• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Family Concerns

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd love to hear more thoughts and ideas!

In any case, other than gen 3, we haven't heard much from the rest of our family members, other than our loving mother, of course.

Do you think that X&Y will finally introduce more of the protagonists family members than the past gen games? Like say, would we have a father figure once again? Or, maybe we can have sisters, or brothers, or maybe any other relatives? What role do you think these family figures can play during the main story line, if any role at all? Could there be conflicts involved with your family? Any other thoughts?

Years
One of the "leaks" said the champion was the protagonists father. Whilst I put no stock in anything that these leaks are saying I do like the idea of an estranged father being the regions champion. Honestly though I think it is more likely that they will stick with the usual "just mum" approach. It helps to make the player anonymous with no personality and prevents things from getting weird on other playtyhroughs, which is probably why they haven't tried it since gen 3.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think it'd be pretty nice if we had a full family! It's pretty funny, because I think not only that it would be fun battling your father, but your brother and sister, too! Not to get off-topic, but now that I think about it, having your brother/sister as rivals would be awesome, too. xD;

Love it. I'd love to see a large part of the story spiral around your family, it'd make for an interesting concept. Imagine having your mother or father secretly be part of the evil team of the region. Would create a definite twist to the story, where you and your siblings reform your parent(s) and save the region with love. Would be pretty fun, and it is a message that I doubt Game Freak or Nintendo would have any issues endorsing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I agree a full family could be interesting! Although I can't help but think we'll only end up with a mother like in the past. :(

Back