• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon X and Y soundtrack to be released on iTunes

Will you be purchasing the Pokémon X and Y soundtrack on iTunes?

• Total voters

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
NO, PLEASE NO! NOT THE THEME THAT PLAYS WHEN YOUR POKEMON'S HP DROPS INTO THE RED!

That theme has caused me distortion! It drives me insane! It ruins the original theme that's playing! It's not a good theme anyways!

They got rid of that ear-piercing ringing noise and made a song out of it! Whyyyy?

And I loved (one of the few things that was worth bringing back from a Gen 5 game!) the "changed up gym" theme idea from Black 2/White 2. I wished they used it for the battle themes as well, and not just for the gyms itself.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That'd be pretty cool.

I'd imagine Viola would have the "normal" gym them much like Cheren did as she's the first gym leader and so introduces the gym music.
Same, as it's hard to think what a photographer could have...other than annoying flashing sounds...

I'll like to see diverse E4 themes too :3

Years
I don't think I'll buy it, but I hope the tracks turn out awesome. I am hoping they pull a Black 2/White 2 with this and give remixed music in every Gym associated with the type specialty.

blue

gucci
Years
220 is plenty more than previous tracks! I look forward to hearing the new music in the games and I'll probably most definitely buy it.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
220 is plenty more than previous tracks! I look forward to hearing the new music in the games and I'll probably most definitely buy it.

It seems Bulbapedia made a typo when it reported that.
If you see the actual announcement on youtube, it's 202 songs, still a lot, but still 18 less.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It contains 202 soundtracks? Well, that's... a lot. xD It's a good idea that they're releasing them on iTunes, because I'm sure many people will buy them. Who doesn't like listening to Pokémon music, to be honest? I know I do!

I'll definitely buy the album when it's released. I hope they include a few R/S/E remixes in there, and also some D/P/PT remixes.

blue

gucci
Years
If you see the actual announcement on youtube, it's 202 songs, still a lot, but still 18 less.

Oh, well iirc the Black & White soundtrack had approx 172 so it's still a good few more than that. I hope we get some remixes of previous games too i.e B2W2, DPPT, RSE etc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I'm definitely going to be taking advantage of this--and by that I mean it will be a day-one purchase for me.

I've had to import all the other soundtracks and, nothing against importing, but it costs significantly more than if the CDs were released locally. I'm very happy that the soundtrack is finally being released worldwide.

Granted, I would have preferred a physical release, but any official release is fine with me!

And that cover is gorgeous!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm definitely going to be taking advantage of this--and by that I mean it will be a day-one purchase for me.

I've had to import all the other soundtracks and, nothing against importing, but it costs significantly more than if the CDs were released locally. I'm very happy that the soundtrack is finally being released worldwide.

Granted, I would have preferred a physical release, but any official release is fine with me!

And that cover is gorgeous!

Yes that cover is beautiful.
I do wish they'd also release it on Amazon MP3 too though for people that don't have iTunes on their pc, aka, me and quite a few others.
It's a bit silly to have to download iTunes just to get this soundtrack, but I guess it'd be totally worth it.

Years
Definitely looking forward to this.

Pokémon music is great and its a good move on Nintendo's part to sell their soundtracks like Halo 4 and Journey did.

Spoiler:

Years
If this is from the games then crap, why buy it when you could listen to it while you play? do you really need 202? Meh, if it is from the anime then omg this is like the best thing ever lol

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
If this is from the games then crap, why buy it when you could listen to it while you play? do you really need 202? Meh, if it is from the anime then omg this is like the best thing ever lol

It's the games dude.

Also, since the game will contain event music and certain music you'll never hear again, then of course you'll want the soundtrack.

IllusDark8

I can't wait for the soundtrack, it's just one of those series where I don't hesitate to miss out on the Soundtracks.

The Nintendo 3DS has great power when it comes to how music can be created, so I'm really hoping the people at Game Freak uses it to the best of their abilities.

blue

gucci
Years
Guys, a new trailer today showcased 2 new tracks, they both seem to be Battle Music.
And they're both awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BftrqE2CQiQ
The first track may be the Legendary Mascot Battle music, while the second track, I have no clue.
But it's very similar to stuff ya hear in Shin Megami Tensei.

Those soundtracks might not officially be in-game but to add more of a dramatic effect to the trailer, I would love for those two to be in-game but I'm not sure if they sound very.. Pokémonish.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Those soundtracks might not officially be in-game but to add more of a dramatic effect to the trailer, I would love for those two to be in-game but I'm not sure if they sound very.. Pokémonish.

Pretty sure they'll be in game, TPC has never been the one to put non-game music on the Main series game trailers, and tbh, you can't imagine they'd create TWO separate tracks, that are very short, and rather obviously unfinished, just for this one trailer.

Remember, all music in the trailers for the Gen 5 main games featured in the games, so it will here too.

Plus at the Championships, Junichi was talking about how we'd have much higher quality, and more varied music.

Last edited:

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
wow im so getting this i love this album more thab 200 tracks must be really good

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Korrina could a racing music tone to it.

Clemont can have a techno remix

and Grant can have a rock music tone as he's a rock gym leader...

That would work great. :D Plus, rock music sometimes suggest hyperactivity to me, so it fits Grant even more, with him being super-athletic and all. XD (I would ROFL if he started headbanging to his own overworld/battle music during battle...)

That'd be pretty cool.

I'd imagine Viola would have the "normal" gym them much like Cheren did as she's the first gym leader and so introduces the gym music.

