• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day Night System - By Interdpth & ZodiacDaGreat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Interdpth & I decided to work together to add a lot new, advanced and cool stuff using Mastermind_X's Day Night as base and with credits going to him as well.

2gy575k.png

What's New?
- Time Periods [Morning, Day, Afternoon, Evening, Night]
- Fire Red & Leaf Green Versions Supported - Real Time Clock (RTC) incorporated using interdpth's code
and more later...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Fails on XP but works great on 7. thanks dude you're genius.

mindfreak

Belgium Rom hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Thnx ZodiacDaGreat, The firered support works great!
(On vista.)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Eh, I'd love to use this. But the problem is, it'll get overused. I think you should've released a tutorial on getting the ASM to work, and leaving people to work on their own devices. D: Great work, though.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
No XP comparability?! I tried it too and got the same error as gamer2020...
Damn, how can I, and the many other XP users get around this?

Years
Luck! I am using Win7!
A GREAT bug! The time between afternoon and evening can't be connected, but one hour separated. That is, if you choose evening from 18:30, afternoon will end at 17:29. So, the game crashes when it goes into the afternoon and can't go from afternoon to evening.

Great work!

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Wow.. So much ASM stuff over the past few months.
This is amazing man, thanks!

EDIT: So how would I go about checking time using this tool? (in FireRed)

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
THREAD HIJACK

If anyone is interested, i'll be posting my own code in a few days which will support my RTC, just asm code and such. ;D

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
:\
do you know why the program crashes on winxp?
also....despite the fact that there are bugs, this is most certainly epic win ^_^...
how long have we been trying to get rtc and day and night into fr/lg?
meh...maybe my mom will let me use her laptop real quick.. (she got a new one that has win7 on there...)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Thank god I got Windows 7 for Christmas! (Even though I won't really be using this since my hack is designed to play on a GBA/DS flashcart)

Will we be able to change the pre-set palettes in the program? 'Cause I don't like the colors shown in the screenshot.

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Hm... I'm not sure why it doesn't work for XP. I'll have to debug on a XP computer to know why - since I'm using Vista.

Another matter, is that due to my incorrect setting of Time values in the program while coding, there's a bug. Thanks to RoyWillow for pointing this out. Check the first post to download it.

Years
Pity it doesn't work on XP yet. I hope there'll eventually be a Day/Night system that can change the Battle Backgrounds' Palettes too. After DPPt, I personally find it a little wierd to go from a night map to a battle in broad daylight. Although since everyones been doing RTC's for FRLG (well.. You know, there's at least two within the past few days), it's awesome that you're adding support for that too. I hope you can fix the XP problems soon.

-GiЯ

Banned
Years
i cant d/l attachment, imvalid attachment ID

scratch that....after refresh i got it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back