• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Asphar Version

Of which feature would you like to see a short video?

• A Storyline Event

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • The Revamped Intro

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • The Battle System

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Training

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • The Laptop

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • The Menu

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Pokemon World

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Move Selection

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Something Else (please state)

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
For the Hero speaking, I could see something like they use in the game, Knights of the Old Republic, being cool.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Well, I was always annoyed that my character was mute. Especially in Mystery Dungeon. What kind of person/Pokemon communicate by scratching the ground with their feet? I would like it if the main character could talk.

Years
Thanks for your opinions guys.

Liveupdate2.png

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Just noticed the status in the screenshot last posted.
Can you bring them to a Pokécenter to fully heal instantly or do you have to leave them off?
Nice feature adding that in by the way. It will be an interesting factor to remember while playing the game.

Years
Just noticed the status in the screenshot last posted.
Can you bring them to a Pokécenter to fully heal instantly or do you have to leave them off?
Nice feature adding that in by the way. It will be an interesting factor to remember while playing the game.

Any Pokemon you want healed, you leave at a Pokecentre, and the healing won't be instant. If it's only HP then generally it won't take very long. But other things such as injuries/illness can take a while.

It may seem like a put-off, having to wait, but when you consider the fact that Trainer Battles are refuseable (and thus you don't have to go wading through a small army of them on route to the next town) then its not such a nuisance.

The previous two screenshots have been showing the Live Update part of the Laptop. This allows you to check on the pokemon you've left in Dojos and Pokecentres, and see a rough idea of how long it'll take until they've finished their training/are fully healed.

That's what the green bars represent in the last screenshot. It's going to take quite a while for Pidgey's wing to heal.

It also tells you in which Pokecentre/Dojo you've left the Pokemon. Again, this may seem like a nuisance if you left your Pikachu all the way back in the first Pokecentre you came across, but you also have to take into account that you can Fly from the beginning of the game - well as soon as you catch a Pokemon capable of carrying you anyways.

oldenmw

so i herd u liek mudkipz
Years
i like the idea that the hero can talk and choose his own path - it makes the game very interesting. i hate the way that your path is set, its just not exciting. Keep up the good work and i hope to see a demo soon!

btw, you should put updates on your progress on the main post
EDIT- Whoops didnt see it at the botom lol

Years
i like the idea that the hero can talk and choose his own path - it makes the game very interesting. i hate the way that your path is set, its just not exciting. Keep up the good work and i hope to see a demo soon!

btw, you should put updates on your progress on the main post
EDIT- Whoops didnt see it at the botom lol

That's another vote for talking then.
In regards to a demo, that's still a way off yet, but I'll probably be uploading a video soon, to break up the monotomy of screenshots. :)

Years
To make the game MORE unique than it already is, will you have certain characters (based on popularity) be able to travel with you, or have a girlfriend(XD what the hell am I saying). I think you could add somethings along those lines Oh and I think the hero should speak

oldenmw

so i herd u liek mudkipz
Years
sounds good. just wondering- what part of the game is the video going to be showing? or is that a surprise ;)

i like the idea of certain characters traveling with you/girlfriend, but will they have pokemon? then you could have a 2v2 where you only control 1 pokemon

Years
sounds good. just wondering- what part of the game is the video going to be showing? or is that a surprise ;)

i like the idea of certain characters traveling with you/girlfriend, but will they have pokemon? then you could have a 2v2 where you only control 1 pokemon

lol idk i didn't think that far. would be fun though

Years
To make the game MORE unique than it already is, will you have certain characters (based on popularity) be able to travel with you, or have a girlfriend(XD what the hell am I saying). I think you could add somethings along those lines Oh and I think the hero should speak

I can't say too much on this as I don't want to spoil the storyline.
Spoiler:

sounds good. just wondering- what part of the game is the video going to be showing? or is that a surprise ;) It's a surprise, mainly because I haven't decided yet. :P

I'm not saying anything on this at the moment. Too spoiler-ish. :P

oldenmw

so i herd u liek mudkipz
Years
While you don't exactly get a girlfriend (it's not really a road I want to explore in this game), you will become close friends with someone who is a girl. In fact it's integral to one of the storylines.

sounds like a girlfriend to me.. lol (unless its your mom..)

Years
I have a question though it might be dubbed spoiler-ish. So I'll ask it anyway, how will your pokemon evolve if there is no lvl system? Is it when the learn a certain attack?

Years
sounds like a girlfriend to me.. lol (unless its your mom..)

lol... no its not your mom. And I just meant not-girlfriend as in no making-out, no dates, etc, just close friends.

I have a question though it might be dubbed spoiler-ish. So I'll ask it anyway, how will your pokemon evolve if there is no lvl system? Is it when the learn a certain attack?

Evolution will happen in many different ways, and I'd like for it to be mostly up to the player to work out, but some of the contributing factors could be:
  • Age of the Pokemon
  • The Pokemon's Stats
  • The Pokemon's Personality
  • How they are treated
  • How they are trained
Etc.

I'll probably include a guide with the release for anyone who wants to find out the easy way.

oldenmw

so i herd u liek mudkipz
Years
i like that evolution... i mean just making a pokemon be your slave wont make it want to evolve. if your were to make a guide, have it cover most of the gameplay

Years
The more I talk and learn about it the more I wanna play

The more I talk about it, the more I wanna play it lol

i like that evolution... i mean just making a pokemon be your slave wont make it want to evolve.

Yeah, I mean you can always try to force it to evolve, and you may succeed, but the long-term consequences will most of the time far outweigh the gain.

oldenmw

so i herd u liek mudkipz
Years
im excited to see this put together, i am also wondering about the consequences. are you saying that the non-evolved pokemon are stronger than the evolved forms?

Back