• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Wow its been a long time cince I was here. Well anyway I actually have a new shiny to post about. So, Saturday I was getting ready to level up my Gigalith to battle Elesa in Pokemon White. I bought a bunch of repels to KO Audino with. So I went to the route west of Nimbasa, sprayed a repel and eventually a shaking grass appeared. When I went into it an Audino appeared and it was shiny.I want expecting it. I threw a Quick Ball and caught it So I now have a random encountered shiny Audino in Pokemon White.

Nice job on that shiny~

Though something I wanted to point out (And I am not trying to offend just pointing it out) is that it's funny people will say "I wasn't expecting this" when they run into a shiny when it wasn't their intention. Not saying I'm not guilty of it. But it is funny. XD I mean how many of you will be training a pokemon, be all "the next thing I find is this, and it will be shiny!" and have it be that way without cheating? It's amusing when ya think about it.

And as for me, I am, as you know, taking a bit of a break while I raid the new DW area. So good luck to the rest of ya on your hunts. <3

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Dwebble, Troggy!

Congrats on the shiny Audino, Shiny Celebi! I also caught a shiny Audino with a Quick Ball on White back in June.

I've been busy hatching Beldum with a non-Japanese Ditto trying to find one with an Adamant nature which I would then breed with my Japanese Ditto. I'm not having any luck. It doesn't help that Beldum hatches at 10,240 steps, not including Flame Body, which I am using. Most Pokémon have a hatch rate of 5,120 steps. I hatched a couple with a Jolly nature, so I wonder if I should just go with one of them.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Heya, I would like to join!

I obtained my first own shiny today on my HG, and it was a Shiny Magikarp! It was RE, I wasn't even thinking about it, I was about to go out of Dragon's Den. Now it's on my White, EV Training it, :3

Years
Heya, I would like to join!

I obtained my first own shiny today on my HG, and it was a Shiny Magikarp! It was RE, I wasn't even thinking about it, I was about to go out of Dragon's Den. Now it's on my White, EV Training it, :3

Wow, congrats! Magikarp is awesome :3

Of my own hunts, I literally JUST hit 600 eggs on Riolu. ): I wish it would shine, I want to get on with Ho-oh. I started a Snivy Masuda hunt so I'm dual hunting Riolu and Snivy, just because I was bored of all the blue Riolus I was seeing. After I finished Riolu I'm going to do a LOT of Ho-oh SRs though, and complete Snivy sometime after.

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 5, 2012
TheShinyEevee I know how you feel the next non shiny candle I hatch is getting a really nasty nickname. 1107 eggs on litwick so far.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
TheShinyEevee, thanks. :3 I hope that your gold Riolu will come, :)
And congrats on that Weavile, zombie101!

jordsters

The master of... TEH FLOON
Years
I have decided what I am hunting! A Shiny Zorua! I've currently gone through 3 eggs with my Japanese Emolga.

Wow its been a long time cince I was here. Well anyway I actually have a new shiny to post about. So, Saturday I was getting ready to level up my Gigalith to battle Elesa in Pokemon White. I bought a bunch of repels to KO Audino with. So I went to the route west of Nimbasa, sprayed a repel and eventually a shaking grass appeared. When I went into it an Audino appeared and it was shiny.I want expecting it. I threw a Quick Ball and caught it So I now have a random encountered shiny Audino in Pokemon White.
Awesome. I love Shiny Audino's colours.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
My turn for a shiny that, due to its randomness, I totally wasn't expecting. First wild pokemon of the day no less....

So I woke up and decided to continue with my HG challenge file. I load it, went through MT mortar with a repel and came out the other side. I decided to at that moment, after my repel had worn off (I went in there to battle some guy) go do the second suicune encounter. So I hop on my omanyte and begin surfing along. First wild pokemon of the day?

vj62v.jpg

Shiny goldeen. I actually stared at it like a complete idiot until I saw it sparkle. My mind was like "No... no way... no... It can't be a-" *goldeen sparkles* "HOLY BAJEEBUS IT IS!" And then I freaked. I was actually scared I wouldn't catch it... I only had 9 pokeballs, a premier ball and a fast ball... But one pokeball and premier ball later.... That thing is mine. <3

Hooray for random and thus unexpected shinies!
dancing_dummy_by_kath602-d3dt4hu.gif

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on everyone's new shinies!

This week's random shiny hunt is... Duskull! It's ironic that it's a Ghost-type in October.

I will be alternating between hunts this month to keep things fresh. Litwick is of course my main hunt, which is currently at 2,261 eggs. I will be reopening my hunts for Archen and Cranidos. A big reason is because of the show Terra Nova. I finished MMIV (Masuda Method/IV) breeding Beldum, which only took 49 eggs, but a lot of hours. I also plan on MMIV breeding for Mantine and Carvanha. I will probably hatch several Ghost, Psychic, and Dark-type Pokémon throughout the month as well because of Halloween.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Hello everyone

I would really like to join this club :)

I have been playing Pokemon since R&B, although haven't played all the gens in between - I'll get there one day - it's something to look forward too! At the moment I'm playing B&W, it really reignighted my passion for Pokemon

I have two shinies (Lake of Rage Red Gyarados not included) a random encounter Rhyhorn in Diamond and an Oshawott in Black.

I've been MMing in my boyfriends Black version for all 3 shiny starters, so I can start my White adventure with a trio of Shiny Starters!!

I have hatched 650+ Snivy eggs so I'm getting closer to my gorgeous shiny Grass Snake, then it's just Tepig to go

Congratulations on everone elses' shinies, it would be a real insipration to read about your achievements everyday! I hope I covered everything and that I am accepted to the club x

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
WOOHOOO!! After 11368 SRs, tepig FINALLY decides to shine!!
And guess what's its nature.....ADAMANT :D
I had also SRed for an ID of 49494 so that's an added bonus haha..
here he is:
2011-10-03214330-1.jpg

here's the encounter picture:
Tepig-1.jpg

at long last i can start the story!

