• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
OMGPSYCHEDELIC!!!!

Nice logo. Next, you're going to reveal a city that changes colours like that...right? xD

Release it on January 1st, 2013 just to mock the apocalypse-believers, and I will cyber-kiss you xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Collect eight badges as you receive your first Pokémon reluctantly from Professor Larcoon, a woman with a stubborn side. On your adventure, meet countless Pokémon and journey through Okyto on your quest to become the Pokémon champion! It's a perilous journey. You and your Pokémon must be tough enough to take on the incredibly strong elite six then the double battle champion. You must protect the civilians from the evil team, made up of past characters and strengthen your Pokémon, beating several trainers on the way.
So it's just like Duel Monsters?

I do like the idea of the babymon quests and the integration of double battles into the main quest.

I apologize if this has been addressed five pages ago, but regarding the Pokedex on the first page - if a 'mon is highlighted in a dark square, can they only be caught after the Elite Six, or are they removed from Xenotime altogether?

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
So it's just like Duel Monsters?

I do like the idea of the babymon quests and the integration of double battles into the main quest.

I apologize if this has been addressed five pages ago, but regarding the Pokedex on the first page - if a 'mon is highlighted in a dark square, can they only be caught after the Elite Six, or are they removed from Xenotime altogether?

No, not really. It's more like Pokemon.
The Pokedex is still being reworked, but the ones we are cutting out for the main quest will all be catchable after the Elite Six.

UPDATE

Still working hard on the demo, but we've still got a lot to do. Bear with us and it'll be here shortly.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2012
hey, your games looking good. cant wait to try the game out. about your babymon, i have no idea why but i feel like ive seen them some where but i dont know where >.<

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Hey! wow, you've made some progress...
It's good to see xenotime is going well

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
WOW! Awesome Game.Maps are Great, Baby Mon Idea is too.
(Wait's patiently in the Corner of my room for December.)
~RulerArceus

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update

Gyms-3.png

Thanks to the brilliant PrinceLegendario, XENOTIME's gyms are now custom, instead of the boring changing colours of the official games. The ones shown are the first three, which will be in the demo. The first at the left is the Larcoon City Bug gym. But how, I hear you asking, do you enter? Well, you don't. Not at least until the water has drained. The second, in the center, is the Shrent City Rock gym. You'll have to challenge this gym first, even though it's the second. The third, at the right, is the Kindlewood Town Fire gym.

Progress

Progress on the upcoming demo is going well. Red-Gyrados is now our route mapper, and he has already mapped the route connecting Larcoon City and Shrent City. Apart from that, I've been able to fix a few errors, mainly in the battle systems layout, which will allow me more time to work on eventing Kindlewood Town and the new route.
The next update will include a lot of new sprites, including the male and female protagonists in battle sprites, Professor Larcoon's and maybe even a gym leader or two. Expect it soon.
And of course, thank you to everyone for your comments.

Last edited:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
You know for the fire gym, why not try adding a torch-like thing on the roof. Or bigger flames at the side. Overall quite cool!

Arma

The Hyena
Years
The flames around the fire gym are kinda hard to see... and that's the only negative thing I've got to say. You game looks fantastic, Looking forward to play the demo.

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
Years
I must say this is a very interesting game being developed.
I like the idea of the new baby pokmeon, although for the sprites the baby sneasels feet look abit... 'weird'. Apart from that I'm actually quite impressed! Loving the baby Onyx too.

I'm abit rusty but if you'd like any help for pokemon sprites i'll be happy to help ^^. Just Pm me.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update

AquakipSpirtes-1.png

Thanks to Aquakip, XENOTIME now has all of the baby Pokémon! Don't they look cute? I haven't decided names for them yet, but they will be the same types as their evolutions. In case anyone doesn't know about them yet, I'll explain: Ever thought that once you've defeated a gym leader and received your one badge, TM and "advice" that it wasn't really worth the effort? Well this feature will certainly fix that!
Once you defeat a gym leader, you will receive a hint to the where abouts of a baby Pokémon. To get the 'mon you'll have to try and figure out what the hint meant. Maybe
a riddle.

Contest

Spoiler:

In the spoiler above is a route I created. A bit boring, isn't it? So I decided to open up the part at the bottom and let XENOTIME's fans decide what it should look like. PM me if you're interested and I'll tell you all of the details. The closing date is the 17th of this month.

Progress

Apart from the new route, not much. I've just had so much college work these past couple of weeks I haven't had much time at all to work on the game. The good news is that I've finished it all for now, so I can carry on with the game again.
Tanks for the comments again guys.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
How about Coaltoise for the Torkoal pre-evo? :)
Anyway, the sprites look pretty good, although the Skarmory pre-evo's legs look a little small compared to its body.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
I like the pre-evolution, but how does the pre-evo from Lunatune and Solrock become any of those. Also for the Scyther and Pinser pre-evo. How do they evolve?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I like the pre-evolution, but how does the pre-evo from Lunatune and Solrock become any of those. Also for the Scyther and Pinser pre-evo. How do they evolve?

They dont. As far as I know ; they "grow up" is just a baby version of the main pokemon not a pre evo.

@Peeky now
Anyways I cant wait for the demo.
Sadly I cant think of anything for the route..

~Countryemo

ChaosNinjat

Dragon Ranger
Years
I'm liking the title screen Peeky, very snazzy :D!

By the way, I've finished up Professor Larcoon's sprite, think I sent you a message with it in, plus the female protagonist's overworlds.

I've also almost finished the professor's overworlds as well, I'll send you a message with them in as soon as they're done.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update

The mapping contest is over, and the winner has been decided. It's elarmasecreta! Instead of just designing the part at the bottom of the route, he redesigned the entire thing. Have a look for yourself:
Spoiler:

Sprites

Pratagonists.png

Apart from that, thanks to the brilliant ChaosNinjat^, we now have the female and male protagonists in battle sprites! And as it says in his post, there'll be more coming very soon.

Revamp+Screens

If you hadn't already noticed, the front page has now been updated and looks a lot cleaner and more professional in my opinion. There's also two new screens in my sig to have a look at.

Progress

Now that elarmasecreta has created the route between Kindlewood Town and Shrent City, no more maps need to be created for the demo. So now all that needs done is eventing, and fixing of a few script errors. The demo is still on track for it's release on Christmas day.

@me2hack: Thanks. Heh heh... I hadn't really thought of that. I'm sure I'll think of something before the demo is released.

@ChaosNinjat: Thanks. I'll send you a PM now.

@Everyone else: Thanks a bunch for your comments!

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
As always, your graphical, gameplay and storyline updates seem to be ticking all the right boxes so I'm not going to comment on them if I can't find any suitable faults at the moment and I've obviously yet to play the demo.

The question I was going to ask instead was this; why so many pseudo-legendaries? Are all 5 pre-GenV pseudo's really going to be in the game (as well as Slaking)? A p-l is really meant to be a special-case. Too many of them reduces their value (which is the official games' problem with legendaries). Personally, I think you should maybe cap it at 3 pseudo's plus Slaking. Perhaps Larvitar, Beldum and Dratini (purely for variety)? it;s merely a suggestion and I'm really only knit-picking because everything else seems very sleek and well-designed.

Looking forward to demo, screenshots etc. :cer_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back