• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guilty Pleasures

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think mine would have to be the show Awkward. xD I've told basically no one that I watch it. Not many people i know like it. I really do enjoy watching the show, though.
Haha, might I ask why? I also watch it, but I have no shame in telling people that I do. It's a quality written teen dramedy that's genuinely hilarious (everything Glee should have been). It's third season has been hitting a lot of high notes and has been breaking down a lot of barriers compared to what most shows are willing to do or are afraid to do today. For being on MTV, it's a pretty genius show.

On a different note, I've rediscovered the guilty pleasures of my seventeen year old self and have been listening to a lot of music from Mirando Cosgrove and Emily Osment these past couple of days. Not that anyone apart from you guys will ever know this, but HALP.

Recruit173

Kung Fu Random!
Years
Adventure Time. Geez, I know it doesn't have a 5-star storyline or state-of-the-art characters or animation, but I always find myself watching it because of its simplicity and innocence, the same reason I enjoyed Totoro. It isn't something I could easily put into words, it is just great during afternoons when you're doing nothing else.

While not necessarily being a guilty pleasure, I also like watching those old, old, now-obscure anime on YouTube that nearly everyone has forgotten about, such as those old Studio Pierrot anime. You could quiz me on them and I'd answer them with complete accuracy.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
There's only one thing I don't openly admit to reading/watching - the Twilight series. Definitely a guilty pleasure. It's a love-hate thing, because while I'm reading the books or watching the movies, I can point out all its flaws, cringe and roll my eyes at the stupid, sappy parts, yet I still read the entire series and watched every movie.

I remember I used to strip the covers off before taking the books out in public, so I would just look like I was reading a big, black book. And I've never seen the movies in cinemas, always waited for the DVD release so I can watch it in the privacy of my own home. {XD}

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Adventure Time. Geez, I know it doesn't have a 5-star storyline or state-of-the-art characters or animation, but I always find myself watching it because of its simplicity and innocence, the same reason I enjoyed Totoro. It isn't something I could easily put into words, it is just great during afternoons when you're doing nothing else.

While not necessarily being a guilty pleasure, I also like watching those old, old, now-obscure anime on YouTube that nearly everyone has forgotten about, such as those old Studio Pierrot anime. You could quiz me on them and I'd answer them with complete accuracy.

That show is anything but innocent :P . The amount of innuendos is above the charts, and they talk about 'Mushroom Wars'. Essentially, the show takes place after a Nuclear war in a post-apocalyptic world.

As for my guilty pleasure, I am surrounded by anti-Pokemon folks. Me, I'm still a big Pokemon fanatic.

Pinta77

Anime/manga is my guilty pleasure. And then if im amongst anime fans, black butler is my guilty pleasure.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For me it's the anime series Higurashi. When watching this particular show I want to make sure there's nobody else around and if there are others nearby I put no less than 3 separate locks on my room just to be safe because when I put this on my emotions more or less go into overdrive whether it be from watching one of the character's breakdowns leading to homicidal levels of rage that makes me want to thank the gods for providing me with such entertainment or from watching some of the more serious episodes of the show reminding me of certain parts of my childhood to where I feel like bursting into tears at times. I've watched my fair share of anime over the years but none so far have ever gotten me so emotionally attached like Higurashi did and still does to this day.

Long story short, those feels man.

Also, KissXSis.

Last edited:

Wazee Wynkoop

New Start!
Years
Anime and Pokémon, two of my biggest interests, are my guilty pleasures. My friends know I'm into them and are fine with it, but you won't see me being open about that to other people.

And Kesha. She's trashy, her lyrics are trashy, she uses trashy amounts of autotune, but I enjoy it all.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
To be honest, as someone who likes a large variety of music, it's quite hard to say I have many "guilty pleasures". I think Lady Gaga is probably one of my biggest, I both admire her work, and hate pop at the same time. Which is a complete contradiction. I guess you could say that anyone who likes Lost Prophets sees it as a "guilty pleasure" now...

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Pokemon and anime in general are guilty pleasures of mine, and there's Adventure Time and Steven Universe too. There's also music that I would consider guilty pleasures like Lady Gaga and Skillex. I probably have more but I can't think of them right now.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I've got to admit my guilty, my pleasure is watching Inuyasha (English Dub). I agree with everyone that the dub is horrible and such. But I guess loving it as a kid carried through my life, and I just keep rewatching it... ;_;

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
I have a guilty pleasure its (sobs in despair) 1 playing pokemon, 2 I have no life lol seriously, 3 I hate football cuz it is 4 hamma heads , 5 I hate wrestling like wwe 6 I like to play video games

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I pray and listen to the Bible in private... I don't think it is embarrassing, I just don't want anyone to make a big deal out of it.

Years
My guilty pleasure is watching Honey Boo Boo ;____; For some reason, I find it hilarious to watch their family XD It's one of the TLC shows that I can tolerate, other ones are questionable...

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Watching every episode of Zoey 101 and recording every episode to watch it again. Matter of fact, i'm watching it right now. It's the episode where Lola tries to date Chase but things don't work out. Watching Greek on Netflix, another guilty pleasure. :3

Back