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Nothing major to report, been super busy lately. I'm up to 421 eggs on Gulpin. I know I'm not super far yet, but given how busy I've been I'm pretty pleased with my progress. Good luck to us all on our respective shiny hunts, and may we hope to see a blue Gulpin soon!

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
YES, guess what I just found on my Pokemon Rumble.... I found a SHINY RAPIDASH. It happened without any fair warning, I was there playing pokemon rumble battling the boss Magmar on the EX Level Fiery Furnace. There was a small army of Rapidashes surrounding the boss and I saw one of them sparkle, so I looked again and It had grey flames instead of red. So of course I freaked and went to KO it first, ignoring the boss. Luckily all shinies on Rumble drop so I knew as soon as I saw it, it was mine. I am also super happy it was on the EX level unlike my pikachu (which is unusable because it is so under powered) so now I have a usable Shiny Rapidash and it's movepool isn't bad either.
cimg0099a.jpg

legendarypokemon

He has multiple Personalities
Years
I only had 9 pokeballs, a premier ball and a fast ball
I always carry at least 50 poke, ultra, and great balls Anywhoo, nothing much to report here, but i did borrow a shiny haxorus for the E4 today, thanks to AssasinJay1229

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Well, I didn't want to post again until I was accepted into the group but I have exciting news:

After 790 eggs I hatched a Shiny Snivy!!

He has a Sassy nature, which boosts his speed stat! I'm so excited and proud!

Congratulations to Acreus Whisper for the Shiny Rapidash (one of my fav. 1st Gen pokemon!) and abhi123 for the Tepig. I'm currenly MMing for Tepig!

I had a question as well, for anyone who has used the Masuda Method:

What is your technique, i.e. do you collect a bunch of eggs then hatch them, collect a party full and hatch them, or anything else?

After spending a fortune getting Snivy out of Daycare I decided I would collect and hatch a box of eggs and if none were shiny I would SR and start again, although (I know it sounds crazy) I am worried it wont work! I like seeing my armies of hatched non shinies as a reminder I'm getting closer to my goal!! Anyway I'm interested in hearing your techniques :D

Happy hunting!

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 5, 2012
I get 5 at a time wait till they all hatch then get another 5 i also go through the E4 to get money until they hatch ;)

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Well, I didn't want to post again until I was accepted into the group but I have exciting news:

After 790 eggs I hatched a Shiny Snivy!!

He has a Sassy nature, which boosts his speed stat! I'm so excited and proud!

Congratulations to Acreus Whisper for the Shiny Rapidash (one of my fav. 1st Gen pokemon!) and abhi123 for the Tepig. I'm currenly MMing for Tepig!

I had a question as well, for anyone who has used the Masuda Method:

What is your technique, i.e. do you collect a bunch of eggs then hatch them, collect a party full and hatch them, or anything else?

After spending a fortune getting Snivy out of Daycare I decided I would collect and hatch a box of eggs and if none were shiny I would SR and start again, although (I know it sounds crazy) I am worried it wont work! I like seeing my armies of hatched non shinies as a reminder I'm getting closer to my goal!! Anyway I'm interested in hearing your techniques :D

Happy hunting!

But nothing on my Goldeen? >:C /mock offense
Just kidding. It's fine. XD

I hate to say it, but Sassy nature is a minus speed nature. Plus Special Defense. :c Plus speed natures are Jolly, Timid, Naive and Hasty.

And technically you are already accepted. XD

My method is I get 5 eggs, go and hatch them all... But as they hatch I cover the screen. I am not going to look at them until they are all hatched. I am impulsive. Seeing my failures would make me want to release them (As I tend to do to preserve my ever-more-valuable box space) and get more. That SR method sounds interesting, really. XD

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on all the new shinies! There's been a spike of good luck this week. Hopefully some of it will rub off on me.

My method is I get 4 eggs, fly to the Skyarrow Bridge with my Archeops, and use a Litwick that I previously hatched MMing that has the Flame Body ability to cut the time it takes to hatch the eggs in half.

My Hunts
Litwick: 2,299
Archen: 50
Cranidos: 38
Mantine: 64 (done)
Carvanha: 4 (done)

I'm thinking about trying to get another Japanese Pokémon in a trade, since my Ditto has been such a complete failure. Either that or give up on the Masuda Method completely and switch to REing. I've hatched about 4,000 Pokémon through MMing, and have yet to hatch a single shiny Pokémon. I caught my shiny Audino at 4,000 something encounters.

Last edited:

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
Congrats on all the new shinies! There's been a spike of good luck this week. Hopefully some of it will rub off on me.

My method is I get 4 eggs, fly to the Skyarrow Bridge with my Archeops, and use a Litwick that I previously hatched MMing that has the Flame Body ability to cut the time it takes to hatch the eggs in half.

My Hunts
Litwick: 2,299
Archen: 50
Cranidos: 38
Mantine: 64 (done)
Carvanha: 4 (done)

I'm thinking about trying to get another Japanese Pokémon in a trade, since my Ditto has been such a complete failure. Either that or give up on the Masuda Method completely and switch to REing. I've hatched about 4,000 Pokémon through MMing, and have yet to hatch a single shiny Pokémon. I caught my shiny Audino at 4,000 something encounters.

Sometimes I try to MM and RE at the same time, and seeing as your luck with MM is so bad are you sure your Ditto is really Jap or just made to look that way?

My Petlil hunt is at MM:600 RE:257

Back