• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✜// CHECKMATE (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ah. Well, we can just pretend Vinnie doesn't check his email as often as the others. I'm too lazy to edit it. :3

Haha yeah, doesn't matter much. Candice did the same :)

So, will Vinnie be the server player to Candice? I can assure you that the server player will get more action later as well. Otherworld hopefully knows what I mean~

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Yeah, I think Vinnie will be a server. I can go ahead and post, right? Or does everyone need to post their OP before we get into things?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hm, I'd say let everybody do their intro post before you post again. I'm impatient as hell, but let's be fair xD

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Posted.

Looks like there's a lot of Vriska in Ricardo. x(

Yes, I am THIS far into the comic now… I've barely even slept. -_-'

EDIT: Anyways, I am now responsible for you playing with Otherworld, Lt. Col.… I made you who you will become… MWUAHAHAHAHAHA

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ahaha, you posted in second person and messaged with the right colors and usernames and you've read THAT far into Homestuck already? *puts APPROVED stamp on drunk* Good thing you're being the server player for Vieve, I think.

And Vriska is my favorite troll so ::::D

You others don't have to write like drunk did, that's just how Homestuck does. And how I'll likely be doing too, just because I'm used to it by now.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@ Red: Yeah, I saw your post and became… inspired to do so as well… :)

I love the comic though, I'm so high off of it my eyes are red xD

Well, they're 'sleep-deprived and staring at a computer screen'-red, but you get the point :P

I have to say: Dave, Vriska, Gamzee and [the blind girl] are by far my favorites so far. adiosToreador (forgot his name), was cool too, but he was such a pansy! :'(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yeah, oh about my post. And yours. Do Ricardo's family have, like, servants running about the house? Or is it just the family?

I know what you mean, when I first started reading it, I didn't want to go to sleep. Darn addictive comic shenanigans.

The blind girl is Terezi, she's also awesome, but I didn't quite get her personality. Vriska is bipolar or something so we know she's totally unpredictable. But Terezi is unpredictable in an annoying way. Her and Dave's relation is adorable though. Also, adiosToreador is Tavros :3 Poor thing.​

EDIT: Actually, I'd prefer if you guys didn't write in second person. You can if you really think it looks better / is more fun / easier - I won't force you not to - but it makes more sense for me to do it since I am the narrator and is talking relatively directly to... hm, to your character's subconscious xD

EDIT2: Retro Bug posted too, so now you're all clear to chat away or do whatever until you feel like you want to start playing SBURB. End a post when you've begun installing the game, because when the first person has done that, I'll post the next narrative.

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I think next time I will use 2nd person. I dont want to be that one lame guy who still uses 3rd.

And I plan on reading homestuck, but I feel as if it will take a long time to finish...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey! I'm using third person so you're not the only lame guy. I was going to start reading it too but I kind of forgot about it. Oops.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Oh. Now I feel like a jerk for leaving you as the only lame guy. If you want, I can do 3rd as well again. 2nd person is kinda different, and I might switch back anyway. Hope I'm not being too confusing...

PS: Posted in IC! Tried to do my best on 2nd person, and now I feel bad about making retro the lame guy

EDIT: Man! Just read Red's edits. Now I really feel like a jackass.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Yeah, oh about my post. And yours. Do Ricardo's family have, like, servants running about the house? Or is it just the family?

Yeah, picture a house with servants and bodyguards and butlers and maids and doormen who are actually bodyguards, and maybe snipers.
I've been playing with the idea that Ricardo's mom's father is a drug dealer in Mexico and that his dad is running **** on the other side of the border.
But OF COURSE Ricardo wouldn't know any of this, nor would it be relevant… I'm just playing with the idea.

