• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For a griffon I can't help but think it'd be part fire, mainly because that's what a phoenix is like, and I assume they'd be all... similar? But fire/flying for a non-legendary but an actual bird and not Charizard would be awesome.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Disable/Encore

There should be a new Pokémon that should learn both Disable and Encore. There aren't any in the current 5 Generations that can learn BOTH those moves (without the use of Sketch). I would be cheesed off if GameFreak doesn't.

Guy

just a guy
Years
No need for this to be a topic on its own, so I'm kicking this over into the New Pokémon Spec. thread.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
There should be a new Pokémon that should learn both Disable and Encore. There aren't any in the current 5 Generations that can learn BOTH those moves (without the use of Sketch). I would be cheesed off if GameFreak doesn't.

Maybe! I'm kind of interested in Pokemon that can work outside of singles being introduced. Like something made for doubles etc to make everything more interesting.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I was think a Pokemon with the combination of a cola bottle and a Hulk Inspired Pokemon.

Imagine a cute and tiny Pokemon that looks like or close to a soda bottle. A Pokemon that produces Soda. Taste amazing, but the after taste is just horrible. People get mad shake the Pokemon in anger. Building its anger, but it's nature is Forgiving. But if the Soda Bottle Pokemon gets shaken and angered to the max. It will evolve into an Angry Soda Pokemon. Imagine a cola bottle being dunked with mentos with a very very angry face, extremely strong, and hella erupting sticking-foamy-cola of teeth-eroding destruction.

Years
I want a sudowoodo evolution that looks like a grand oak tree with huge trunk arms. I also want to see a legit wolf Pokemon that can take on Zoroark and the whole fox clan. I'm digging that ice/flying owl idea.

Years
I still think Jynx should get an evolution. And I'm hoping they come up with something clever regarding more counter-types such as a Pokemon that is Fire/Water (kind of like the move Scald), Grass/Fire, Ice/Electric. They did a great job with Water/Electric with Lanturn, maybe they can come up with something amazing again.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I agree whole-heartedly. I'd love to see more contradicting types being used more as dual types. Lanturn was indeed fantastic, so I'd love to see some more stuff along those lines (especially Fire/Grass)!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I still think Jynx should get an evolution. And I'm hoping they come up with something clever regarding more counter-types such as a Pokemon that is Fire/Water (kind of like the move Scald), Grass/Fire, Ice/Electric. They did a great job with Water/Electric with Lanturn, maybe they can come up with something amazing again.

Ice/Electric I'd imagine would likely be special, because Wild Charge and non-accurate Ice moves would kind of limit the usefulness of this Pokemon :'(

Years
Altough it will probably not happen... I wish Steel type will lose its immunity to Poison type and be only immune to Poison status.
(Steel should normally be weak to Acid moves...)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Dragon/grass should've been Serperior. :( And bringing it in now would just... be a slap in the face p much. I don't mind though but people might get a little annoyed lool.

Years
^ Why not a Dragon/Grass evolution for Tropius. (like someone already said before)
EDIT: If Serperior was Dragon Grass.... It would be awesome x awesome.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I personally would love to see the Normal type get more interesting combinations. I really liked Sawsbuck, which drew my attention to the lack of Normal being combined with very many other types. In fact, Normal has only been combined with Flying, Psychic, Water, Grass, and Fighting, which is kind of surprising to me. All of the Pokemon with a Normal/something other than flying type are also particularly interesting to me (despite maybe Bibarel). This makes me hope that the next generation brings more types combined with normal, hopefully resulting in some pretty cool Pokemon design-wise. Some particular combinations I would like to see are Normal/Ghost, Normal/Ice, Normal/Electric, and Normal/Dragon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A Normal/Fire-type would be awesome if it had like, Wild Charge, Double Edge, Flare Blitz and like Moxie imo :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If there was a Normal-Ghost, then I think it'd be crazy defensiveee. I could see it like Sableye, kind of, too!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't really see Normal/Ghost as the best offensive type sooo yeah :( Just with the whole immunities thing I'd think it'd be defensive!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I agree that Normal/Ghost would be defensive because of the three immunities, maybe they could go a little further and give it levitate - giving it the most immunities of all pokemon (aside from Shedinja), so yeah defensive pokemon like Dusclops, maybe have pain split and confuse ray.

My question is what would it look like?

Back