Hmm...that would work nice. or maybe creepy bug screeches and stuff; not sure what they did with Artie's/Burgh's theme in B2W2

NO, PLEASE NO! NOT THE THEME THAT PLAYS WHEN YOUR POKEMON'S HP DROPS INTO THE RED!

That theme has caused me distortion! It drives me insane! It ruins the original theme that's playing! It's not a good theme anyways!

They got rid of that ear-piercing ringing noise and made a song out of it! Whyyyy?

And I loved (one of the few things that was worth bringing back from a Gen 5 game!) the "changed up gym" theme idea from Black 2/White 2. I wished they used it for the battle themes as well, and not just for the gyms itself.

As for the "low HP" thing, it would be great if there were options like "low HP theme (classic; AKA the one from Gen 1-4), low HP theme (Gen 5 remix style), or nothing (battle music remains the same whenever your Pokemon have low HP, so less ear-grating-ness!)". I think this would satisfy a wider variety of fans...I haven't heard the Gen 5 remix myself, but it would be nice if both the classic "incessant beeping" and something akin to the Gen 5 "low HP remix" made returns in XY. :)

As for the Variable Mix thing regarding B2W2's "Pokemon Gym" theme(s), it would be great if that came back as well. When I first read about it, I actually thought that the song getting remixed within each Gym was the Black/White Gym Leader battle theme itself (have only heard the in-game version's intro, but judging by the amazing Pokemon anime arrangement I heard, the full track should be quite awesome), rather than the classic "Pokemon Gym" theme. I would prefer the Gym Leader battle theme to be remixed/altered instead rather than the Gym's overworld music, as the "Pokemon Gym" theme seems to remain the same in each generation, while the Gym Leader battle music differs with each region...

Same, as it's hard to think what a photographer could have...other than annoying flashing sounds...

I'll like to see diverse E4 themes too :3

Photography sounds for Viola's Gym music would be interesting... Modified Elite 4 battle themes would be interesting as well. :)

I'm getting confused on the number of bonus tracks at the moment... From what I've recently read on Bulbanews/Bulbagarden Forums, 202 songs seems to be confirmed at the least, although different sources are reporting different song amount totals (I wish the official websites would just be consistent >.<), and then there's the recent revelation of "secret bonus tracks".. I'm not sure whether the bonus tracks are part of the "202" or considered separate... The bonus tracks might help to clarify whether the "220" thing was a typo/mix-up of '0' and '2' , or whether there could potentially be 18 (!) bonus tracks to supplement XY's 202 songs... And "212" seems to be listed officially, now. Hopefully, the discrepancy can be resolved soon... :x

Yes that cover is beautiful.
I do wish they'd also release it on Amazon MP3 too though for people that don't have iTunes on their pc, aka, me and quite a few others.
It's a bit silly to have to download iTunes just to get this soundtrack, but I guess it'd be totally worth it.

Releasing it on Amazon MP3 would be great IMO; the more platforms of availability for the album, the better. Official YouTube uploads/releases of the songs, while it would be a hefty amount and somewhat unheard of, would be nice as well, as I've recently have been observing music companies releasing "audio-centric videos" (as in, videos where the main purpose is to hear the song in question, rather than watching a music video that might've edited portions of the song for artistic purposes; such as this video) on their YouTube accounts.

Definitely looking forward to this.

Pokémon music is great and its a good move on Nintendo's part to sell their soundtracks like Halo 4 and Journey did.

Spoiler:

This, definitely. Anything that can help video game soundtracks/songs (especially amazing Pokemon ones) receive more exposure and/or acclaim is much appreciated, in my eyes. :)

Guys, a new trailer today showcased 2 new tracks, they both seem to be Battle Music.
And they're both awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BftrqE2CQiQ
The first track may be the Legendary Mascot Battle music, while the second track, I have no clue.
But it's very similar to stuff ya hear in Shin Megami Tensei.

Pretty sure they'll be in game, TPC has never been the one to put non-game music on the Main series game trailers, and tbh, you can't imagine they'd create TWO separate tracks, that are very short, and rather obviously unfinished, just for this one trailer.

Remember, all music in the trailers for the Gen 5 main games featured in the games, so it will here too.

Plus at the Championships, Junichi was talking about how we'd have much higher quality, and more varied music.

Will have to watch/listen to the video later, but it's great that some music is being showcased at least.

Although it's not impossible that the aforementioned will be trailer-exclusive, I'd hope that the trailer music is in the games and/or on the CD. I personally hate it when videogame trailer music isn't in the game; there's no need for such pieces to be trailer-exclusive Wasted Song that lack official releases...

I can also attest to the "trailer music being in the games".. XD I watched this Keldeo trailer and thought the music was quite good for trailer music... Then I later heard the first few seconds of this Genesect trailer and immediately cringed, because I knew it was the BW Gym Leader battle music (the only version I've heard of it is the anime version since I watched some early Best Wishes episodes; waiting to play BW before I listen to the actual in-game renditions), and then I realized that BW music was probably being used in a lot of the promotional trailers I had been watching for BW events... >.< At least now I have confirmation that the BW trailers utilize in-game BW music, so that's good... :)

Anyway, more concerning the XY music album, I'm wondering if the bonus tracks will be vocal/lyrical renditions of XY game music (as past Pokemon game albums have had), releases of past game music (like how B2W2's album provided official releases of Emerald Version-exclusive music or how FRLG's album had some original RBY tracks on it) - particularly Yellow-exclusive, Crystal-exclusive, original Gold/Silver music, as they lack official releases - or actual "extra" stuff (such as remixes of past-generation music that utilize the XY "soundfont"; and/or custom new tracks that are composed with the XY "soundfont" but aren't in XY at all).

Last edited:
Back