I know what you mean, when I first started reading it, I didn't want to go to sleep. Darn addictive comic shenanigans.
:P

EDIT: Actually, I'd prefer if you guys didn't write in second person. You can if you really think it looks better / is more fun / easier - I won't force you not to - but it makes more sense for me to do it since I am the narrator and is talking relatively directly to... hm, to your character's subconscious xD

EDIT2: Retro Bug posted too, so now you're all clear to chat away or do whatever until you feel like you want to start playing SBURB. End a post when you've begun installing the game, because when the first person has done that, I'll post the next narrative.
Oh man… :(

Okay, boring third person narrative coming at you beginning on my next post. :P

@ EVERYONE: I feel like we should have USERNAMES for PESTERCHUM. It just feels wrong not to… :(
Here are some examples from the comic:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
I like usernames! :)

DressyVieve
PaintSplatter
SplashesofColor

Hmm.
I like paintSplatter :)
And I decided I'm going with babelsEngineer for myself. /shrugs

Anyways, I can't wait to see what Aspects Red has in store for us! :P
(the Aspects are the titles they get in the game, right?)

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
How about sexMachine for Vinnie?

.....okay, I'm just kidding.

But what about bemyValentine? Its a play on words with his last name.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Looking good, everything.

Aha, well, we'll see what happens to those servants when Ricardo's house... Well, you know, perhaps. I might not do completely as Homestuck does. Or at all. Because then you'd know what would happen aaaand. You don't :3 well. Not completely. Anywaysssss

Usernames is a cool idea! And actually, forget I said anything about 2nd person. It's ok, you can write in any perspective you want. Sorry for being indecisive :)

Aspects are a part of your title. The other one is your Role, like class. But let's not spoil all yet...

I can say that I've found the Time aspect to be a bit troublesome to implement in the RP though, so the one who gets that power will either have to be careful about using it, or I'll limit their powers greatly. I'm thinking of just replacing it with some other aspect though... And I just came up with one that can work!

*goes fiddling with the many documents of texts there already is on the background and plot and details of Checkmate*

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I have to say: Dave, Vriska, Gamzee and [the blind girl] are by far my favorites so far. adiosToreador (forgot his name), was cool too, but he was such a pansy! :'(

My favorites, now, would have to be Karkat and Gamzee. I'm in on the end of Act 5. o_O I am at THIS.

A lot happened while I was gone??? D:

YES, I AGREE DRUNK. I stayed up so late reading the comic, so gooood :3

I was going to base mine off Gamzee when I joined, but I saw how complex that was gonna be XD So I just made up a lazy character.

I was wondering if I could make my Pesterchum account like archaicMiracle. It fits the view of my character a bit XD [Not literally though]

@drunk - I like babelsEngineer better for you :3

Usually, like the characters in Homestuck, I just mix two adjectives from that describe the characters, or two things they like...or that's how I saw it all along.

I liked the aspect in the trolls:
Spoiler:

I actually like bemyValentine =P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
You can have any chumhandle (Pesterchum username) you want. babelsEngineer, paintSplatter, archaicMiracle and sexMachine are my favorites xD

Seems all of you missed the very first rule I stated in the OP by the way :p
Most of the time (as I plan, at least) you will control your own character ONLY.
- As stated earlier, you will only control your main character and I will be... a kind of narrator.

Buuut, seeing as several of you have already played as your family members now, I'll let you continue with that until a certain point. I'll let you know when I take control of them. I have some requirements though... I'll PM you if it concerns you :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Alright, I'll being using paintSplatter and I'll have a post up by later today.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
You can have any chumhandle (Pesterchum username) you want. babelsEngineer, paintSplatter, archaicMiracle and sexMachine are my favorites xD

Seems all of you missed the very first rule I stated in the OP by the way :p

Buuut, seeing as several of you have already played as your family members now, I'll let you continue with that until a certain point. I'll let you know when I take control of them. I have some requirements though... I'll PM you if it concerns you :3
LOL. xD

I totally thought that meant no bunnying other people's character's…

Anyways, as one of the perpetrators I would like to say I'm sorry and it won't happen again.
Can I see people doing menial/irrelevant things though (such as how doorman #1 opened the gate for mom's car)?

Back