• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
Hello. Wondering if anyone could help with this. I've noted my disdain for referencing myself as a person, ie. as an entity possessing any sort of physical form. I'm wondering if there is in fact a term for someone who doesn't identify with their body (and not due to spirituality). Like, when I see myself in a reflection or photograph it scarcely connects that 'this is me'. Also, I've long had a penchant for creating characters and imagining myself as them. I would appreciate having something to call this (lack of) of self-identity, if anyone can help me there. I don't suppose this is gender or sex related but I do suppose if anyone might be familiar with this, it'll be the folks here.

I majored in psych, so the first thing that popped into my head was that it's some sort of dissociation? There are a couple of disorders that can cause that type of feeling, but if it's not actually causing you distress or interfering with your life, then they wouldn't apply to you.

Do you not identify with having a body in general, or is that you have a mental image of yourself that doesn't match what you actually look like?

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Oh my gosh guys. I got a girlfriend :o

Whoa, whoa, just whoaaa.

Why aren't you telling us more about the very nice lady friend of yours?

That just isn't fair, Insomniac, and you know it. Spill the beans! All of them! The whole can! beans come in a can right?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Some do, like baked beans. They're so delicious. Green beans, on the other hand, are devil food and must be destroyed.

Back on topic, I'm so happy for you GreatTornado. You're taking this step so young, it's fantastic to see. It took me til I was 22 years old to come out to my family and even then they found out through circumstances beyond my control.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Some do, like baked beans. They're so delicious. Green beans, on the other hand, are devil food and must be destroyed.

Back on topic, I'm so happy for you GreatTornado. You're taking this step so young, it's fantastic to see. It took me til I was 22 years old to come out to my family and even then they found out through circumstances beyond my control.

RIGHT. Those were the beans I was thinking about. Mmmm, beans. Now I'm hungry.

So, spill the assorted beans Insomniac. Andy will just have to pick through any green ones.

I'm waiting.

And yeah, good on you GreatTornado. I'm going on 23 here and I still haven't completely come out of the closet; family-wise at least. What can I say? Narnia is fraking awesome. I mean there are little goat leg people here, centaurs, and a really fluffy ass lion. He's fluffy. Fluffy. You find something better than a big, poofy, cuddly, lion that doesn't eat people.

On a side note, Pride is this week. Should be funfun. I'm being forced to go by my friend because, according to him, I am starving the local lesbian population by not making myself more readily available. I just think it's because I'm the only person he can bully into watching the drag show.

Last edited:

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Thanks for all the support everyone :)
I thought most people came out at at ages 14-18 :P I've heard of late bloomers but I didn't think that there were so many of them o.o

I've got a mini update (Yay). I asked the friend I'm out to if my crush has kik and she gave me his kik name so now I have added him. I said hi but he hasn't replied yet :/ I also sent him an email earlier that day asking if he had kik or Facebook or something like that because the holidays are coming up and I want to keep in touch with him. I hope I don't sound creepy or anything...

That's about it. Hopefully I can get a conversation going on kik.

Years
The age at which someone comes out is really variable and depends on so many factors, I don't know if there's really an average age. I didn't know or hear of many people coming out before they were at least 18, probably partly because my high school was not the most gay-friendly school in the world - superficially, the school appeared accepting, but there were so many people who would casually use "gay" as an insult for every little thing (e.g., "I can't believe we have to write an essay, this is so gay"), that I think it made people feel it was an unsafe place to talk about it. (My sister is now going to the same school. She says things have improved a lot in that department.)

For me (and a lot of other aces) I didn't even have a word to describe what I am until I was about 20. I just assumed I was straight (and a really late bloomer) for a long time. I'm 22 now, and I've come out to my friends, but I still haven't come out to my family, because I just don't know how to bring it up.

It's great that you've figured this out at your age though, and have the courage to come out. I wish I could go back to my 13-year-old self when so many of my friends started dating and explain to her why I didn't feel the same way. It would have saved me so much confusion.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Well schools ended but nothing happened much. Me and my crush talked a bit but yeah.

Off-topic: Also, I have a really red pimple on my neck (ACNE D: ) and a little kid came up to me and asked if I was a vampire. I said yes and showed him my sharp teeth and he ran away xD I think I ruined his childhood or something XD

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Man, my gf is too cute, and she doesn't even believe it :P
I keep wanting to drop hints to my mom like, hey, y'know, she's my girlfriend...but for some reason I keep getting interrupted by other people/things (i'm on vacation lol) and I can never bring the subject back around =__= Long-distance is still annoying, especially when she's way too shy to want to cam with me, and if I can manage to convince her to do it, she gets red and doesn't stay very long. Sweet girl. I might start saving up so I can try to go visit her next summer. I hope I'll be able to :D

Xolace

✿♥✿
Years
Same-sex marriage is now legal in California! Plenty however don't seem too happy about it. I'd truly like to see this become permanent so here's to the future! :)

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
It's a huge win for the LGBT community. It was funny seeing all the bigots come out of hiding yesterday on social networks, though it's kinda sad to see all of the nasty things people decide to say behind the safety of their keyboards and computers. Nevertheless, it's kind of expected that Bible-thumpers would be out and about after being hit with a new dose of reality. What I don't understand is why people think gays marrying will affect them in any way? Why do people criticize something they don't even understand? The effort some people put into advocating for DOMA and Prop 8 was beyond bizarre to me.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
It is really good news to hear. Hopefully it can get legalised in other states too - it's another step for the LGBT community.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I am so happy that DOMA has been shot down by the Supreme Court. The victory is small, but I'll take it and hope for more victories to come.

