• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon White Yin & Black Yang versions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PARADOX-

Overworld Spriter :)
Years

Ok guys, hello i am new to rom hacking and this is my first project. No its not a black and white demake but it does feature reshiram and zekrom as the main legendaries. Also the overworlds are made completely by me and are exclusive to this hack only! so NO stealing!!!!!!

OVERALL MYTH
In the beginning there was 2 beings who embodied pure energy. One converted his energy into the strongest fire, and the other converted his into the most shocking electricity. Together they kept balance in the universe.
Until one day their paths crossed and they fought. This was a fight like no other and resulted in a monumental explosion. It caused a rupture in the time space continuem.
At the heart of the explosion an egg came into existence, and from the egg, the creator arrived. His birth calmed the great giants quarrel and they finally went back to keeping balance in the universe.
The creator looked around for a suitable environment for him to live, he found one a planet that amazed him, it got dark and light at different points, it had many different plants and everything was quiet and peaceful. This planet inspired him to create hundreds of different beings that were dubbed by the humans as Pokemon.
The giants saw the work the creator had done and they landed on an unkown region where they were honoured as Gods, the giants saw inpurity within the humans hearts and selected 3 pokemon in this new region and assigned them the responsibility of protecting Pokemon and the areas in which they live from human creed and infection.

STORYLINE
ALPHA 1
You are ayoung Boy/Girl living in the region of Glora. Glora is a very high-tech region in which many pokemon live and work with humans in perfect harmony, All this supposedly was because of the energy titans, who kept balance within the universe. One day you awake from a horrific nightmare where you saw 2 giant pokemon fighting, and the whole world was falling apart. After waking up, you are greated by your childhood friend Wes who is very excited about getting his very first Pokemon!
Wes informs you that Professor Kalice is waiting for the both of you at her lab. Wes soon runs off to wait for you at the entrence of the lab. Once you go and find Wes you enter the lab which is a very exciting place, and you notice 3 Poke-balls sitting on a table. Later you are prompted to pick one and Wes chooses one of the remaining 2 left. Once you have got your Pokemon Wes will challenge you to a battle, but Prof. Kalice stops him informing the 2 of you to train and capture other pokemon before you start battling, then she gives you your Pokedex and you are ready to begin your new and exciting adventure in the Pokemon World.

SCREENSHOTS

CREDITS

^for making my banner ;)

VERSION DIFFERENCES
-Some Pokemon have different colours and abilities between the versions
-Some areas are different, just like black and white
-Some pokemon can only be caught in a certain versions

FEATURES
-4th and 5th gen pokemon
-new tiles
-new custom overworlds
-old and new characters
-amazing scripts
-plenty of sidequests
-5th gen pkmn have easier to pronounce names

INTERACTABLE POKEMON
-Alpha 1
Shikija

You can encounter Shikija in its Winter form in Pokemon Black Yang version and in Spring form in White Yin version. It is at level 5 and is a worthy member of your team.

PROGRESS
Alpha 1
White Yin version: 20%
Black Yang version: 20%

BANNERS

HELP NEEDED
-Someone to make 2 sepertae title screens for the games.
-A scripter

Last edited:

Shiny HO-OH

Ho-oH trainer
Years
This hack is actually looking pretty good man, thats a nice insertion of my tiles btw and i really like the name of the 2 games, is it gonna end up as a trilogy or something because that would be pretty damn awesome man.

Oh and heres an idea why not use the isshu hero and heroine?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I don't know if you mentioned it somewhere but does this take place in Sinnoh. The first town shot look slike Twinleaf while the second reminds me of Sandgem

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
The tiles look really nice (sweet Reshi statue btw) and this actually seems really cool compared to some crap "White/Black remakes" I've seen.

-PARADOX-

Years
ehm Quilava master it doesnt but i do see what you mean, hmmmmm im going to have to change this before the alpha, sorry about that

and thanx spikey-eared Pichu that statue was actually made by me, probably my best tile work, im actually working on the zekrom statue now tbh i think its starting to look better...

Oh btw guys i would really appreciate it if someone could come up with a concept for the hero/ heroine

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
Sweet, I'm gonna keep an eye on this!

As for a concept for the hero/heroine, why not just take the B/W characters and squish em down to size?

-PARADOX-

Years
thanks, allot of people are pm-ing me saying to just use the b/w hero/heroine so i think thats what ill do, tomorrow guys will be posting screens of the new city of Winlow and of the hero/heroine overworlds..

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
For a first project, it's pretty impressive. But I'd like to contrast on your idea of creating two different versions. It'll just create more work load and I can't really see much difference in the versions. I suggest you to concentrate on one version for the time being for more efficiency. But whatever you feel like, I suppose.

The main storyline doesn't tell us much.
The tiles are inserted pretty well. I don't like the dark outline on the houses in the first screen though. Overall, it looks pretty good.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Errgh. ANother B/W hack. Looks like I have competition.

Lookin good so far (at least compared to mine). Everything's top notch!

-PARADOX-

Years
Guys how many times must this be repeated, this is 100% NOT a b/w hack, demake or remake it is just using 5th gen pokemon and as of today 5th gen hero/heroine.

there is no rom base patch used and it is a hack of ruby.

Sorry if you dont like some aspects of these games but it is my first project and i would also like to keep it to 2 games because although you may think there is going to be no difference, there will in actual fact be many in game differences.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
It was, pretty cool and it has 2 version, I really can't choose :D, are You going to make 3rd version?

Last edited:

-PARADOX-

Years
to be honest with you i was actually thinking of making a 3rd version, a sort of combo version in which you can get both legendaries and it can have an alternative ending and stuff?

and i have called it scavise because it sounded cool and easier to say, i just liked the name, you dont have to like it you know, i just called it that because it sounded good.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
The shrucken OWs doesn't look very good. It looks like that you ripped them off Wesley's Light Platinum. The grammar isn't good either.

I can help you with the grammar, but please, fix the OWs.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
This looks good, but wy would you give the 5th Gen Pokemon new names? I think it's just easier to keep the origial names.

donquixote123456

Hacker on the go
Years
Ok heres the deal . If you are interested in adding 5 generation pokemon into your hack i can provide you with sprites , complete move sets that the pokemon will learn as they level up and evolve, and complete ENGLISH pokedex entries for most , and a few other things. However inserting them into the hack is completely your responsibility as i honestly don't have the time with my exams and stuff.
and i could also give you the tms that each pokemon would learn. The only thing you would have to find is move animations for the battle sprites and psypoke or what ever you call it you know the uh list that comes when you press start>pokemon in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back