• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Since you don't have much time...have you thought about just dropping the third region?

ze656

Fire-Type Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
Well, I'm new here and I just wanted to congratulate you for all the great job done until now!
Keep at it! ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2008
Hey whats up zel, I just wanted to let you know that you're a genius for this and that this is the greatest Pokemon game ever (besides the original Gold). I say that and this isn't even a finished product. I've been aware you've been working on this game since you released beta 3 but I haven't really voiced my opinion on the game.

The only criticisms I have are small things and even those I can get past, but my biggest gripe with the game is that you used a god awful sprite for my favorite Pokemon: Feraligatr.

I know the sprite in fire Red looks much cooler than that one, so my suggestion is that you change the Feraligatr sprite back to the way it was or even to Emeralds Feraligatr sprite. Also I think that you should've added the Team Magma/Aqua grunts music from R/S/E as the Team Rocket grunts music instead of the Magma/Aqua admin music. Lastly you definitely need to change the wild Pokemon battle and trainer battle musics, they are the most boring tracks out of any songs on all the Pokemon games.

Other than that...keep up the good work and I hope you'll be done soon.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hello everyone, skipping some questions that could be worth of replying in the Help Thread (you know, this thread), and questions about how to make the game save properly (which I and many of us have answered countless times), again a whole discussion about pirates (which has an easy answer: Never buy unofficial games!), and a comment that seemed to have caused some problems (and that I cant really answer, as we wont know as I only work on this project), avoiding all that, this is what I can reply to...

There are ways to convert those mp3s to MIDI format though right? Or will that just kill the greatness of the new music?

There are, at least I remember about something like that when I was still working with RPG Maker. Probably things have progressed, because when I tried a program for that, the result was quite bad.

And what about screenies? I know other ppl been asking, and i don't want to annoy, but WE ARE IN NEED XD

And zel... be honoured
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Gold#Pok.C3.A9mon_ShinyGold

Screenies wont get released till I start to fix bugs and beta test the B6. That'll give me more time to distract people :P

Should I? I dont know, not like I know much about how important is Bulbapedia :\

Hey, was it you guys who made that awesome version of Necron's theme at the end?

It was on a zipped file that I had since the time I worked with RPGM. So, not like I could remember the whereabouts of that zip file or who is the creator. So, credits to the person behind it, whoever you are :D

Hey, Zel, you know the staff in the Celadon Mansion, you should replace them with you and anyone else that helped you significantly in this game's development. (Music, scripters, etc.)

In fact, you may not have spotted me, but I was there (taking a break, as usual XD), I dont think I'll change those guys, after all, they did the game to begin with, they deserve their credit :P

Ok supose I had a flash cart for gba. If I used the patched rom would it still run like it would in the emulator?
On a side note about how many more mini games do you plan to make?

I dont know. According to people who have done it, seems like it would.
One more for the next release, and then one or two more puzzles for the Trick House.

Hey there Zel, another small question about the hack...

When was it that you chnage to the tiles you are currently using? I don't remember if in Beta 2(?) you had them or the orignial FR tiles.

Also, how often do you restart your game on SG? You keep adding thins in previous maps and you must have to keep starting again to get the full advantage out of each addity. Do you use the same team each time?

Oh yeah, we may have to get this thread cleaned uyp again... There's alot of random off topic posting/flaming/asking the same questions over and over again. Maybe you should create a neg rep systme where off topic posters get bad rep? It's really annoying whenever you check back to see if there are anymore screenies or updates by you and all you find is "My game won't save! Help me!!!".

I wonder... I think it was on Beta4. And I was a bit reluctant to change them, but a comment from Neos made me, at least try to see how the game would look with a few changes in the graphical area, and I ended up liking them. So, I switched to "let's try to make the graphics of this game a mix of every generation", dont know if that'll be nice to everyone, but that's how it's gonna be.

Usually, when I start to do a serious bug fixing or when I'm starting a beta testing with my testers. I dont really like to start a new game (as much as you do, yeah :P), but, it's the only way to make sure everything is working correctly.
My team? I'm such a fool, I always want to make my own team (Carlos' team), so that makes playing multiple times a bit boring.

Unfortunately, this is the second thread, and the first one got closed for the same reasons. Starting another would get the same result so in the end, creating a new thread, getting some offtopicness, closing a thread, creating another sounds a bit pointless to me. It may happen eventually, but not anytime soon.
Besides, I think there are a lot of links on the web that would lead people to the less updated thread, and that would lead to more problems.
I'll keep trusting that mods will take care of this thread and the Rom Hacking area with their best effort ;)

Hey whats up zel, I just wanted to let you know that you're a genius for this and that this is the greatest Pokemon game ever (besides the original Gold). I say that and this isn't even a finished product. I've been aware you've been working on this game since you released beta 3 but I haven't really voiced my opinion on the game.

