• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2016
Assignments

Have any assignments for me yet?
I know I've been gone for a while but my computer was having repairs done, so now I'm back and ready to work.

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
I might be gone for a bit. my laptop is gone for repairs and this ipad really doesn't help much. oh and no assignments yet. Austin, I want that IPS ASAP.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Nickname/what you want to be called: dragon456
Position: Super Advanced Scripter, Beta Tester, Title Screen Editor (Pokemon only)
When you're on and timezone: Weekends and weeknights works for me. My timezone is GMT +8
Proof of Work: This, this, this, and this.
Way of contact: VM/PM
Why you want to join: Because I simply LOVE Team Rocket games and can't wait to get started immediately.

I'd love to get started as soon as possible so once the project starts, please notify me as soon as possible. I'm too excited for this. :P

I know, I'm just teasing XD! btw, I posted the money script cuz when I compile it into my rom(ruby) the money box doesn't show up. I was just wondering if the problem was the script, or the compiling.

I could help you with your money script. Send me the script and I'll fix it.

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Got a computer back, but not the original one I was using. Even though it wasn't much, all of the previous game data is not able to be retrieved. But I hope from now on we will be able to get good work done at a good speed.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Just let me know when you need me to start typing up events you want in the game man. Glad to have you back ^_^

Years
Name/What you want to be called: Arran or Deo doesn't matter
Skills:Story Writer/Reviewer or Tester. I also have some experience with over world spriting from working on my own personal games.
Past Experience: Writing is my hobby and talent
Proof of Work: None here on PC but I guess I could write a page of writing if you really wanted me to.
How should I contact you?:Here on PC via PM/VM or Skype
Time Zone: GMT-8 (PST)
Why you want to join: When I first started playing Pokemon hacks Toxic Purple was the one I was really looking forward to seeing done, I would like to help continue this project by contributing the best I can.

Sorry for the late application

Last edited:

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Dark Deo is accepted. Soul Saint is the other storyliner, you should talk with him to learn more about what's going on. The deadline to reply is on Feb 1st. If you want to stay on the team, i need a reply through pm. If you have one, add your cell #. Its fine if you don't have a cell, but this way its better to contact.
EDIT: wanted to say I found my phone.

Last edited:

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Dark Deo is accepted. Soul Saint is the other storyliner, you should talk with him to learn more about what's going on. The deadline to reply is on Jan 1st. If you want to stay on the team, i need a reply through pm. If you have one, add your cell #. Its fine if you don't have a cell, but this way its better to contact.
EDIT: wanted to say I found my phone.

January 1st has past already... c.c

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
sorry. Im new at this. Does anyone know how to change the place that the player starts at? I thought that because you're taking care of someone like a loved one, the game could start as the player standing next to the bed of that person. Who else thinks that most of the maps should be redone?

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Seriously? It's been, like, two weeks now and I STILL don't have anything to do -.-
When will the project start anyway?

Give Mini a break, he's had some trouble staying in touch and being able to even work on the hack. Patience my friend - You'll be getting work soon. Deo and I will be working together tomorrow to put together different idea's for the story, send them in to Mini and then work together on how to set them up once they get approved/edited for us to work with. There's one special bit that needs to be worked out before we bring it to you.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
sorry. Im new at this. Does anyone know how to change the place that the player starts at? I thought that because you're taking care of someone like a loved one, the game could start as the player standing next to the bed of that person.

You could try using SMCA or Start Map Chooser Advanced by HackMew. It lets you choose the starting map of the player, and the X and Y position of the player as well. Or, actually, you could try fixing the map of the player's room instead and make this loved one's sprite the sprite of the old man who lies down in Viridian City. Then when he passes away or is sent away or something, you could then arrange a setmaptile and disappear script for the grandpa.

Oh, by the way, you can download SMCA here. :)

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
M.L does, I believe.

And are we going to make a total of four possible ways to play through this hack?
1. As a pure Team Rocket member
2. As a pure police officer(Leading up to a global police agent, perhaps?)
3. As a member of Team Rocket at first, only to decide to turn-coat and be a double agent for the GP?
4. As a police officer until loss of job, due to a wrong choice, or feeling unrewarded for much of their hard work? Or for some other reason(s)...? This could be a choice the player can make right before a certain promotion, too.

And as this game starts off before Team Rocket becomes large and feared by many, I was just thinking how some starting missions can be of the player going around in a business suit(One of the many different disguises) as a recruiter. It would be easy to do and a way for the player to get a feel of how disguises work in-game, more so than boot-camp would.

For those of you confused on what I'm speaking of...when Minime is out of school I ask him if I can post what Deo and I talked about on here. Should give you all an idea of maps that could be done - As well as some scripts we've thought about.(You guys will have work finally! Hopefully soon) Not sure if the boss would like to talk over some of the things with Deo and I first, or get more event/mini-event/side-quest idea's from us before posting it all here.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Tired. Been getting the house ready to sell, so I've been inactive for the past couple of days. Until after next week I might not be on much or at all.

Update on Minime: He's got vacation next week, so he'll be working on this hack and giving out jobs to do.

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Was trying to start something with a neat tool, but it isn't working. I need one of the mappers to map more citylike viridian, celadon, and saffron cities. If anyone has some tiles that are good for the job, please use them. Post inthe thread if you're up to this job.

Last edited:
Back