Years
I think it's weird that I'm gay myself but I don't really.. I don't feel affected by this at all. When I heard about it I kind of shrugged it off like it was no big deal.

I know it IS in fact a huge deal though and I'm glad it's finally legal :)

I'm not gay but I totally feel you. Didn't we all know it was gonna happen anyways? I think when you are spoiled by inevitability nothing is exciting anymore.

droomph

weeb
Years
I'm sorry to come butting in here, but I need to talk about some problems I've been having.

I wanted to explain to everyone that I had no problem with the repeal of DOMA, and why I wanted it to be that way, even though my beliefs seem to contradict those others with my religion.

But I've been getting nothing but hate and "he's right to blindly hate religious people you know" and no understanding.

What am I doing wrong? I can't bear to read some of these member's hateful posts, yet I power through to try to understand their view, and I reply to let them know that I do not support Prop 8, etc either. Yet some of these people come back and accuse me of being hateful…

I'm sorry. But is this a gay people thing, to hate on religious people blindly? Because if that's how it is, I then revoke my support of gay marriage. If you won't treat everyone with equality, then you don't deserve equality.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I'm sorry to come butting in here, but I need to talk about some problems I've been having.

I wanted to explain to everyone that I had no problem with the repeal of DOMA, and why I wanted it to be that way, even though my beliefs seem to contradict those others with my religion.

But I've been getting nothing but hate and "he's right to blindly hate religious people you know" and no understanding.

What am I doing wrong? I can't bear to read some of these member's hateful posts, yet I power through to try to understand their view, and I reply to let them know that I do not support Prop 8, etc either. Yet some of these people come back and accuse me of being hateful…

I'm sorry. But is this a gay people thing, to hate on religious people blindly? Because if that's how it is, I then revoke my support of gay marriage. If you won't treat everyone with equality, then you don't deserve equality.

Is it a religious people thing to use the bible as an excuse to bash and harass many of us for centuries? I understand that there are other Christian sects that have adapted themselves to be gay friendly, but many of Christian sects have condemned us.

droomph

weeb
Years
Is it a religious people thing to use the bible as an excuse to bash and harass many of us for centuries? I understand that there are other Christian sects that have adapted themselves to be gay friendly, but many of Christian sects have condemned us.
This is what I am talking about.

Who cares about that? Who needs to know? The important thing is to understand that those people are wrong, and those people are to be ignored.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
This is what I am talking about.

Who cares about that? Who needs to know? The important thing is to understand that those people are wrong, and those people are to be ignored.

The problem with that it is nearly impossible to ignore. We've face damnation, scorn, hate, and injustice for centuries and these stem from interpretations from the bible. We aren't saying that Jesus Christ condemned gays, however; many translations/interpretations/publications of his words and beliefs have and they have made a lasting impression in our society.

Do you expect us to drop our distaste with the bible? Especially when it has been used for decades now to support political and legal decisions in matters that aren't about gay rights as well? Did you know, that the bible has been cited as an excuse for gay bashing? For torment? For violence? It's not easy for us to drop everything we went through to just forgive the a book is a medium for hate.

droomph

weeb
Years
The problem with that it is nearly impossible to ignore. We've face damnation, scorn, hate, and injustice for centuries and these stem from interpretations from the bible. We aren't saying that Jesus Christ condemned gays, however; many translations/interpretations/publications of his words and beliefs have and they have made a lasting impression in our society.

Do you expect us to drop our distaste with the bible? Especially when it has been used for decades now to support political and legal decisions in matters that aren't about gay rights as well? Did you know, that the bible has been cited as an excuse for gay bashing? For torment? For violence? It's not easy for us to drop everything we went through to just forgive the a book is a medium for hate.
But distaste doesn't mean free reign of ignorance.

I don't find your guys' posts harassing me enjoyable to read, but I still try to reply logically and foster some discussion. I even revise my arguments and counterarguments so that they reflect my understanding of your position better, often four or five times.

But guess what? I'm not suddenly considering your posts to be complimentary of me. They still are incredibly rude imo, but I still replied and thought about my position and why it might be wrong and how your position may be right.

Distaste≠ignorance.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
But distaste doesn't mean free reign of ignorance.

I don't find your guys' posts harassing me enjoyable to read, but I still try to reply logically and foster some discussion. I even revise my arguments and counterarguments so that they reflect my understanding of your position better, often four or five times.

But guess what? I'm not suddenly considering your posts to be complimentary of me. They still are incredibly rude imo, but I still replied and thought about my position and why it might be wrong and how your position may be right.

Distaste≠ignorance.

I'm sorry that you don't like how I break down your posts. As you can tell, I have zero respect for the bible. Just because I don't support the bible and its teachings, doesn't mean I don't support people who align themselves with it. As long as they don't use it as an excuse to hate and bash others then I am fine.

You think I was harassing you? Sure, the tone may have been rude, but I wasn't harassing you. I was stating the facts. Now I am going to harass you a bit. Do you think that you have the right to talk to us about ignorance? After all the scorn and hate we've been through? Do you really think we are the only ones at fault? Because it seems like that's the way you think. Before you butt your head in on the matter of how ALL gay people are ignorant, you should brush up on your history and maybe watch or read the news.

I find it really sad, that your ignorance has ignited anger from me. You have made the the angriest I have ever been on someone on the internet. And the thought alone depresses me.

Last edited:
Years
Whoa, wait, wow, what's going on? Where did all this come from? *confused* I feel like I missed something pretty major here, haha...

Back