• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blazichu's Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I will never change my mind about hacking gold....I will not convert xD

I just worked out the pointers and then found part of the Hoenn map, I still can't find the exact X and Y pointers. Also soon I might make a tutorial about adding new scripts into blank space for a gold/silver rom, all using hex :P.
I will be waiting for that! Please do so.
hi.

im looking into making a gold hack, can you tell me the trainer numbers for in agixp, 1 is falkner i know but can you tell me the others?

also, in my rom it only takes a few seconds on the titlescreen before a message pops up that says "clear all save data area?" how do i stop this message?
Blazichu has a .txt file of a list of all the trainers, in Agixp411, ask him.

I wonder why that happens, because that is the glitch that ONLY happend on my hack: Pokémon Eruption, due to ASM hacking the speed of text, so that it can be almost instant.

Are you using my patch from Reenage? Or are you a good ASM hacker of gold?

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
to be honest, im a complete n00b at hacking (only started a couple days ago) and tht message just keeps coming up and i dont know why...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Dragongod165 said:
hi.

im looking into making a gold hack, can you tell me the trainer numbers for in agixp, 1 is falkner i know but can you tell me the others?

also, in my rom it only takes a few seconds on the titlescreen before a message pops up that says "clear all save data area?" how do i stop this message?

Maybe it is your rom file, just make sure that doesn't happen. Also it could be a Hack-O-Matic(that came up with the error when I started).

I have attached the Agixp Trainer list.

So Enjoy!

Last edited:

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
Thank you for the agixp list,

is there any way i can transfer all the changes i have made to this rom to another and not have that message pop up?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Thank you for the agixp list,

is there any way i can transfer all the changes i have made to this rom to another and not have that message pop up?
I suggest you make a Patch of a clean gold Rom, then patch it to your hack.
If the problem continues, try a different Rom.

Blazichu: Any way to export images on GSC?

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
sorry for sounding like a total noob but how do i make an ips patch :\

EDIT:nvm, i made the clean patch and tried patching it to my hack but the message keeps coming up, so unless theres some other way of stopping it ill either have to start all over or just suffer with it coming up. i can still play the game if i dont wait for the message to come up and go to the continue new game screen real fast :\

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
That question is answered in this thread already. On the first page, it should say uncompressed tileset: <number>.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Madridsta you have to use the patch (the one cooley put up on the last page) before going to that offset then the titlescreen should be uncompressed.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
FHJoker said:
Where are the offsets to the intro animation with Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard ect.?

They would be around where it sayd Gamefreak in the part before that. They are compressed though and I do not know there exact location.

Also, I might get a new tutorial up soon. I am not sure what to do it on though I have a choice between creating a repointing tileset data tutorial (plus how to get clean/unedited tilesets) or how to create scripts for certain events tutorial (such as battles, walking scripts, triggered events, etc.). I am still not sure what one to do though.

Hopefully I will get one, maybe some people here might help me choose.

So Enjoy!

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
Either Tutorial would help a lot, but I think I would rather you do the one on the scripts as I still need to learn some scripting, although Cooley's tut helped me alot.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Well I lost it then, because of that change and my computer crashing not too long ago. But Agixp has been translated so it is easy to use now. Also please do not revive month old threads.

I'll try and some hex editing tutorials with images up as soon as possible.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
@pyro903: Here is the tutorial by Blazichu, if you still haven't found it elsewhere, it could still help with the English translation of AGIXP as long as you use your common sense lol and don't go looking for non-existent German words...

View attachment 42152

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I have decided to create another tutorial just check the attachment, it isn't too hard if you follow each step. This is a scripting tutorial about adding in new scripts, I used a give Pokemon script as an example.

So Enjoy!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2008
The scripting tutorial was great, although I do have a couple questions about it:
1. How do I find the script pointer of the person I want to give a script to (Step 7)?
2. Step 11 talks about calculating a new pointer. I have no idea how to do this, so I would use a pointer calculator, but I have no idea what that is either. What is a pointer calculator and where can I download one?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back