficult, but I hope you guys understand me.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
YES, see, I had exactly the same issue!
Look, you must have a messed up Rom, or something else going on, because replacing the event really should have worked.
But I'm at a loss now, I have no clue what's going on.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
Nvr Mind. I try again with Ruby. Crappy graphics, but I can make a good game out of it i think

Years
Edit: Don't worry i figure it out.

Now i know your not supposed to "request scripts" here but:
I was wondering if anyone could explain how i'd go about changing the games brightness/colors with scripting (to night style...no, not with a clock or anything!) as i have an idea for a new HM or abilitiy.
...or would that be asm related...

Last edited:

pokefreak2

I can't believe you read this
Years
hi wen i try to use this script i warp as soon as i start walking with the cpu instead of
when i get there then warp is something wrong? heres the script
Spoiler:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
hi wen i try to use this script i warp as soon as i start walking with the cpu instead of
when i get there then warp is something wrong? heres the script
Spoiler:

Yep, you missed the waitmovement 0x0
You shouldn't use the compare command like that just use it like this:
Just copy this script and it should work ;)

Spoiler:

Edit: Don't worry i figure it out.

Now i know your not supposed to "request scripts" here but:
I was wondering if anyone could explain how i'd go about changing the games brightness/colors with scripting (to night style...no, not with a clock or anything!) as i have an idea for a new HM or abilitiy.
...or would that be asm related...
Changing palettes in game is ASM related.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Rival Script Problem:
Spoiler:

This is one of the scripts, but it completely ignores the flags. Why? >.<

Last edited:

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
Firered
XSE
Pokemon Center
Spoiler:

Everytime I use this, it makes my character just pick up an item and go on. I messed this up earlier, but I can't remember how I fixed it.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I tried HM's Shinyzer and it gave me ASM offset but when I use this script and talk to NPC
Spoiler:

it'll freeze game.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I tried HM's Shinyzer and it gave me ASM offset but when I use this script and talk to NPC
Spoiler:

it'll freeze game.

Of course it will freeze... it doesn't work like that.
See this post.

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
This is a script that doesn't let you pas an area when you don't have a pokemon... But the game freezes when activated...

Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This is a script that doesn't let you pas an area when you don't have a pokemon... But the game freezes when activated...

Spoiler:
Fixed parts are in bold.
It should work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back