The only criticisms I have are small things and even those I can get past, but my biggest gripe with the game is that you used a god awful sprite for my favorite Pokemon: Feraligatr.

I know the sprite in fire Red looks much cooler than that one, so my suggestion is that you change the Feraligatr sprite back to the way it was or even to Emeralds Feraligatr sprite. Also I think that you should've added the Team Magma/Aqua grunts music from R/S/E as the Team Rocket grunts music instead of the Magma/Aqua admin music. Lastly you definitely need to change the wild Pokemon battle and trainer battle musics, they are the most boring tracks out of any songs on all the Pokemon games.

Other than that...keep up the good work and I hope you'll be done soon.

Too bad about Feraligatr, it's the first complain I hear, so unless I get more, there's nothing I can do. I thought it was a good work from Marnic, but as always, it's just a matter of opinions, it seems.

I liked the admin music more, it was more like "it makes me eager to battle", but dont worry too much about it. As the original Gold TR battle theme will be used there, anyway.
That goes also for the other musics you mention. Check out clonex25 and Magnius accounts on Youtube to get a better idea of how they could sound (criticism, if there's any, is always welcome, as that's useful to improve)

So, that's it. I'll get back to work on my maps for the next minigame after I lunch.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2008
Too bad about Feraligatr, it's the first complain I hear, so unless I get more, there's nothing I can do. I thought it was a good work from Marnic, but as always, it's just a matter of opinions, it seems.

I liked the admin music more, it was more like "it makes me eager to battle", but dont worry too much about it. As the original Gold TR battle theme will be used there, anyway.
That goes also for the other musics you mention. Check out clonex25 and Magnius accounts on Youtube to get a better idea of how they could sound (criticism, if there's any, is always welcome, as that's useful to improve)

So, that's it. I'll get back to work on my maps for the next minigame after I lunch.

That's great about the music and I guess I can live with the Feraligatr. The music is an essential part of the game and its good you realize that. Thanks for gettin back so quick.

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008

Yeah I have to agree I never liked the Feraligatr sprite either.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Should I? I dont know, not like I know much about how important is Bulbapedia :\
In fact, you may not have spotted me, but I was there (taking a break, as usual XD), I dont think I'll change those guys, after all, they did the game to begin with, they deserve their credit :P.
Bulbapedia is simply the wiki of Pokemon, and not only in looks. They're updating everything to Platinium standards (movesets, sprites, etc.) so it's a bit messy right now, but it's quality is parallel (i mean, considering the gynourmous Wikipedia with the "tiny" BPedia) to it's father's. I say be honored because what could a man wish more than to be an entry in an encyclopedia? XD

You don't need to evict Game Freak, you can just cram your room... oh wait, you're taking a break... meh, map an extra floor, easy stuff XD
Then when we talked to magni or clonex a song would play (pewter jigglypuff maybe? :D)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2009
Yeah i didnt like the feraligatr and typhlosion sprites that much. There eyes dont seem right. Also where are the minigames?

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
I also quite dislike the feraligatr sprite, but I dislike every Feraligatr sprite I have seen up to now. Guess I'm not a good reference. xD
Hmm... Let's see... Something to cause impact...
I know! Happy Easter!

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
I have a glitch.

if you don't show elm the togepi before you beat the pokemon league, you can't get the master ball, which is too bad because this happened to me. :(

you can also bike in the lavender town name rater's house.

Last edited:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
I have a glitch.

if you don't show elm the togepi before you beat the pokemon league, you can't get the master ball, which is too bad because this happened to me. :(
Yeah, I know this has been mentioned already, but i dont know if Zel has fixed it for Beta 6 though.

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
That's great about the music and I guess I can live with the Feraligatr. The music is an essential part of the game and its good you realize that. Thanks for gettin back so quick.

BTW to make things easier for you, here are our Youtube accounts (click Channels to make search easier):

clonex25: kuronekkusu25
Magnius: Ryuseikun

Years
legendary

is there the three legendary dogs and lugia where i get the silver wing? i met the dogs in the tower after beat the rival and i defeat the pokemon league and is not apparead the dogs and i want LUGIA! please thanks zel

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Lugia is in Beta 6 as the Silver Wing is in Pewter, which is in b6. The 3 legendary dogs that some call cats and other things are in the game on random routes as overworld sprites ie dogs.

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
another dude

in the fire red original you can fight the elite four with better pokemons on lvl 70 when you do some things.

so this will happen in the shiny gold or the elite four will be always the same?

bye bye, Kabe ;)

Back