• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - July 2009

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon Iris

Votes: 29 16.0%
  • Pokémon Azure Horizons

Votes: 39 21.5%
  • Pokémon Legend of Fenju

Votes: 113 62.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
h2-hotm.png

Introduction

You have until the first of August to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I also vote for legend of fenju, as the pokemon iris is in another language so I can't base anything on it, and lof looks like a lot of effort and uniqueness has been put in it

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
I voted for Azure Horizons. Sure, Legend of Fenju is good, but it lacks one really important thing in a hack: Professionalism. Azure Horizons looks like it could be developed by Gamefreak and Nintendo.

ShinyLucario99

I em persun mekking pohsts :D
Years
I vote Legend of Fenju. It's addcting for some reason. I guess that's what happens when someone makes a great game for example Shiny gold x

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years
I vote for LoF, too! This time it's the month for Neti :P How many times was he nominated for it? xD
However it's one of the greatest hacks i've ever seen! With those great maps of Neti and so on...;)

~MOP

Years
Why does everyone vote for a hack with edited tiles and a beta release? I prefer hacks with Fire Red/Emerald/Platinum tiles that hasn't had a beta release. I also like rom hacks with the original story like having a rival, evil team, 8 gyms, elite four story.

I vote for Azure Horizons it is underrated.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
As much as I love Azure Horizons (I'd be more inclined to play its beta than Iris') I have to go with Iris. Azure Horizons is still too early in its development for me to vote for it. So much in Iris has been changed, it deserves to win this week imo.

...and I end up accidentally voting for Azure Horizons instead *headdesk*

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I vote for LoF as well since it looks great and is the only one of these hacks which will be done sometime for sure.

Also:
What do you mean legend of fenju is released ?
I can't find downloadlink in the thread.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
As much as I don't want to follow the crowd, I voted for Legend of Fenju, as I did the last time it was up here (when was that? March, maybe?). It's been in progress for the longest time (at least, I think so, but prove me wrong), and I think that it deserves to win something, if only for the dedication.

Nice one, Malin. ;)

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I vote lof! It's my favorite hack! I think that the storyline, the scripts, the mapping, the everything is hotm deserving if not hoty.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2021
I've voted for Pokémon Iris: It's got very good tiles and, Koder has done very good events. I remember that, when this hack was posted, without Koder (the creator was called "Lucky"), this hack weren't anything about what it's today.

But, Koder should have made this hack in English, or at least a translation. I can speak Spanish, but I don't like hacks in spanish. But anyway, it seems very good.

-----

Azure Horizons: It wasn't as good as Pokémon Iris - It's got Firered and Emerald tiles, and there is only new events/maps. It should be more "customized".

Pokémon Legend of Fenju: If it's base were Emerald/Ruby, I'd have voted for it. But, anyway, it seems very good. But, Pokémon Iris was better.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Legend of Fenju is pretty much interesting scripts and stuff. It's a good one. I'm not pretty interested in Pokémon Azure Horizons so it's out. And I never saw Pokémon Iris yet. Until I decide which one deserves for this month. I'm still undecided.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I love how Iris is presented but sadly, I hadn't heard of it before reading this post and I don't think it would be fair to vote on a whim.
With Iris gone, that leaves two hacks which both deserve to win this. It was difficult to decide which one to vote for. Unfortunately, Legend of Fenju has taken a huge, quite possibly inexorable lead over the competition, which is most likely due to 1) impressive graphics and 2) the fact that it has been around long enough to generate a large fanbase. Azure Horizons is just as beautiful in my opinion, without having all those spiffy ice tiles (however enticing they may or may not be) but it just isn't as well known as Legend of Fenju. I ended up voting for Azure Horizons because it has always been a policy of mine to vote for the underdog. Sadly, it will probably be in vain but regardless, I believe Azure Horizons is just as good, if not better, than Legend of Fenju.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back